Thread: Mike Pettine

Mike Pettine

What happened there? Why leave the Jets for another coordinator job? Is he trying to get out of Rex's shadow and make his own name as a D coordinator? Did him and Rex have a major falling out? I know rumors are his was the mole to Manish but there has to be more to this.

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I know rumors are his was the mole to Manish but there has to be more to this.
    Not really. In fact if the rumors are true and they knew he was the mole last year then this move is a year overdue.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Not really. In fact if the rumors are true and they knew he was the mole last year then this move is a year overdue.
    So why offer him an extension? He may have been and it didn't bother the Jets to bring him back. I don't recall the leaks being about Rex so who knows..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    So why offer him an extension? He may have been and it didn't bother the Jets to bring him back. I don't recall the leaks being about Rex so who knows..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    exactly, it seems like Pettine chose to leave not the other way around. This makes me think he really just wants out of Rex's shadow and knows he'll just never get any credit as long as Rex is the coach.

exactly, it seems like Pettine chose to leave not the other way around. This makes me think he really just wants out of Rex's shadow and knows he'll just never get any credit as long as Rex is the coach.
    not only that, but maybe he also saw that thurman was getting credit for a lot of stuff there too. thurman's getting the lion's share of credit for holding the secondary together after revis got hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    He feels he knows Defense as well a Rex. The student wants to test the waters and improve his future.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just like BB wanted out of the Tuna's shadow..

I can honestly say I don't give a **** about Mike Pettine

Dennis Thurman will make a fine DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Who is Chris Gross?
    Yet another person who has no clue but is just throwing some **** at the wall to hope it sticks.

Same as those idiots who jumped at us signing Gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Yet another person who has no clue but is just throwing some **** at the wall to hope it sticks.

Same as those idiots who jumped at us signing Gamble.
    I've never heard of him...I'm glad Pettine's gone, tho...You want to be Manish's source to undermine the organization then you don't belong here...My guess is that's the reason he's out

What happened there? Why leave the Jets for another coordinator job? Is he trying to get out of Rex's shadow and make his own name as a D coordinator? Did him and Rex have a major falling out? I know rumors are his was the mole to Manish but there has to be more to this.
    Make no mistake. Pettine is running from the hell hole that Rex has created in Florham Park. It is disorganized, unfocused, lazy and dysfunctional. The blame squarely belongs at Rex's feet. Rex had his hand in EVERY personnel decision over the last 4 years. Tannenbaum and other ex-Jets higher ups have confirmed that there has not been a player acquisition or departure that wasn't approved by Rex in all 4 years. Rex is the reason we are saddled with Sanchez. Rex is the reason why the depth chart is pathetically weak. Rex is the reason why Woody got the go ahead for the Tebow acquisition. Tebow ran over Rex's over rated defense and Rex fell in love with him. Clinksdale quit because Rex interfered in the draft process and vetoed players that Clinksdale wanted. There was no rhyme or reason to it. No wonder Clink and now Pettine ran out of here like bats out of hell. Rex is a f-king disaster and everyone knows it. All of this coming out now only AFTER our mentally challenged owner makes the myopic decision to keep this lying sack of sh!t as our headcoach. If you listened to today's presser and the radio callers and coverage for the rest of the day, every Jets fan should be sick to his stomach about this. All of the commentary was the same. Woody has admitted that Rex will be involved in the GM hiring process and will be sitting on the interviews. That, my friends, is lunacy. Rex is running the show openly now and he has been running the show covertly for the last 4 years. If it's true that Rex was final say on player acquisitions, then Tanny was indeed the scapegoat. Rex is a piece of sh!t and we're stuck with him.

We should all feel like vomiting over this.

oh yes... It was Rex who insisted on keeping Holmes at any cost.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Make no mistake. Pettine is running from the hell hole that Rex has created in Florham Park. It is disorganized, unfocused, lazy and dysfunctional. The blame squarely belongs at Rex's feet.

pettine is rexs best buddy i saw them many times out in public together.

pettine changed the defense this year where were the blitzes that we used so much in prior years?

rex created the mess and only he can fix it and pettine being gone makes this no longer the good ole boys club.