Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: QueensJetsFan's Gripes About Woody Johnson Pile-On Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I know you don't want to hear anything negative about your hero Woody and for your information I've been around. Just don't post with the frequency of some but have offered up my pearls of wisdom in the last 2 years.

Did you think you missed me?
    What's your point?

That because you were wrong about the stadium you are right about the owner? Yeah, that makes sense.

Your issue with Woody Johnson revolves around ZIP Codes and boroughs. You have never had anything to say about him as the manager of a football operation, so showing up on a day like today when Jets fans are hurting after two years if disappearing to rub salt in the wound is inappropriate.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What's your point?

That because you were wrong about the stadium you are right about the owner? Yeah, that makes sense.
    SAR I
    Only someone with the logic of SAR could think that this is what I have been saying. I specifically said in the original post that the Stadium was Woody's original sin. I know you love to talk stadium but I requested this thread to be about Woody's performance as owner in the other areas of managing the team and not the Stadium. There are enough threads on this board about the Stadium you love to spam.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 01-08-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    Queens Jet Fan is dead on in his assesment of woody johnson..hes a complete silver spooned bafoon!!!!
    Queens Jet Fan still holds a grudge against Woody Johnson for keeping the team in New Jersey and moving the practice facility and operations as well.

He doesn't know anything about the Jets, hasn't attended a Jets game in almost a decade, hasn't been on JI for two years, and couldn't name 10 Jets off the top of his head if you ran into him in the street.

He's here to pile-on our owner and make real Jets fans feel bad on a truly disappointing day. It's not something that he should be doing.

SAR I

Only someone with the logic of SAR could think that this is what I have been saying.
    Really?

Re-read your opening post in this thread. It basically says "look at me I was wrong about the stadium situation but that made me dislike Woody Johnson therefore look at me I was right he's not a good guy look at me."

Real fans aren't talking about themselves today. Real fans are commiserating another four years of this horrible team. You are here to make everybody feel worse than they already do. That's because you are not a real fan.

You disappeared from Jets Insider for two years; please continue.

SAR I

Queens Jet Fan still holds a grudge against Woody Johnson for keeping the team in New Jersey and moving the practice facility and operations as well.

He doesn't know anything about the Jets, hasn't attended a Jets game in almost a decade, hasn't been on JI for two years, and couldn't name 10 Jets off the top of his head if you ran into him in the street.

He's here to pile-on our owner and make real Jets fans feel bad on a truly disappointing day. It's not something that he should be doing.

SAR I
    Wrong wrong wrong. Was a STH till the new stadium. Have been to Jet games in the new stadium and have posted in 2 years.

Is there anything you can get right?
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 01-08-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What's your point?

It actually does. Woody has proven he is not good at evaluating the talent and skill sets of his most key people.

Who are those people?

Jay Cross
    Terry Bradway
    Herm Edwards
    Eric Mangini
    Mike Tannebaum
    Rex Ryan

We almost got our own stadium in New York.
    We almost went to the Super Bowl.

Woody can't get the job done because he trusts people who do not deserve his loyalty.

He's not a businessman. He's a philanthropist.

Really?

Re-read your opening post in this thread. It basically says "look at me I was wrong about the stadium situation

SAR I
    Just re-read it. How does saying the Stadium was Woody's original sin, means that I think I was wrong?
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 01-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Schluberator & Gadfly

SAR I
    Ray Ray, is that you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The Ravens just cut their second round pick from 2 years ago, sergio kindle, should ozzie and decosta be fired? The pats cut ron brace, their 2009 second round pick, does BB need a new GM?

Amazing how some people can harp and harp on vlad ducasse....so we took a shot on a developemental olineman with 61st pick in the draft and it didnt work out.

How has jeremy kerley worked out, was that a good pick? How about wilkerson, coples, slauson - a 7th round 2 year starter.

NOT EVERY PICK IS GOING TO BE A PROBOWLER
    exactly

SAR I
    but SAR bottom line... woody is the cancer on this team..until he wakes up like leon hess did and hires a parcells.like figure ..we will never go anywhere as an organization!!!

It is well known that I'm not a big fan. I have constantly said he is in over his head and an incompetent in this job. I have taken a lot of grief over my vehement opposition to us joining a shared stadium with the Giants in NJ on this board. Yes, I believe that is Woody's original sin, but let's stay away from that here.

I don't see how anybody who heard Woody today can say that I was wrong in my assessment about him. The Jets are doomed as long as Woody stays the owner. How sad!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    but SAR bottom line... woody is the cancer on this team..until he wakes up like leon hess did and hires a parcells.like figure ..we will never go anywhere as an organization!!!
    That is exactly the point.

The man is smart enough to know he needs football talent to run his football team. Turns out that his head coach has hypnotized him into thinking he's talented.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

It is well known that I'm not a big fan. I have constantly said he is in over his head and an incompetent in this job. I have taken a lot of grief over my vehement opposition to us joining a shared stadium with the Giants in NJ on this board. Yes, I believe that is Woody's original sin, but let's stay away from that here.

