Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 123

Thread: QueensJetsFan's Gripes About Woody Johnson Pile-On Thread

  1. #81
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    even if we went 0-16 woody would sell the team for a large profit.
    Yup, he's the only one winning here.

  2. #82
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Ahhh. The cry of the kool aid drinkers. Go root for another team. Sorry ain't happening and if it did no way ever the Giants.

    Right - the real world view. It certainly seemed like today's event confirmed that my view is correct.
    i think the product (generally) since woody has been an owner has been better than in previous years. not as good as we all would like.

    you are an angry unhappy man when it comes to the Jets. and your biggest gripe isn't changing - woody is the owner for a long time. so, best to pick another team and be happy. life is too short.

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    i think the product (generally) since woody has been an owner has been better than in previous years. not as good as we all would like.

    you are an angry unhappy man when it comes to the Jets. and your biggest gripe isn't changing - woody is the owner for a long time. so, best to pick another team and be happy. life is too short.
    If the product has been better the despair has been worse. As a Jet fan I never felt as hopeless as I feel today over the direction of the franchise. I wish I could take your advice and just quit. Somehow I can't. Why? I wish I knew. Guess they are in my DNA.

  4. #84
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    i think the product (generally) since woody has been an owner has been better than in previous years. not as good as we all would like.

    you are an angry unhappy man when it comes to the Jets. and your biggest gripe isn't changing - woody is the owner for a long time. so, best to pick another team and be happy. life is too short.
    Up until today I supported Woody Johnson on both sides of the ball.

    Finances:

    - Bought team, kept it in place.
    - Attempted NYC stadium, spent millions against odds.
    - Built new stadium as partner, no longer renting.
    - Created a mechanism to get waitlist fans into great seats.
    - Jets Top 10 in value, no longer Bottom 10.
    - Built world-class practice facility.
    - Spent appropriately on training, tech, coaches, non-cap areas.

    Football:

    - Took Parcells advice and transitioned as best as possible.
    - Bradway a respected and experienced GM, Tannenbaum cap guy.
    - Fired Herman Edwards appropriately, got draft pick.
    - Fired Bradway but retained him for his scouting abilities.
    - Promoted Tannenbaum and created a group-acquisition system.
    - Fired Eric Mangini appropriately, team quit on him.
    - Hired a culture-changing Rex Ryan, team responded to him.

    But today is a no-go on the football side. Today was lunacy.

    SAR I

  5. #85
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Up until today I supported Woody Johnson on both sides of the ball.

    Finances:

    - Bought team, kept it in place.
    - Attempted NYC stadium, spent millions against odds.
    - Built new stadium as partner, no longer renting.
    - Created a mechanism to get waitlist fans into great seats.
    - Jets Top 10 in value, no longer Bottom 10.
    - Built world-class practice facility.
    - Spent appropriately on training, tech, coaches, non-cap areas.

    Football:

    - Took Parcells advice and transitioned as best as possible.
    - Bradway a respected and experienced GM, Tannenbaum cap guy.
    - Fired Herman Edwards appropriately, got draft pick.
    - Fired Bradway but retained him for his scouting abilities.
    - Promoted Tannenbaum and created a group-acquisition system.
    - Fired Eric Mangini appropriately, team quit on him.
    - Hired a culture-changing Rex Ryan, team responded to him.

    But today is a no-go on the football side. Today was lunacy.

    SAR I
    The only thing that today lacked was the over head projector highlighting why Rex is perfect for the New York Jets.

  6. #86
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,607
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    The only thing that today lacked was the over head projector highlighting why Rex is perfect for the New York Jets.
    The only thing missing today.. was at the end... "Rex" (John Goodman) ripping off his wig and shouting "live from New York....its Saturday Night!"

    Les Nessman jumps up for wardrobe change...

    hilarity ensues!

    Good times

  7. #87
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

    Les Nessman jumps up for wardrobe change...

    Good times
    Would prefer the image of a Loni Anderson wardrobe change.

  8. #88
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Would prefer the image of a Loni Anderson wardrobe change.
    So THAT'S who is on Rex's shoulder!

  9. #89
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Yup, he's the only one winning here.
    exactly.

  10. #90
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    If the product has been better the despair has been worse. As a Jet fan I never felt as hopeless as I feel today over the direction of the franchise. I wish I could take your advice and just quit. Somehow I can't. Why? I wish I knew. Guess they are in my DNA.
    your despair. your not a happy guy when it comes to the Jets. Have never seen a positive post. it's not productive for your health and you are young enough to get out.

    find another team but have the JETS as your second time. maybe try something in the NFC.

    what about the Falcons?

