Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being a fan of this team makes me want to committ Suicide

Being a fan of this team makes me want to committ Suicide

There’s dysfunction going on here on so many levels, it’s absurd.

The only hope they have is the owner selling the team, which hopefully will happen sooner than later.

I heard it was Woody’s demand that they trade for Favre and sign Tebow (both disasters on the field) just to make back page headlines and sell PSL’s. Neither Mangini wanted Favre at the time and neither Rex or Tannenbaum wanted Tebow – which is now obvious because Tebow didn’t play at all to justify his contract. It seems all they care about is making headlines for the wrong reasons in order to steal the Giants thunder, who do it the right way.

Also, giving Sanchez that huge contract was the silliest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Coming off of a poor season no less. Let him earn his extension with his play on the field. If they hadn’t given him that contract last year, they’d be in much better shape financially now. Now, they are hamstrung because of it and will probably suck for at least 2 more years.

Unless Woody miraculously decides to become “hands off” and let management properly handle the day to day and just sign the checks there’s no hope until we have a new owner.

In the meantime, nobody wants to even be involved with the team. The best players, coaches, and managers are turning the jets down. Notice how Peyton Manning wanted nothing to do with the Jets? As you can see his presence alone is worth probably 5 or 6 additional wins per year.

The salary cap issue also will discourage many GM candidates from wanting to take the job- in addition having to deal with a lame duck coach AND quarterback. Most GM’s want to come in and pick their own coach.

I hope woody sells the team...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You're right. It's been a real rough stretch in Jets history ever since Woody took over. I can't wait until he's gone so we can return to the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Hall Of Fame
    I hear turning on the car in a sealed garage works nicely.

A very rational viewpoint you've got there.

I would suggest suicide isn't a topic we should be throwing about so casually.

I would suggest that if you really feel that strongly, you might consider you have more serious problems that the future of the New York Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    let me see...first losing season in 5 years.....just two years away from two afc title games and you talk about suicide? if you were a lions fan then I guess you would be dead by now. I heard sleeping pills in large dosages is a painless way to go.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I would suggest suicide isn't a topic we should be throwing about so casually.

I would suggest that if you really feel that strongly, you might consider you have more serious problems that the future of the New York Jets.
    +1. What a joke

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Tanny fired (Caldwell or Gamble in)

Sparano fired (Norv Turner/Hue Jackson in)

Cavanaugh fired

Rex determined to go with more aggressive approach on offense

New QB in our near future

Some of you guys must've OD'd on estrogen pills.

You're acting like it's the end of the world while I'm about to pop bottles.

Hall Of Fame
    the two bad years were 8-8 and 6-10..........are some people on this board for real??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    You're right. It's been a real rough stretch in Jets history ever since Woody took over. I can't wait until he's gone so we can return to the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
    Very misleading since A) the 80s were arguably as good as now, and B) woody inherited a great situation from parcells and steadily destroyed it.

I've followed this team for 32 years and this is as bad as I've felt about the team's future since kotite. This owner is a disaster.

If Woody decided to retain Rex as HC, he said the right things. You cannot make it appear as if your HC is hanging by a thread if you want to attract a good OC or any assistant coach for that matter.

Hall Of Fame
    Brother I actually found someone that actually gets it.....we don't know how it will turn out but how can you not be excited with these massive changes??? HELLOO!!! Refreshing to see someone with a rational way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Cavanaugh fired

You're acting like it's the end if the world while I'm about to pop bottles.

Correct...

People have short memories around here. 2 years removed from back to back AFC championship games and we are a laughing stock?

People need to brush up on their history and realize what a real laughing stock is.

We have a coach who brings a top 5 defense most of the time. Worst case top 10. Just get him a QB to match the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Cavanaugh fired

You're acting like it's the end of the world while I'm about to pop bottles.
    He needs some of Keller's new product.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Very misleading since A) the 80s were arguably as good as now, and B) woody inherited a great situation from parcells and steadily destroyed it.

I've followed this team for 32 years and this is as bad as I've felt about the team's future since kotite. This owner is a disaster.
    go take two aspirin, stick a tampon up your ass, and call me in the morning.

Hess was called an idiot for 20 years unless he finally brought in Parcells. Woody hasn't even hired a new GM yet, and he's being demonized. Let's wait to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Correct...

People have short memories around here. 2 years removed from back to back AFC championship games and we are a laughing stock?

People need to brush up on their history and realize what a real laughing stock is.

We have a coach who brings a top 5 defense most of the time. Worst case top 10. Just get him a QB to match the defense.
    Agree. Some people just aren't that bright. Or don't know how to evaluate a situation properly.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I hear turning on the car in a sealed garage works nicely.
    He could probably do a 12- 1/2 no splash off the top of the stadium woody would love the PR.

Lol, jets fans have short memories.mute success under rex in recent years than any other regime since namath. Problem is fans these days are far more demanding.I know plenty of Yankee fans that can't stand cashman and girardi.

We live the era of the spoiled brat fan.