I don't see how anybody who heard Woody today can say that I was wrong in my assessment about him. The Jets are doomed as long as Woody stays the owner. How sad!
    he's in the job for life.

we might be doomed but you aren't. you are a young guy. not too late to root for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I wanted the GM gone.

He's gone.

I wanted Shades and Cavanaugh gone.

They're gone.

I wanted the Jets to pursue Gamble and Caldwell from the start.

They've pursued them.

I've wanted the Jets to consider Norv Turner for OC.

They're considering him.

I've wanted the Jets to adapt to a modern offensive approach, one that doesn't try to "ground and pound" you like it's 1962.

They're complying.

How could I not be thrilled with what has transpired?
    because it wouldn't fit into Queens JF view of the organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    This is all Woody had to say about what he was looking for in a GM:

That's it. Duh! How obvious can you get? I want my GM to be successful. Geez. If he had any vision or idea about how to build a football team or a direction to take it - his statement would have consisted of a little more than 'I want a GM who can be successful'. He is clueless, wandering around without a compass hoping to trip over something that works. Every move he has made has been a knee jerk reaction to the previous mistake. Mangini was reserved and quiet, so he hired the loudest brashest non-Mangini out there. Tanny was a bust, so now he knows he needs someone able to evaluate personnel. He has no overall vision, just corrects the last mistake. While inserting his need for media attention with suggestions like Favre and Tebow. Guaranteed the next HC is an offensive guru.
    This is what I have said for 3 years..... The Jets it is now clear that, the owner, has NO PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    he's in the job for life.

we might be doomed but you aren't. you are a young guy. not too late to root for the Giants.
    Ahhh. The cry of the kool aid drinkers. Go root for another team. Sorry ain't happening and if it did no way ever the Giants.
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    because it wouldn't fit into Queens JF view of the organization.
    Right - the real world view. It certainly seemed like today's event confirmed that my view is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    +1
    Theanks Dcat. That means something coming from you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I wanted the GM gone.

He's gone.

I wanted Shades and Cavanaugh gone.

They're gone.

I wanted the Jets to pursue Gamble and Caldwell from the start.

They've pursued them.

I've wanted the Jets to consider Norv Turner for OC.

They're considering him.

I've wanted the Jets to adapt to a modern offensive approach, one that doesn't try to "ground and pound" you like it's 1962.

They're complying.

How could I not be thrilled with what has transpired?
    Not sure how to take your post. You wanted the Jets to "pursue" Gamble and Caldwell? And you're satisfied with how things have played out? Woody said that Rex would be part of the decision on the new GM. But he was in the Bahamas when we interviewed both.

Then we are rumored to be hiring Gamble. Then it's rumored that his interview "wasn't impressive." And then Caldwell's second interview took place either during the press conference or was only an hour long.

That my friend is more smoke being blown up the @$$ of every fan out there.

Now we are hearing how impressive Cohen's interview went. Woody is a F'N liar. We could of and should have had Gamble. We didn't because Woody wanted to hire within.

And the Norv consideration. Right. We might have of called and he said GFY. So is that acceptable? We have to ask ourselves, NO ONE wants to be the GM. NO ONE wants to be the OC. Maybe keeping Rex was the wrong idea.

Just maybe.

Hey I got an idea, Maybe Rex and Woody can sell Sanchez on a CFL OC. Why the F not. It's innovative. It attacks. What ever. This team is dead.

There is nothing to root for this team anymore. QB is terrible. The offensive savior is Holmes. A quitting dope smoker.

Our STs were probably the worst I've seen since Kotite was here. So what do we do? promote from within.

Roster is a mess so for GM: Promote from within.

Please go 0-16. That way everyone gets fired. Woody sells the team for a loss.

Pcola glad to see they are not serving kool aid in Pensacola. Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Not sure how to take your post. You wanted the Jets to "pursue" Gamble and Caldwell? And you're satisfied with how things have played out? Woody said that Rex would be part of the decision on the new GM. But he was in the Bahamas when we interviewed both.

Then we are rumored to be hiring Gamble. Then it's rumored that his interview "wasn't impressive." And then Caldwell's second interview took place either during the press conference or was only an hour long.

That my friend is more smoke being blown up the @$$ of every fan out there.

Now we are hearing how impressive Cohen's interview went. Woody is a F'N liar. We could of and should have had Gamble. We didn't because Woody wanted to hire within.

And the Norv consideration. Right. We might have of called and he said GFY. So is that acceptable? We have to ask ourselves, NO ONE wants to be the GM. NO ONE wants to be the OC. Maybe keeping Rex was the wrong idea.

Just maybe.

Hey I got an idea, Maybe Rex and Woody can sell Sanchez on a CFL OC. Why the F not. It's innovative. It attacks. What ever. This team is dead.

There is nothing to root for this team anymore. QB is terrible. The offensive savior is Holmes. A quitting dope smoker.

Our STs were probably the worst I've seen since Kotite was here. So what do we do? promote from within.

Roster is a mess so for GM: Promote from within.

Please go 0-16. That way everyone gets fired. Woody sells the team for a loss.
    even if we went 0-16 woody would sell the team for a large profit.