Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QueensJetsFan's Gripes About Woody Johnson Pile-On Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The Ravens just cut their second round pick from 2 years ago, sergio kindle, should ozzie and decosta be fired? The pats cut ron brace, their 2009 second round pick, does BB need a new GM?

Amazing how some people can harp and harp on vlad ducasse....so we took a shot on a developemental olineman with 61st pick in the draft and it didnt work out.

How has jeremy kerley worked out, was that a good pick? How about wilkerson, coples, slauson - a 7th round 2 year starter.

NOT EVERY PICK IS GOING TO BE A PROBOWLER
    I agree that not every pick should be looked at individually. The draft and the team needs to be looked at as a whole. I think if one does that one sees that the Tanny/Mangini drafts as a whole were a lot more effective then the Tanny/Rex drafts.

Shouldn't that tell you something?

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    And you think this is all the Jets need? I'm thrilled for you then. Many others (including myself)think that more needs to be done and from what we heard today it's not going to get done.
    and what is that exactly? Please explain whats not going to get done as well..

I agree that not every pick should be looked at individually. The draft and the team needs to be looked at as a whole. I think if one does that one sees that the Tanny/Mangini drafts as a whole were a lot more effective then the Tanny/Rex drafts.

Hence we are getting a new GM...so whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    and what is that exactly? Please explain whats not going to get done as well..
    Well obviously Rex should be gone or at least he should not have any input at all in process of fixing it. Rex's statement that he is starting over is absurd.

What Woody should have said is that he is looking for the best possible GM and when that man is picked then he will have full charge of football operations and that obviously involves picking the coach. Woody said that when asked about picking players (that will be up to the new GM). Why should that not also apply to picking the Coach which is obviously the face of the franchise.

Our coach is the face of the circus. No class and in over his head just like our owner the ringleader of the circus.

Hence we are getting a new GM...so whats the problem?
    So the factor with the input in the draft that had the poorest results (Rex) stays?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I don't agree with you. Rex is a good HC. This franchise needs a strong personnel guy at GM. The problem this season wasn't coaching it was offensive personal, or the lack thereof.
    I seriously don't know how anyone can say that "Rex Ryan is a good HC."

No, he's not. He's a very good defensive coordinator. Let's get that straight.

Secondly, I agree with the OP. Woody Johnson is the problem with this team.

This team, as it stands right now, has no direction.

And that starts and ends with Woody Johnson. He truly does appear clueless.

And I don't care what anyone else thinks, I believe there are two reasons that we haven't hired a GM yet.

1) No clear direction from Woody Johnson as to what he wants (philosophy, QB, etc.). Why? Likely because he has no clue.
    2) The prerequisite that Rex Ryan remain as HC. Why? Likely because people are tired of listening to Rex Ryan say that he's going to change and then watch him do the opposite. Which goes back to my first statement. I don't think the people who are interviewing to be GM really think that Rex Ryan is a good HC.

Well obviously Rex should be gone or at least he should not have any input at all in process of fixing it. Rex's statement that he is starting over is absurd.

What Woody should have said is that he is looking for the best possible GM and when that man is picked then he will have full charge of football operations and that obviously involves picking the coach. Woody said that when asked about picking players (that will be up to the new GM). Why should that not also apply to picking the Coach which is obviously the face of the franchise.

Our coach is the face of the circus. No class and in over his head just like our owner the ringleader of the circus.

So the factor with the input in the draft that had the poorest results (Rex) stays?
    He would've picked the coach if Rex was fired...we are not the only franchise to do this..Cleveland did it when Holmgren went there....and the Bears did it this year....I also think your are underrating Rex's talent as a coach and buying in to how the media paints him and you don't like how they media is talking about the Jets.......think about it...where did all this circus talk come from? We are only a circus because we are losing. If we start winning? This circus talk will stop. Plain and simple I like that Woody sticks to what he believes in and doesn't by into the media pressure.......

It is well known that I'm not a big fan. I have constantly said he is in over his head and an incompetent in this job. I have taken a lot of grief over my vehement opposition to us joining a shared stadium with the Giants in NJ on this board. Yes, I believe that is Woody's original sin, but let's stay away from that here.

I don't see how anybody who heard Woody today can say that I was wrong in my assessment about him. The Jets are doomed as long as Woody stays the owner. How sad!
    It is well known that I'm not a big fan.... so allow me to continue listing reasons why I am not a big fan.

Usually when you begin with a disclaimer, you provide a response that is the contrary. You don't continue along with your point.

Jets Insider VIP

Exactly. What if the new GM feels that Rex Ryan isn't the right HC for the players and system he wants. If the GM's going to have the power to pick his players, then he has to be picking them based on their skill set in a certain type of system both offensively and defensively. Right? What if he feels that Rex Ryan isn't the HC he wants to implement his vision?

