Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: I'm confused by some people's reaction.

  1. #1

    I'm confused by some people's reaction.

    When Woody said Rex would have a say in the process of hiring a GM, that shouldn't have surprised anybody.

    I mean the GM is going to have to keep Rex for one more year. That fact alone is having a say in the process.

    And for those of you who don't believe that, there is this simple notion.

    We don't know how much input he will have.

    And don't compare Rex to Isaiah. Rex has had much more success with the Jets than Isaiah did with the Knicks.

    People here have to use their logic and brains.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    When Woody said Rex would have a say in the process of hiring a GM, that shouldn't have surprised anybody.

    I mean the GM is going to have to keep Rex for one more year. That fact alone is having a say in the process.

    And for those of you who don't believe that, there is this simple notion.

    We don't know how much input he will have.

    And don't compare Rex to Isaiah. Rex has had much more success with the Jets than Isaiah did with the Knicks.

    People here have to use their logic and brains.
    I agree with this. I've been saying, we must look at the actions not the words.

    When Woody began the interview process Rex was on vacation. How much say do you think he could honestly have?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I agree with this. I've been saying, we must look at the actions not the words.

    When Woody began the interview process Rex was on vacation. How much say do you think he could honestly have?
    And that's another point people are forgetting.

  4. #4
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    169
    All of this is true but the issue is before this now. If it is true that Rex and Tannenbaum made all football decisions together, both shouldve stayed or both should've been fired. The fact that Rex is going to be in the room making more decisions is just the jets saying we're going to try this same thing that hasnt worked the last 4 years.

  5. #5
    The majority of posters here check their logic & brains at the door when they log on to JI.

    Impulsive, forced outrage >>>> logic & brains.

  6. #6

    Rex and Tanny

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    All of this is true but the issue is before this now. If it is true that Rex and Tannenbaum made all football decisions together, both shouldve stayed or both should've been fired. The fact that Rex is going to be in the room making more decisions is just the jets saying we're going to try this same thing that hasnt worked the last 4 years.
    It was not Rex's decision to hire Sparano. It was not rex's decision to draft a project wide receiver,it was not Rex's idea to let Edwards sign somwhere else. It was not Rex's decision to extend Sanchez's contract, its not his area. It was not Rex's decision to trade for Holmes and hamstring the Jets with guaranteed money

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,480
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    It was not Rex's decision to hire Sparano. It was not rex's decision to draft a project wide receiver,it was not Rex's idea to let Edwards sign somwhere else. It was not Rex's decision to extend Sanchez's contract, its not his area. It was not Rex's decision to trade for Holmes and hamstring the Jets with guaranteed money
    That was 100% Rex's decision.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    It was not Rex's decision to hire Sparano. It was not rex's decision to draft a project wide receiver,it was not Rex's idea to let Edwards sign somwhere else. It was not Rex's decision to extend Sanchez's contract, its not his area. It was not Rex's decision to trade for Holmes and hamstring the Jets with guaranteed money
    HI Geno, i respectfully disagree it regards to Sparano. Rex was given "carte blanche" in picking him for when it come to football decisions, Tanny is/was a big zero.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,371
    Rex Ryan is basically running our franchise. When you have say in who you hire that means you have power over him. It's the way it is.

    We already know that Rex has made a lot of decissions on players and coaches. And he has failed in many of these.

    Rex just failed miseralbly in picking Sparano. Now Rex is going to get to have say in our GM and next OC?

    What we learned today is that Rex has more say and power over our next GM and is basically running our team.

    Not good!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 01-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Rex Ryan is basically running our franchise. When you have say in who you hire that means you have power over him. It's the way it is.

    We already know that Rex has made a lot of decissions on players and coaches. And he has failed in many of these.

    Rex just failed miserabley in picking Sparano. Now Rex is going to get to have say in our GM and next OC?

    What we learned today is that Rex has more say over our next GM and is basically running our team.

    Not good!
    100% agree with everything you just said. Bravo.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Rex Ryan is basically running our franchise. When you have say in who you hire that means you have power over him. It's the way it is.

    We already know that Rex has made a lot of decissions on players and coaches. And he has failed in many of these.

    Rex just failed miserabley in picking Sparano. Now Rex is going to get to have say in our GM and next OC?

    What we learned today is that Rex has more say over our next GM and is basically running our team.

    Not good!
    It has been said that Tanny wanted Sparano because of Parcells...How will Rex have input if Rex was on vaca for the interviews?!?!

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,371
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    It has been said that Tanny wanted Sparano because of Parcells...How will Rex have input if Rex was on vaca for the interviews?!?!
    Did you listen to todays presser? Woody said Rex will have say in what GM is hired?

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,433
    i am tired so i dont feel like typing everything i want to say and the facts and opinions i have to back them up....but to summarize.

    1) tanny was a must go.... happy bout that.

    2) iam losing faith in rex but ultimatley like him staying.

    3) cohen CAN NOT BE HIRED AS GM!!!! IT MUST BE CALDWELL OR GAMBLE....IT MUST!!

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,480
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    It has been said that Tanny wanted Sparano because of Parcells...How will Rex have input if Rex was on vaca for the interviews?!?!
    Have they hired a GM yet?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Have they hired a GM yet?
    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
    Rex on his role in GM search: "My involvement will be late in the process....it's not there yet." #nyj #jets

  16. #16

    I disagree

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    HI Geno, i respectfully disagree it regards to Sparano. Rex was given "carte blanche" in picking him for when it come to football decisions, Tanny is/was a big zero.
    Sparano was a Parcells disciple, Tanny got the GM job because of Parcells.Ryan after Sparano was hired sais he really to be honest didn't like the guy, but he's on our side now, so we'll ground and pound

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,480
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Sparano was a Parcells disciple, Tanny got the GM job because of Parcells.Ryan after Sparano was hired sais he really to be honest didn't like the guy, but he's on our side now, so we'll ground and pound
    Really?? Show us those quotes...LOL The quote I remember Rex saying was that Sparano was a mirror image of himself.

  18. #18

    and also

    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    HI Geno, i respectfully disagree it regards to Sparano. Rex was given "carte blanche" in picking him for when it come to football decisions, Tanny is/was a big zero.
    It was reported that after the season, he first thing out of Rex's mouth was getting another OC.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Sparano was a Parcells disciple, Tanny got the GM job because of Parcells.Ryan after Sparano was hired sais he really to be honest didn't like the guy, but he's on our side now, so we'll ground and pound
    HAHAHAHAHA...Kool-aid drinking much?

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    When Woody said Rex would have a say in the process of hiring a GM, that shouldn't have surprised anybody.

    I mean the GM is going to have to keep Rex for one more year. That fact alone is having a say in the process.

    And for those of you who don't believe that, there is this simple notion.

    We don't know how much input he will have.

    And don't compare Rex to Isaiah. Rex has had much more success with the Jets than Isaiah did with the Knicks.

    People here have to use their logic and brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I agree with this. I've been saying, we must look at the actions not the words.

    When Woody began the interview process Rex was on vacation. How much say do you think he could honestly have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    The majority of posters here check their logic & brains at the door when they log on to JI.

    Impulsive, forced outrage >>>> logic & brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    It was not Rex's decision to hire Sparano. It was not rex's decision to draft a project wide receiver,it was not Rex's idea to let Edwards sign somwhere else. It was not Rex's decision to extend Sanchez's contract, its not his area. It was not Rex's decision to trade for Holmes and hamstring the Jets with guaranteed money

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us