Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 546

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,823
    So if Gamble didn't 'impress' in his interview why did he cancel on the Jags? This is falling apart.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,126
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It's not the candidates, it's the Jets.

    The sooner we all accept that the better. The "there is only 32 of these jobs" argument is nice but not when the one in question is for a completely dysfunctional franchise.

    Today's presser did not help our cause either.
    "B-b-but what did you expect?! The presser went as expected, it's everything we could've wanted. Stop being a doom-and-gloomer, a SOJF!!!!11111"

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But why would spend money and time on that? That doesn't make logical sense.
    It's a PR move. They lost Millions of dollars in firing coaches, what's another $200,000 in an exec. recruiting firm?

    I can't believe this will actually happen, but if it does there's no other explanation I can come up with.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But why would spend money and time on that? That doesn't make logical sense.
    $200k is nothing for Woody. It is a write-off for Jets.

    That is like one of us spending $20.

  5. #25
    though, leaking that an internal candidate is gaining momentum could be a leverage ploy. whether it works, who knows.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,073
    LOL....everyone knows Rex is the GM anyway. Cohen will just play the Tanny role, and everything stays the same.

  7. #27
    There are just too many different pieces here that don't fit.

    Woody hiring the firm,Gamble canceling the Jax interview, Caldwell coming in for a second interview.

    It doesn't fit.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    $200k is nothing for Woody. It is a write-off for Jets.

    That is like one of us spending $20.
    i will pay JI $20 bucks to not have cohen as the new gm. who's in?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,162
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Cohen I don't have a big problem with but I will absolutely cry if Cam Cameron is the offensive coordinator.

    Don't get why people have a big problem with Cohen. Can never know which things he was on board with and which things he wasn't.


    Also doesn't make a ton of sense with some people here who seem to think that Caldwell and Gamble are guarantees. We don't have an idea of how much they were involved with either. Every big decision is made by the GM himself. Or coach if you are talking about teams like New England.
    Cohen could be great, but he'll never be supported here. He's viewed as a Tannenbaum protege and was part of the last regime. The fans and the media want change, and Cohen is just too close to everything to provide that.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Why would these guys want to put the Jets on their resume. They will be working with one hand tied behind their back b.c of Rex. And if things don't work and they get fired, they might never get another shot. It is better for most of these candidates to wait for a better opportunity.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    $200k is nothing for Woody. It is a write-off for Jets.

    That is like one of us spending $20.
    But it's not just the money, its the time spent.

    Why not hire him right off the bat, if you want him?

    Why have him wait to interview?

    IT DOESN'T FIT

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,237
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Cohen could be great, but he'll never be supported here. He's viewed as a Tannenbaum protege and was part of the last regime. The fans and the media want change, and Cohen is just too close to everything to provide that.
    +1 only the Giants are dumb enough to hire in house GM's..

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....everyone knows Rex is the GM anyway. Cohen will just play the Tanny role, and everything stays the same.
    I honestly thought this was a Joke. There was no doubt in my mind Rex is going to lose power (and I still believe that to be the case)

    But if Cohen is the hire then there's no other conclusion to come to other than Rex is gaining additional decision making power which would be mind boggling...

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Funny thing is that after last year's draft I got killed here for saying that Rex is running the franchise. Today was proof. He has been running it since the day he was hired.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But it's not just the money, its the time spent.

    Why not hire him right off the bat, if you want him?

    Why have him wait to interview?

    IT DOESN'T FIT
    Because he could be the fall back option. Cohen probably isnt the Jets first choice, but is their safety net if the top guys fall through.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But it's not just the money, its the time spent.

    Why not hire him right off the bat, if you want him?

    Why have him wait to interview?

    IT DOESN'T FIT
    I agree that it doesn't fit. However, isn't there SOMETHING inside you that's just screaming "JEST! JEST! JEST!"? This just sounds way too much like a dumb move we would do.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    +1 only the Giants are dumb enough to hire in house GM's..
    The giants are a well run, classy organization. Hiring from within under those circumstances makes sense.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,305
    oh **** this ****ing ****

    Please do not hire Rex cronies from within the origanization.

    What's next, giving Dick Sutton the OC job?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    oh **** this ****ing ****

    Please do not hire Rex cronies from within the origanization.

    What's next, giving Dick Sutton the OC job?
    You realize you just spoke it into reality, right?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I agree that it doesn't fit. However, isn't there SOMETHING inside you that's just screaming "JEST! JEST! JEST!"? This just sounds way too much like a dumb move we would do.
    A little bit, but it's still ridiculous to waste so much time on other candidates when you could have just hired the other guy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us