He would've picked the coach if Rex was fired...we are not the only franchise to do this..Cleveland did it when Holmgren went there....and the Bears did it this year....I also think your are underrating Rex's talent as a coach and buying in to how the media paints him and you don't like how they media is talking about the Jets.......think about it...where did all this circus talk come from? We are only a circus because we are losing. If we start winning? This circus talk will stop. Plain and simple I like that Woody sticks to what he believes in and doesn't by into the media pressure.......
    Of course winning masks a lot but we are a circus because of the way the team acts. Are you really saying that the Tebow situation was not a circus? Santonio Holmes getting thrown out of his huddle on the season determining drive (with the head coach not being aware it's happening) is not a circus?

Blaming this on the media is absurd. It's their job to sell papers and covering this stuff sells a lot of them. The Jets under Woody Johnson seem happy to oblige.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Of course winning masks a lot but we are a circus because of the way the team acts. Are you really saying that the Tebow situation was not a circus? Santonio Holmes getting thrown out of his huddle on the season determining drive (with the head coach not being aware it's happening) is not a circus?

Blaming this on the media is absurd. It's their job to sell papers and covering this stuff sells a lot of them. The Jets under Woody Johnson seem happy to oblige.
    Want to bet a DUI on the Jets gets handled different then the same charge on the Giants??

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I seriously don't know how anyone can say that "Rex Ryan is a good HC."

No, he's not. He's a very good defensive coordinator. Let's get that straight.

Secondly, I agree with the OP. Woody Johnson is the problem with this team.

This team, as it stands right now, has no direction.

And that starts and ends with Woody Johnson. He truly does appear clueless.

And I don't care what anyone else thinks, I believe there are two reasons that we haven't hired a GM yet.

1) No clear direction from Woody Johnson as to what he wants (philosophy, QB, etc.). Why? Likely because he has no clue.
    2) The prerequisite that Rex Ryan remain as HC. Why? Likely because people are tired of listening to Rex Ryan say that he's going to change and then watch him do the opposite. Which goes back to my first statement. I don't think the people who are interviewing to be GM really think that Rex Ryan is a good HC.
    Speculative, subjective nonsense.

How many Black Monday HC gigs around the league have been filled? I must have missed all those positions and people being hired. There are plenty of other teams conducting searches patiently and thoroughly, just as the New York Jets are.

Woody Johnson knows exactly what he wants. Just because it is not what you want, does not make him clueless. He owns a professional sports team, and you post on a message board. Who's more qualified to make decisions?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Tanny/Mangini era had higher first rd picks except for when they moved up for Sanchez.. Our first rd picks were at the end of the 1st rd in 2010 and 2011 and 16th last year..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Want to bet a DUI on the Jets gets handled different then the same charge on the Giants??
    It all depends how the team handles it. When John Abraham under Herman Edwards got a DUI he was suspended for a whole game. Was that a media circus?

When Braylon Edwards under Ryan got a DUI he was benched for a quarter - hence the media handled it differently.

How did the NY media handle the Strahan divorce saga? The Burress gun incident? They were all over it just like they are all over Jet stuff.

Do you really think the media covers up Giant stuff?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

How many Black Monday HC gigs around the league have been filled? I must have missed all those positions and people being hired. There are plenty of other teams conducting searches patiently and thoroughly, just as the New York Jets are.

Woody Johnson knows exactly what he wants. Just because it is not what you want, does not make him clueless. He owns a professional sports team, and you post on a message board. Who's more qualified to make decisions?
    Many here think Andy Reid is a good HC but the last 2 years he was 8-8 and 4-12.. And that was with a team the know-it-alls had super bowl bound just 2 years ago..

The Tanny/Mangini era had higher first rd picks except for when they moved up for Sanchez.. Our first rd picks were at the end of the 1st rd in 2010 and 2011 and 16th last year..
    What about Revis?

And the person responsible for those moves (Holmes and Tebow) has been fired...can you honestly say if those things happened and we were winning would we be called a circus???....and I am not blaming the media...I simply said...this:

We lose...we are a circus.....media pants Rex as a clown..fans buy into it rip team....rip coach... Suicidal threads....Fire everyone...negative publicity

We win we right the ship overhaul the offense....we beat NE....we are division champs....and one of the best teams in football.....Headlines: "Jets right ship under Rex" "Woody made the right call in keeping Rex" "Rex is back on top" Fans buy into it and JI becomes the new Narnia...

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'm very happy with woody right now. The guy has tremendous guts to stick with Rex and do what he thinks is right despite the fact he will be torn apart by the media and fans.
    I have a vacuum cleaner to sell you.

Jets Insider VIP

How ironic. So do you.

That's all YOUR opinion. I stated MY opinion. I disagree with you. You disagree with me. I expected you and others to do so. No surprsie here.

Many here think Andy Reid is a good HC but the last 2 years he was 8-8 and 4-12.. And that was with a team the know-it-alls had super bowl bound just 2 years ago..
    Who are the know-it-alls? ESPN? lol.

At what point will fans stop valuing the opinions of media personalities over the decisions by football personnel?

Look how quickly Andy Reid scooped up a new job with autonomy to bring in his own GM. He's a very good HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Who are the know-it-alls? ESPN? lol.

At what point will fans stop valuing the opinions of media personalities over the decisions by football personnel?

Look how quickly Andy Reid scooped up a new job with autonomy to bring in his own GM. He's a very good HC.
    I was talking about fans on this board not the media..