  11. #91
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Would prefer the image of a Loni Anderson wardrobe change.
    You realize she's in her late 60's now I assume??

  12. #92
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Do you not think the same buffoon who had input into drafting Vlad Ducasse and Kyle Wilson will have as much or more input into personnel decisions in the coming years?
    What about the guy that had input in the WIlkerson and Coples picks? Or do we just ignore the picks?

  13. #93
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Don't forget Sparano

    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I don't agree with you. Rex is a good HC. This franchise needs a strong personnel guy at GM. The problem this season wasn't coaching it was offensive personal, or the lack thereof.
    A rational fan.Didn't think there were any left. Your right on point, and with the vanilla play calling it made it worse.

  14. #94
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Kyle Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What about the guy that had input in the WIlkerson and Coples picks? Or do we just ignore the picks?
    Kyle Wilson played very well in absense. Early on he got burned deep, but really picked up his game the second half. A very good tackler too.So i disagree, respectfully,of course

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Everybody has a bad game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Was true till Stevie Johnson on the last game of the year. Wilson is awful.


    I'm sorry but I want my coach to be a fine judge of talent on both sides of the ball. He should have input. Obviously Rex's input was lacking.
    Do you remember Revis getting burned a few times by him, i do.

  16. #96
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    It is well known that I'm not a big fan. I have constantly said he is in over his head and an incompetent in this job. I have taken a lot of grief over my vehement opposition to us joining a shared stadium with the Giants in NJ on this board. Yes, I believe that is Woody's original sin, but let's stay away from that here.

    I don't see how anybody who heard Woody today can say that I was wrong in my assessment about him. The Jets are doomed as long as Woody stays the owner. How sad!
    You are not wrong; the team is in the hands of an owner that is clueless. Unfortunately we have some Jets fans that if they were told by "their owner" that the **** on the table was steak, they would ask for seconds.

  17. #97
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    It is well known that I'm not a big fan. I have constantly said he is in over his head and an incompetent in this job. I have taken a lot of grief over my vehement opposition to us joining a shared stadium with the Giants in NJ on this board. Yes, I believe that is Woody's original sin, but let's stay away from that here.

    I don't see how anybody who heard Woody today can say that I was wrong in my assessment about him. The Jets are doomed as long as Woody stays the owner. How sad!
    Totally on the money. ... That redic press conference sealed the deal for me. Rex and Woody are completely nuts.

    Woody needs to get out of football operations, stop running this s**t like J&J Inc and Jerry Jones, and hire a real football guy who knows how to successfully build and run a football team.

  18. #98
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You realize she's in her late 60's now I assume??
    I will take a 60 year old Loni over Les Nisim all the time! Hey Savage you and I are not youngsters. 60 ain't that bad is it?

  19. #99
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Do you remember Revis getting burned a few times by him, i do.
    Yes Stevie Johnson is an excellent receiver. I just pointed it out because it was said that the Jets didn't give up a 100 yd receiving game all year, but they did.

  20. #100
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Up until today I supported Woody Johnson on both sides of the ball.

    Finances:

    - Bought team, kept it in place.
    - Attempted NYC stadium, spent millions against odds.
    - Built new stadium as partner, no longer renting.
    - Created a mechanism to get waitlist fans into great seats.
    - Jets Top 10 in value, no longer Bottom 10.
    - Built world-class practice facility.
    - Spent appropriately on training, tech, coaches, non-cap areas.

    Football:

    - Took Parcells advice and transitioned as best as possible.
    - Bradway a respected and experienced GM, Tannenbaum cap guy.
    - Fired Herman Edwards appropriately, got draft pick.
    - Fired Bradway but retained him for his scouting abilities.
    - Promoted Tannenbaum and created a group-acquisition system.
    - Fired Eric Mangini appropriately, team quit on him.
    - Hired a culture-changing Rex Ryan, team responded to him.

    But today is a no-go on the football side. Today was lunacy.

    SAR I
    Disagree on the finance aspect but I would rather focus on the football part.

    Who will want to be the GM of this team? Yesterdays press conference set the organization back 3-4 years. We could have rebuilt next year and been a decent team in 2014. Now even if Rex is fired after a year it will still be tough to attract a good coach and GM to come here. They will think Woody is a lunatic.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us