Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Should be interesting to see who the Jets bring in for a second interview. Since the GM positions are starting to fill, I would expect a decision by the end of the week. I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear exactly what Woody is telling these candidates.
    You still haven't answered my question about lying at the press conference.

All League
    Did anyone consider the possibility that maybe...

just maybe...

Woody will hire the guy they feel is the best candidate. And if we are really lucky, maybe...

just maybe...

he will make the right choice?

It is a possibility you know... however remote. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It would be like a Seinfeld episode, an interview about Nothing except of course, "this is being run by Rex, you OK with it? Sign here"
    can you make assinine moves that will get headlines in the papers even when we suck?

yes

your hired

it's really interesting how fans project their opinions of what happens behind the scenes as fact. none of us know what is going on over there... why pretend like you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Did anyone consider the possibility that maybe...

just maybe...

Woody will hire the guy they feel is the best candidate. And if we are really lucky, maybe...

just maybe...

he will make the right choice?

It is a possibility you know... however remote. Just saying.
    There is also the slight chance that Scott Cohen may be a really good candidate.

There is absolutely no way the consultant can recommend Cohen! I'm not buying into this one bit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Just watched the press conference...Rex said he would lean on the GM for INPUT which tells me that our GM is a glorified consultant.

I'm pretty sure that's why Gamble's interview wasn't impressive. He told Woody the truth rather than join in the idiotic group think going on.

Get ready for a DT in round one and Mike Vick starting QB. FML.

If its Cohen, I can take a break from this team for a year or two, if it's Vick, I'm done. Today was the worst day for a Jet fan since Jan. 5, 1995.

For those glass half full guys, I can't understand how you can be so naive.

Woody is a f'n moron.
    Thankyou...

A year from now when you are proven right people out here will say no one knew that this was going to happen and you should stop telling folks you told them so.....

Just watched the press conference...Rex said he would lean on the GM for INPUT which tells me that our GM is a glorified consultant.

I'm pretty sure that's why Gamble's interview wasn't impressive. He told Woody the truth rather than join in the idiotic group think going on.

If its Cohen, I can take a break from this team for a year or two, if it's Vick, I'm done. Today was the worst day for a Jet fan since Jan. 5, 1995.

Woody is a f'n moron.
    Excellent post.

Not sure they can afford Vick but knowing our owner he will try to get him. Vick fits his profile; big name QB who will generate a lot of attention. He will sell jerseys and make the jets the offseason champs again

Woody is a f'n moron.
    I'm pretty sure you have no idea what your talking about.

How about instead of the interviewer being the one who screwed the pooch, perhaps it was the interviewee?

A lot of you sound like people who have been turned down on many job interviews. It's never the candidates fault, it's a conspiracy by the people doing the hiring!

All League
    You are all making judgements based on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    There is also the slight chance that Scott Cohen may be a really good candidate.
    the problem with the jets, is that they haven't drafted a real good qb in decades. so any internal candidate has to essentially answer to that. if cohen takes over and drafts a good qb, he'll have the credibility we all crave. tanny tried, i give him a lot of credit. he signed farve, traded up for sanchez, drafted clemens. he tried, but failed. the next gm needs to try as hard, but get luckier.

Here's another thing.

If Cohen is the prime candidate, why haven't they hired him yet? It's been 3 hours since they heard from Caldwell. That hire came into focus quickly.

Why haven't they hired him yet?

Here's another thing.

If Cohen is the prime candidate, why haven't they hired him yet? It's been 3 hours since they heard from Caldwell. That hire came into focus quickly.

haven't you ever heard of a 'safety school'?

Here's another thing.

they are waiting for all the other GMs to have jobs so they can use that as an excuse when they hire cohen

All Pro
    What happened to Gamble. Did i miss where he signed with someone else also. The Jets are a Joke, but not a funny Joke because not everyone is laughing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the problem with the jets, is that they haven't drafted a real good qb in decades.
    Ever.

Not decades.

Ever.

Our best is the worst Hall of Fame QB's in the joint, Namath, whos in there more for Bravado and Winning one game than his actual career.

The rest? O'Brien, Pennington are the best of a sad lot. A few with potential, mostly missed potential.

Sanchez, he ranks as one of the worst. Worse even than Browning Nagle, at least he has the courtesy to suck fast (and didn't have so many defenders amongst the fans).

The Jets woes can be traced to a franchise-long problem aquiring and holding a great QB.

No Jet Fan knows what it feels like to have a Drew Brees, much less a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Dan Marino or Steve Young or, etc, etc, etc..

haven't you ever heard of a 'safety school'?
    Yes and they have no more interviews scheduled. If you were going to hire him this would be the time. It looks San Diego is not going with Gamble, so you can get him if you want.

Hall Of Fame
    the problem with the jets, is that they haven't drafted a real good qb in decades. so any internal candidate has to essentially answer to that. if cohen takes over and drafts a good qb, he'll have the credibility we all crave. tanny tried, i give him a lot of credit. he signed farve, traded up for sanchez, drafted clemens. he tried, but failed. the next gm needs to try as hard, but get luckier.
    Think of how different things would look right now IF Sanchez turned out to be QB he was supposed to be. You are right, there is a lot of luck involved with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Ever.

Not decades.

Ever.

Our best is the worst Hall of Fame QB's in the joint, Namath, whos in there more for Bravado and Winning one game than his actual career.

The rest? O'Brien, Pennington are the best of a sad lot. A few with potential, mostly missed potential.

Sanchez, he ranks as one of the worst. Worse even than Browning Nagle, at least he has the courtesy to suck fast (and didn't have so many defenders amongst the fans).

The Jets woes can be traced to a franchise-long problem aquiring and holding a great QB.

No Jet Fan knows what it feels like to have a Drew Brees, much less a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Dan Marino or Steve Young or, etc, etc, etc..
    tanny tried, from farve to clemens to sanchez to ainge. i give him credit for trying. he didn't ignore the position. but they need a gm who can identify a qb and go and get him. i think teams should draft 1 qb every year in any round and that would increase the chance you find someone.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    So my only question is.....Why would Woody Johnson pay an agency $200,000 to find the right guy to lead the organization like they did for the Seattle Seahawks.
    I guess anything the Jets do just does not make sense.
    The answer is simple . So Woody could say he did everything he could to get the best GM to the JETS, even though he knew they would never come if they were told they had to take Rex. Now Woody doesn' have to pay big bucks for a big GM name. Now woody can go with a cheap GM instead of doing right by the former jet fans!