Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Everyone needs to relax. Santonio Holmes is coming back!
    and his 1200 receiving yards

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    No, b/c these are all just rumors. And like I said earlier none of us know anything about how these candidates will ultimately be as GM's. You could have the dumbest football man ever be your GM but if you hit on a QB, even accidentally like the Pats did, you and your coach look like f*cking geniuses. I think it's too soon to sit here and criticize the Jets about something that hasn't happened yet. Thus the whining.
    Again, speculating about a potential hire is not whining. So by your logic, nothing should be discussed until it ACTUALLY happens. Got it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Obvious?

SAR I
    It depends on the relationship between Tanny and Cohen. Again for all we know, Cohen could have been opposed to Tanny's ideas.

In addition, we don't even know if Cohen wants the job. He might want to bail too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Today's press confrence.
    So once again the question:

Buffoon or Puppet Master?

Can't have both.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

Can't have both.
    Here's one big vote for BUFFOON

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't have both.
    Buffoon who has the blessing of the owner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Buffoon who has the blessing of the owner.
    So if he is not a puppet master, then he won't have much influence on Cohen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if he is not a puppet master, then he won't have much influence on Cohen.
    What part of blessing of the owner did you miss?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What part of blessing of the owner did you miss?
    They said at the press conference that the GM would be in charge of players and Rex would be in charge of coaches.

If Rex is not a puppet master, he will not act like a puppet master and not go above the GMs head to Woody.

Rex is not going to have any control of players selected because he is not a puppet master. He is not going to exert influence on Cohen, whether from woody or not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then why does everybody believe Rex is a puppet master? This is what's bothering me. Everybody called him a buffoon. Now everybody's calling him a puppet master. You can't be both.
    The problem is the owner is a buffoon too, the difference is he is a filthy rich one!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So my only question is.....Why would Woody Johnson pay an agency $200,000 to find the right guy to lead the organization like they did for the Seattle Seahawks.
    I guess anything the Jets do just does not make sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They said at the press conference that the GM would be in charge of players and Rex would be in charge of coaches.

If Rex is not a puppet master, he will not act like a puppet master and not go above the GMs head to Woody.

Rex is not going to have any control of players selected because he is not a puppet master. He is not going to exert influence on Cohen, whether from woody or not.
    So now the Jets are telling the truth at their press conferences?? Have we not learned to ignore 99% of what comes out of Florham Park?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched the press conference...Rex said he would lean on the GM for INPUT which tells me that our GM is a glorified consultant.

I'm pretty sure that's why Gamble's interview wasn't impressive. He told Woody the truth rather than join in the idiotic group think going on.

Get ready for a DT in round one and Mike Vick starting QB. FML.

If its Cohen, I can take a break from this team for a year or two, if it's Vick, I'm done. Today was the worst day for a Jet fan since Jan. 5, 1995.

For those glass half full guys, I can't understand how you can be so naive.

Woody is a f'n moron.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    So my only question is.....Why would Woody Johnson pay an agency $200,000 to find the right guy to lead the organization like they did for the Seattle Seahawks.
    Interesting since your post doesn't make much sense either.could it be that the firm has Cohen high on their list for the jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now the Jets are telling the truth at their press conferences?? Have we not learned to ignore 99% of what comes out of Florham Park?
    I hear ya...I'm holding out hope that if it's an outside hire we have a chance the GM will be in charge of selecting players...If it's Cohen, I'm not

There are still some strong candidates out there...Ross for one...And from what I read on him he doesn't sound like he'll let anyone override him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So why then are we accepting that Rex is not a lame duck coach? Why are we accepting that Rex is involved with the GM search?

See it works both ways and we come back to the questiom of buffoonery versus machinations.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    You're right. Nothing we do makes sense.

Woody probably understood that hiring Cohen would not go over well with the fan base so he hires this firm which tells him that the top candidates are Gamble, Caldwell, and Ross.

He interviews all of the, then hires Cohen stating he was the best qualified.

And because of the whole process, a portion of the fan base will buy it. Woody obviously thinks his fan base is a dumb as his circus ringleader.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You're right. Nothing we do makes sense.

Woody probably understood that hiring Cohen would not go over well with the fan base so he hires this firm which tells him that the top candidates are Gamble, Caldwell, and Ross.

He interviews all of the, then hires Cohen stating he was the best qualified.

And because of the whole process, a portion of the fan base will buy it. Woody obviously thinks his fan base is a dumb as his circus ringleader.
    That still doesn't make sense. Woody could have just brought in candidates randomly to interview himself. He didn't have to hire the firm.

And besides, since you see it, it didn't work did it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I hear ya...I'm holding out hope that if it's an outside hire we have a chance the GM will be in charge of selecting players...If it's Cohen, I'm not

There are still some strong candidates out there...Ross for one...And from what I read on him he doesn't sound like he'll let anyone override him
    Should be interesting to see who the Jets bring in for a second interview. Since the GM positions are starting to fill, I would expect a decision by the end of the week. I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear exactly what Woody is telling these candidates.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should be interesting to see who the Jets bring in for a second interview. Since the GM positions are starting to fill, I would expect a decision by the end of the week. I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear exactly what Woody is telling these candidates.
    It would be like a Seinfeld episode, an interview about Nothing except of course, "this is being run by Rex, you OK with it? Sign here"