Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm confused by some people's reaction.

Nothing was said at all that made me made. Rex never had any say in his staff day one and we all know that. I don't care if he brought in one guy last year. When he came here he was given someone elses staff and told make it work. It didn't not shocking. I find it funny he is saying I am going to treat this like day one. Well for him it really is because for the 1st time he gets to build his staff the ground up like it should have been done 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    The majority of posters here check their logic & brains at the door when they log on to JI.

Impulsive, forced outrage >>>> logic & brains.
    I'm 18 years old and I want results now

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Nothing was said at all that made me made. Rex never had any say in his staff day one and we all know that. I don't care if he brought in one guy last year. When he came here he was given someone elses staff and told make it work. It didn't not shocking. I find it funny he is saying I am going to treat this like day one. Well for him it really is because for the 1st time he gets to build his staff the ground up like it should have been done 4 years ago.
    And then when he's fired next year after a losing season, our new HC will be stuck with an entire new staff on new contracts, non of which will be his guys.

The cycle continues year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    When Woody said Rex would have a say in the process of hiring a GM, that shouldn't have surprised anybody.

I mean the GM is going to have to keep Rex for one more year. That fact alone is having a say in the process.

And for those of you who don't believe that, there is this simple notion.

We don't know how much input he will have.

And don't compare Rex to Isaiah. Rex has had much more success with the Jets than Isaiah did with the Knicks.

People here have to use their logic and brains.
    Rex should be fired this is why this franchise will never win a SB. The GM runs the team not the coach when Rex wins something other then the preseason bowl game against the Giants then he can decide who the GM should be.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    And then when he's fired next year after a losing season, our new HC will be stuck with an entire new staff on new contracts, non of which will be his guys.

The cycle continues year after year.
    True. So does that give Woody the excuse to extend Rex? Might as well. If we are dumb enough to accept this farce of a GM search, we're dumb enough to buy that load of crap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I'm 18 years old and I want results now

Child please.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmmm WRONG!!!

Some of us were saying the seeds for the currrent implosion was occuring three seasons ago!!!

You are kiddding with this post right
    WRONG on what , please share. Was it Rex's mouth, if he was tight lipped like Mangini would it have made a hill of beans. Sure the Jets have regressed the past two years but the only implosion I have witnessed is the implosion of delusional Jet fans who believed these teams had enough talent to win the SB. Oh wait Rex said we were going to win, I guess that guarantees it, show me a coach who doesn't tell his team that. So Rex openly stated it to the media - OMG I'm sure every opponent was so pissed by those statements they played extra hard to make the Jets look bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex is helluva coach.

He'll be here for a decade.

The team needs it.

Changing coaches as much as your panties does NOT win anything.

How do I know?

Because that's what this team has been doing for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post

Bottom line is most Jets fans are too impatient , they've argubably had the best 10 years in Jets history but the win now or else mentality runs rampant here. Its hard to build teams in todays salary cap era , it takes a lot of luck and a lot of patience from ownership. Changing head coaches every two years is not the way to win championships. A lot of people want Rex fired , who would be his replacement and how many games before he'd be on the hotseat with our fans.
    SOJF. Hey if it makes you happy to hold onto a coach who only assumes responsibility for half of the game of football (unfortunately the less important half) then more power to you.

I'd give up every win from the past 10 years to NOT HAVE EFFING VINNIE'S ACHILLES POP IN GAME 1 OF THE 1998 SEASON.

I'd give up the 2010 season for the head coaches to have an actual veteran backup capable of playing in the NFL on the 2009 time and have Sanchez sitting behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    SOJF. Hey if it makes you happy to hold onto a coach who only assumes responsibility for half of the game of football (unfortunately the less important half) then more power to you.

I'd give up every win from the past 10 years to NOT HAVE EFFING VINNIE'S ACHILLES POP IN GAME 1 OF THE 1998 SEASON.

I'd give up the 2010 season for the head coaches to have an actual veteran backup capable of playing in the NFL on the 2009 time and have Sanchez sitting behind them.
    I've stated elsewhere in threads that I would only like Rex back with the stipulation that he give's control of the offense to his new OC. It sounds like he's trying to move away form the assinine ground and pound and perhaps we may see an offense that finally attempts to take advantage of today's NFL rules. Will they do it ?? Can they do it with the current team ?? that remains to be seen.

I felt if Rex wouldn't change then a complete scrap and rebuild was necessary , if he allows an OC to have control and get creative then the Jets have a better shot much quicker than starting from ground zero. Scrapping and rebuilding every 2-3 years gets you nothing in today's salary cap era.

Speaking of wishes. I wish the Jets would have provided Ken O'Brien with some pass protection , those teams had some mad offensive skills its a shame as O'Brien may have really made those Marino comparisons a little more debateable.

Bottom line we all want the samething, its just some of us are obviously more patient then others.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I've stated elsewhere in threads that I would only like Rex back with the stipulation that he give's control of the offense to his new OC. It sounds like he's trying to move away form the assinine ground and pound and perhaps we may see an offense that finally attempts to take advantage of today's NFL rules. Will they do it ?? Can they do it with the current team ?? that remains to be seen.

I felt if Rex wouldn't change then a complete scrap and rebuild was necessary , if he allows an OC to have control and get creative then the Jets have a better shot much quicker than starting from ground zero. Scrapping and rebuilding every 2-3 years gets you nothing in today's salary cap era.

Speaking of wishes. I wish the Jets would have provided Ken O'Brien with some pass protection , those teams had some mad offensive skills its a shame as O'Brien may have really made those Marino comparisons a little more debateable.

Bottom line we all want the samething, its just some of us are obviously more patient then others.
    My patience went out when I paid for 4 PSL's.