Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I have to think Rex being forced on him played a hand in him choosing Jacksonville over the Jets. That or the higher draft pick this season. There's no other logical reason to go that organization as they are in an invisible market and have the smallest fanbase in the league. Neither team has a good QB on the roster and both have bust 1st round guys probably stuck on the roster for at least another year (Gabbert, Sanchez).
    I think more of a reason why the Jaguars are more attractive is that they can carry over $20 million from this past season into 2013. And they have a new owner with a ton of money who is willing to spend it and make a splash. That's why they are more attractive. It is basically a lot less work involved then coming to the Jets and trying to negotiate the cap down to a workable figure. I think that's the biggest reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I think more of a reason why the Jaguars are more attractive is that they can carry over $20 million from this past season into 2013. And they have a new owner with a ton of money who is willing to spend it and make a splash. That's why they are more attractive. It is basically a lot less work involved then coming to the Jets and trying to negotiate the cap down to a workable figure. I think that's the biggest reason.
    also, he lives in atlanta and jax is very close. wondering if proximity factors into it. don't know, but he may just love the area.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Everyone needs to relax. Santonio Holmes is coming back!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You are right, the Jets went out of their way to hire a search firm and bring in all these candidates because they wanted to hire the guy that was sitting in their office all along.

My point is, IF Cohen is hired it will be because other candidates turned them down and he is who they are left with.
    I didn't realize the Jets offered any person the GM job yet. You also have to remember that Tanny left the Jets in a terrible place in regards to the cap. That would have more of an impact regarding a GM wanting to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Everyone needs to relax. Santonio Holmes is coming back!
    Always good to have the captain on the bridge.

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't realize the Jets offered any person the GM job yet. You also have to remember that Tanny left the Jets in a terrible place in regards to the cap. That would have more of an impact regarding a GM wanting to come here.
    You dont read very well do you?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    If this Cohen was any good wouldn't we have better players on this team? And, why did no one else interview him?
    Cohen has never had final say on the Jets personnel since he's been here. So the lack of talent on this team falls on Tanny. And the reason nobody has interviewed him is simple, he's a part of a 6-10 organization with a lack of talent and depth. It's not his fault but the perception is what it is.

I don't know why Caldwell chose the Jags over the jets. But if it was because he considered the Jags to be in a better situation (cap, draft pick, roster, etc.), then we don't want him. we don't need a lazy GM. Nobody got time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    @JasonLaCanfora

"With SF's Tom Gamble's star not as bright with the Jets right now, hearing NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support"

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...28226535206914
    but of course. What bonafide GM candidate would come to Florham Park and have Rex shoved up his ass without any lubricant?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I don't know why Caldwell chose the Jags over the jets. But if it was because he considered the Jags to be in a better situation (cap, draft pick, roster, etc.), then we don't want him. we don't need a lazy GM. Nobody got time for that.
    Some people can't deal with the pressure in NY

Let the southern guy stay down there

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Lazy? He's lazy because he chooses to have final say on the HC in Jax? Something that isn't an option here?

Absurd.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

There is a lot to that. Expectations, media, and pressure are all going to factor in guys coming to the Jets. This is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Lazy? He's lazy because he chooses to have final say on the HC in Jax? Something that isn't an option here?

Absurd.
    I thought the Jags kept Mike Mularkey.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Caldwell's from Buffalo, but I understand. either way, if it was because of pressure or because the Jets situation was harder ... let em walk

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Until they hired their new GM and actually gave control to the guy who should have say as to who the coach should be.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You dont read very well do you?
    Lol, you don't write very well. You don't pay 200K and then tell a search committee that they can only look for candidates on winning teams. That's silly. You don't take away 65% of the candidates before you start your search. And if Cohen was still on the Eagles right now with his track record he would still be a candidate b/c he has had a lot of previous success and he is just as qualified as Caldwell, Gamble or any of the other candidates. None of the other candidates have ever been a GM so unless the Jets are passing up a chance to get a person with previous GM experience with a great track record then you really don't know what you will get from any of these guys. Just b/c you hate everything the Jets do and whine like a little girl doesn't mean you're right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    If this Cohen was any good wouldn't we have better players on this team? And, why did no one else interview him?
    See you just don't get it. The Jets have a secret plan and it all revolves around Cohen who is really a Bill Walsh Clone and who the Jets are going to unleash along with there new, secret and revamped new Tebow attack!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    From what I've read the new GM will make the call. The entire staff down there is under contract through 2013.

Cohen has never had final say on the Jets personnel since he's been here. So the lack of talent on this team falls on Tanny. And the reason nobody has interviewed him is simple, he's a part of a 6-10 organization with a lack of talent and depth. It's not his fault but the perception is what it is.
    Sure Tanny had to have Bart Scott, Tanny had to have his best player hold out because the HC was telling him how great he was, Tanny had to have Holmes and Cromartie at 10 million each, Rex wanted no part of Osi, that was all Tanny along with Tebow and Sanchez.

If you watched the press confrence Rex is still standing next to the owner. Tanny's underling is going to get his job. Maybe Tannenbaum wasn't a bad GM. Maybe the 2008 and 2009 squads were pretty good?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Absurd.
    not absurd at all. You think he'll fire his buddy Mularkey? doubtful.

And, if you even read the post, I said IF IT IS BECAUSE THE JETS JOB WAS TOO TOUGH, then yes, he could be considered lazy for taking an easier one. That's what I said. I didn't call the guy lazy, I put an IF in there