Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    So! Gamble originally came from Indy.
    True, but I'm starting think that he's a crappy interviewee considering that he is not even in the mix for the San Diego job despite interviewing there today

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So how does that correlate to what I wrote?

He reportedly "didn't interview well". Does anyone know what that means? If its true.
    What you said is true, but I'm starting to think he's a crappy interviewee. Because there has been no mention of him in correlation with the San Diego job.

If it was just the Jets saying that he interviewed badly, then I would be skeptical. But now with an additional team in there.....

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    This thread is not about the Pats, stop trying to turn it into that. Thank you
    It was directed as a quote to one poster Choon

So! Gamble originally came from Indy.
    He started with Philly. Was a QC coach with the Jets under Kotite. Went to Carolina and Baltimore then Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It was directed as a quote to one poster Choon
    Go f**k yourself.

This is a joke. I cant believe fans are buying into this crap. The only reason Cohen is now gaining support because the other candidates told Woody to shove the job up his ass because Woody wont let the GM bring in his own coach. Cohen is nothing more then a puppet for Rex and woody. I knew this would happen. If this happens then Woody deserves a 0-16 season.
    Im sorry how can anybody condone this crap Cohen assisted Tanny in decimating this franchise for the foreseeable future. The cap is a disaster aging lb corps. no frachise RB or WRs and a bust at QB. You have to be kidding me the fans on this board should be outraged, pissed, ready to burn tickets in metlife parking lot. I am really upset but I should expect this after 40 years of the BS this franchise pulls.

PS the whole upper brass should be fired for this crap not promoted.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 01-08-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Scott Cohen, on his credentials alone, is a good candidate.

The problem is people are going to hate the in-house hire and are worried about the so called "puppet master"

Which adds another question:

Woody has people that collect data. He's going to know that this is going to piss people off. So why is he doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    What you said is true, but I'm starting to think he's a crappy interviewee. Because there has been no mention of him in correlation with the San Diego job.

If it was just the Jets saying that he interviewed badly, then I would be skeptical. But now with an additional team in there.....
    He just might not fit with what they want. We don't know what criteria these teams are looking for or placing emphasis on.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    This is a joke. I cant believe fans are buying into this crap. The only reason Cohen is now gaining support because the other candidates told Woody to shove the job up his ass because Woody wont let the GM bring in his own coach. Cohen is nothing more then a puppet for Rex and woody. I knew this would happen. If this happens then Woody deserves a 0-16 season.
    Im sorry how can anybody condone this crap Cohen assisted Tanny in decimating this franchise for the foreseeable future. The cap is a disaster aging lb corps. no frachise RB or WRs and a bust at QB. You have to be kidding me the fans on this board should be outraged, pissed, ready to burn tickets in metlife parking lot. I am really upset but I should expect this after 40 years of the BS this franchise pulls.

Then why don't you do something about it?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post

+1000000000

Every. F'N. Word.

I will come back only after Rex is fired. There is a reason we are the butt of jokes in every paper in NY. Woody deserves every word.

He just might not fit with what they want. We don't know what criteria these teams are looking for or placing emphasis on.
    I also don't buy that the interview turned south with Gamble because of Rex.
    He knew the deal coming into the interview. It was all over the press. If he was against it, he would have canceled the interview before coming.

All League
    It was rumored a week ago that SD wanted Telesco because of his relationship with Arians. Plus Chuck Pagano's brother is the DC in SD.

Gamble never had a chance there. And Gamble was the number one recommendation of Bill Polian, someone who half this board would have given carte blanche to with regards to GM. Now because he probably refused to give Rex any input on the roster, he sucks.

Nice spin. Hey gullible Jet fans, Woody has more PSLs to sell you.

I am only 1 fan why don't you the fans on this board and beyond stop giving the green light and support Woody for pulling crap like this. If we all boycotted the games, Jerseys, buying anything NY Jets Woody would fold like a cheap tent.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    It was rumored a week ago that SD wanted Telesco because of his relationship with Arians. Plus Chuck Pagano's brother is the DC in SD.

Gamble never had a chance there. And Gamble was the number one recommendation of Bill Polian, someone who half this board would have given carte blanche to with regards to GM. Now because he probably refused to give Rex any input on the roster, he sucks.

Nice spin. Hey gullible Jet fans, Woody has more PSLs to sell you.
    Gamble should have known that going in. It was in the press prior to tue interview. If that was the main issue, than he would have just canceled the interview.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He knew the deal coming into the interview. It was all over the press. If he was against it, he would have canceled the interview before coming.
    100% incorrect! Guys interview all the time with hopes they can convince owners for control to run things their way.

All League
    It's one thing to keep Rex for a year. It's another to be handcuffed by him. Rex said at his interview that he would get input from the new GM. That means Rex has final say.

No worthy candidate is going to to risk their future with that no-win situation.

It's not like Gamble won't be sought after in another year or two. If he comes to the Jets, WHEN Rex crashes and burns, he is going to take down everyone around him. Hell how many people are still here when he arrived? He is the last man standing.

100% incorrect! Guys interview all the time with hopes they can convince owners for control to run things their way.
    That's a very stupid mentality to go into an interview with. Especially given the situation.

Do you people even realize what a joke our team is. how Giants fans and fans of other teams perceive this franchise. Hiring Cohen makes this team look like the joke it is. We could have a real GM who has built real teams instead we get another clown from the circus. with Rex as the ringmaster. this is a joke you people know its true freakin get pissed for once. I wanted Caldwell, Gamble, anybody who is outside this circus that didn't have anything to do with the destruction of this franchise Cohen should be gone along with the rest of the staff.

He might just kick your ass.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And you believe everything you read in the papers?

Despite what might have been reported, Gamble had every right to accept the interview and discover the Rex prerequisite directly from the horse's ass, err, mouth.