Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say Hello to Cohen/Cameron/ and Vick.

This organization sucks. Hope we go 0-16 next year. How f$&@ing stupid can Woody be. There is a reason that every other organization laughs at us. There is a reason that the NY media piles on us. Hell, the announcers of the Texas A & M/OK game were even getting a chuckle at the Jets expense.

Wow, am not surprised at all yet I am still f'n pissed.

At least I didn't "invest" in a PSL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So if Gamble didn't 'impress' in his interview why did he cancel on the Jags? This is falling apart.
    Very good point. Also the Jets are hiring their coaches....Dennis Thurman is now the DC and Rex wants either Cameron or Turner as the OC....Rex is def the puppet master here and Woody is the buffoon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But it's not just the money, its the time spent.

Why not hire him right off the bat, if you want him?

Why have him wait to interview?

IT DOESN'T FIT
    Large companies spend millions of dollars and thousands of man hours on PR every year. PR is legitimate business expense in time and money.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little bit, but it's still ridiculous to waste so much time on other candidates when you could have just hired the other guy.
    You act like the Jets would be choosing him over the other candidates, maybe they would be choosing him because the other candidates passed on the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheaper to keep em.. Lol such a joke!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I agree that it doesn't fit. However, isn't there SOMETHING inside you that's just screaming "JEST! JEST! JEST!"? This just sounds way too much like a dumb move we would do.
    This is where I am right now. I still doubt Cohen's the guy - but knowing this team it's very possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little bit, but it's still ridiculous to waste so much time on other candidates when you could have just hired the other guy.
    PR move. They weren't wasting any time if he was already the unofficial GM. It would make sense, honestly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You act like the Jets would be choosing him over the other candidates, maybe they would be choosing him because the other candidates passed on the Jets.
    Now that I would understand and appreciate. But nobody's going to buy it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I'm trying to be a voice of optimism right now, but if Woody turns around and hire Cohen & brings in Cam Cameron, I will apologize to all of you doom and gloomers on this board.
    Have to agree.

An "internal" candidate is not what I'd expect or support at this point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    question: what is scott's background, and how many drafts has he been with the jets for?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though LaCanfora is a lot more respectable then manish or cimini, do you know how hard it would be to get a legitimate source for something like this.

The search firm is not going to leak anything, their entire business is riding on it and there are probably 1-2 people in their entire firm that know what is going on.

Woody and Rex arent leaking it.

Neil Glat is probably involved in the process and he isnt leaking it.

So where in the hell would LEGITIMATE information come from?

All these GM candidates have agents leaking things to stir up interest. Do you think Scott Cohens agent wants him to get strung along for 2 more days, while Ariz and Cleveland hire their guys and then he gets dropped by the jets?

There is no way to substantiate what these guys are saying

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Say Hello to Cohen/Cameron/ and Vick.

This organization sucks. Hope we go 0-16 next year. How f$&@ing stupid can Woody be. There is a reason that every other organization laughs at us. There is a reason that the NY media piles on us. Hell, the announcers of the Texas A & M/OK game were even getting a chuckle at the Jets expense.

Wow, am not surprised at all yet I am still f'n pissed.

At least I didn't "invest" in a PSL.
    Please stop posting.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That's non-sense. They could do what it takes to get the proper hire. Pay more if you must.

If Cohen's the guy, then Cohen was always the guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I would understand and appreciate. But nobody's going to buy it.
    Its not unrealistic to think the other GM candidates would pass on the Jets job given the circumstances.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Funny thing is that after last year's draft I got killed here for saying that Rex is running the franchise. Today was proof. He has been running it since the day he was hired.
    Word is Woody wanted Tebow to sell PSLs. Tanny wanted Sparano.

How was Rex running the show when he had was forced to work with these guys. It is not knowable at this point what's really going on until someone writes a book about it after they retire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    PR move. They weren't wasting any time if he was already the unofficial GM. It would make sense, honestly.
    What does it matter? There's going to be the same backlash if you hire the guy immediately as if you hire the guy late.

That PR move makes no sense because the guy is still getting hired. You see the reaction around here? It wouldn't have changed if Woody hired right off the bat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Very good point. Also the Jets are hiring their coaches....Dennis Thurman is now the DC and Rex wants either Cameron or Turner as the OC....Rex is def the puppet master here and Woody is the buffoon.
    Woody said the HC hires his coaches, no great shock that he's doing so. No advantage in waiting and limiting your candidate pool.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And also to be fair, only LaCanfora is saying this. None of the others are.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    can we stop overreacting to tweets like they are set in stone permanent-decisions?

A few days ago Gamble was our GM according to twitter. Now? not so much.

All this means is Cohen was probably seen walking out of an office after being interviewed. Nothing more.

Continue on with your, bahhhh OMG only the JETZ.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why would these guys want to put the Jets on their resume. They will be working with one hand tied behind their back b.c of Rex. And if things don't work and they get fired, they might never get another shot. It is better for most of these candidates to wait for a better opportunity.
    this is basically what I said in the press conference thread. Why put you're professional reputation on the line with a dysfunctional organization like the Jets?