Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 123

Thread: QueensJetsFan's Gripes About Woody Johnson Pile-On Thread

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Disagree on the finance aspect but I would rather focus on the football part.

    Who will want to be the GM of this team? Yesterdays press conference set the organization back 3-4 years. We could have rebuilt next year and been a decent team in 2014. Now even if Rex is fired after a year it will still be tough to attract a good coach and GM to come here. They will think Woody is a lunatic.
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #102
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The only thing missing today.. was at the end... "Rex" (John Goodman) ripping off his wig and shouting "live from New York....its Saturday Night!"

    Les Nessman jumps up for wardrobe change...

    hilarity ensues!

    Good times


    More hilarity. Came a month late, would have made a fantastic Christmas card.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    It is well known that I'm not a big fan. I have constantly said he is in over his head and an incompetent in this job. I have taken a lot of grief over my vehement opposition to us joining a shared stadium with the Giants in NJ on this board. Yes, I believe that is Woody's original sin, but let's stay away from that here.

    I don't see how anybody who heard Woody today can say that I was wrong in my assessment about him. The Jets are doomed as long as Woody stays the owner. How sad!
    Spot on in everything mentioned.

  4. #104
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    I'm a Met fan saddled with the Wilpon's
    I'm an Islander fan saddled with Charles Wang
    I'm a Knicks fan saddled with Jim Dolan(ok, the Knicks Look decent so far but I'm talking history here)
    I'm a Jet fan saddled with Woody

    Does it get any worse than this?

  5. #105
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,761
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sorry, not going to hear from a poster who disappeared for the last two years and who re-materiizes at the precise moment the fans are at their lowest point to rub salt in the wound.

    SAR I
    Anyone who is depressed by yesterdays PC should seek counseling. Double that for anyone who brings into the mix two franchises doing nothing to improve besides bring up minor league players and hope they stick amely NYM and NYI.

    Noone sane need heed whiny SOJF "advice" but if any owner should sell its Fred Wilpon. Jeffy Wilpon is like Jimmy Dolan, only 100x worse, just wait until he controls the lot

    At least Wang has Brooklyn coming up in a few years as a shiny object to distract, the Mets are completely cheating their fans by tying up huge $ in their version of Chad Pennington aka David Wright and signing 0 free agents
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-09-2013 at 08:55 PM.

  6. #106
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I'm a Met fan saddled with the Wilpon's
    I'm an Islander fan saddled with Charles Wang
    I'm a Knicks fan saddled with Jim Dolan(ok, the Knicks Look decent so far but I'm talking history here)
    I'm a Jet fan saddled with Woody

    Does it get any worse than this?
    If you vomit at a game next season, don't project it more than 2 rows forward, please.

    SAR I

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    More hilarity. Came a month late, would have made a fantastic Christmas card.

    SAR I
    Classic

    Absolutely hysterical, pathetic, and true!

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Classic

    Absolutely hysterical, pathetic, and true!
    Absolutely great stuff! Finally a Jet fan has something to smile about. Does anyone know who that artist is? This should be at the top of the strip.

  9. #109
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Anyone who is depressed by yesterdays PC should seek counseling. Double that for anyone who brings into the mix two franchises doing nothing to improve besides bring up minor league players and hope they stick amely NYM and NYI.

    Noone sane need heed whiny SOJF "advice" but if any owner should sell its Fred Wilpon. Jeffy Wilpon is like Jimmy Dolan, only 100x worse, just wait until he controls the lot

    At least Wang has Brooklyn coming up in a few years as a shiny object to distract, the Mets are completely cheating their fans by tying up huge $ in their version of Chad Pennington aka David Wright and signing 0 free agents

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I'm a Met fan saddled with the Wilpon's
    I'm an Islander fan saddled with Charles Wang
    I'm a Knicks fan saddled with Jim Dolan(ok, the Knicks Look decent so far but I'm talking history here)
    I'm a Jet fan saddled with Woody

    Does it get any worse than this?
    I'm a Met fan saddled with no more Dickey!
    I'm a Devils fan "saddled" with Lou Lamoriello.....THANK GOD!
    I don't give a sh-t about basketball
    I'm a Jets fan saddled with Woody who has a Woody-Woodpecker for Rex.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I'm a Met fan saddled with the Wilpon's
    I'm an Islander fan saddled with Charles Wang
    I'm a Knicks fan saddled with Jim Dolan(ok, the Knicks Look decent so far but I'm talking history here)
    I'm a Jet fan saddled with Woody

    Does it get any worse than this?
    Well once the Mets were run by Frank Cashen (Doubleday/Wilpon left him alone)
    Once the Islanders were run by Bill Torrey with no interference from Pickett
    Once the 4 Jet partners bought out Sonny Werblin (who meddled and set a double standard for how his star qb was treated)and let Weeb Ewbank run the team.

    What happened to all those teams? They won championships.

  12. #112
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Classic

    Absolutely hysterical, pathetic, and true!
    We just finished such a brutally long season. And this is going to be such a long offseason. And then followed by an awful and long regular season. It never ends.

    When will Rex get the message that we want an offseason. We want him to shut up and disappear for consecutive months without talking to us, without humiliating us.

    SAR I

  13. #113
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Absolutely great stuff! Finally a Jet fan has something to smile about. Does anyone know who that artist is? This should be at the top of the strip.


    Front cover of the Daily News today.

    SAR I

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Front cover of the Daily News today.

    SAR I
    Awesome. Thanks. The loose dentures ad is perfect to have underneath the caricature. Rex looks like his teeth are held in by denture adhesive!

  15. #115
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Kyle Wilson played very well in absense. Early on he got burned deep, but really picked up his game the second half. A very good tackler too.So i disagree, respectfully,of course
    Everyone forgot how Crow played last year. He was the guy getting burned and getting beat on jump balls. Remember how Dez abused Crow. Crow look exactly like Wilson was looking. It wasn't until Crow got moved to #1 and he had that talk with Revis that he starting playing better.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    It is well known that I'm not a big fan. I have constantly said he is in over his head and an incompetent in this job. I have taken a lot of grief over my vehement opposition to us joining a shared stadium with the Giants in NJ on this board. Yes, I believe that is Woody's original sin, but let's stay away from that here.

    I don't see how anybody who heard Woody today can say that I was wrong in my assessment about him. The Jets are doomed as long as Woody stays the owner. How sad!
    Any gripe you have with Woody is 100% in your head. Any gripe you THINK comes back on him, you have no factual evidence to back it up. YYou, along with so many others, choose to ignore the words he speaks and make it sound like he's suddenly out to make the Jets lose and bow to the Patsies each and every year as part of some nefarious scheme.

    It's ridiculous.

    My advice is, if you really dislike the guy that much? It's time to root for another team, because he's not about to sell the team because Queens Jets fan dislikes him.

  17. #117
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Anyone who is depressed by yesterdays PC should seek counseling. Double that for anyone who brings into the mix two franchises doing nothing to improve besides bring up minor league players and hope they stick amely NYM and NYI.

    Noone sane need heed whiny SOJF "advice" but if any owner should sell its Fred Wilpon. Jeffy Wilpon is like Jimmy Dolan, only 100x worse, just wait until he controls the lot

    At least Wang has Brooklyn coming up in a few years as a shiny object to distract, the Mets are completely cheating their fans by tying up huge $ in their version of Chad Pennington aka David Wright and signing 0 free agents
    Thanks for the advice, Sunshine. Can I have the name of your therapist?

  18. #118
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,761
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Sunshine. Can I have the name of your therapist?
    Sunshine is my secret name for my peen, how did you know that?

    Dr. Zizmor won't like it when you dr. shop...

    Let me guess. Passive-aggressive/depressed over the wimpy Piazza not making the HOF?
    I sat 100 ft from that loser getting conked in the coconut at YS and when he
    didnt respond the Series was lost right then and there.....

    I'm a Mets fan and there's 1,000,000 more things to hate
    about the Wilponzis than the Jets. That's a team that will
    take a while to rebuild and is taking their sweet time going nowhere.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-10-2013 at 11:41 AM.

  19. #119
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,736
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    More hilarity. Came a month late, would have made a fantastic Christmas card.

    SAR I
    REX HAS A WOODY!!!!

  20. #120
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Sunshine is my secret name for my peen, how did you know that?

    Dr. Zizmor won't like it when you dr. shop...

    Let me guess. Passive-aggressive/depressed over the wimpy Piazza not making the HOF?
    I sat 100 ft from that loser getting conked in the coconut at YS and when he
    didnt respond the Series was lost right then and there.....

    I'm a Mets fan and there's 1,000,000 more things to hate
    about the Wilponzis than the Jets. That's a team that will
    take a while to rebuild and is taking their sweet time going nowhere.
    Nah, there's no more likely juicer than Piazza - don't really care that he didn't make it.

    But I like the Dr. Zizmor reference - ironically enough that post came from the derms office.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us