Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    From what I've read the new GM will make the call. The entire staff down there is under contract through 2013.
    the entire staff was told they can interview for any jobs they want

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Lol, you don't write very well. You don't pay 200K and then tell a search committee that they can only look for candidates on winning teams. That's silly. You don't take away 65% of the candidates before you start your search. And if Cohen was still on the Eagles right now with his track record he would still be a candidate b/c he has had a lot of previous success and he is just as qualified as Caldwell, Gamble or any of the other candidates. None of the other candidates have ever been a GM so unless the Jets are passing up a chance to get a person with previous GM experience with a great track record then you really don't know what you will get from any of these guys. Just b/c you hate everything the Jets do and whine like a little girl doesn't mean you're right.
    Who the f**k are you? You dont s**t about anybody around here.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    not absurd at all. You think he'll fire his buddy Mularkey? doubtful.

And, if you even read the post, I said IF IT IS BECAUSE THE JETS JOB WAS TOO TOUGH, then yes, he could be considered lazy for taking an easier one. That's what I said. I didn't call the guy lazy, I put an IF in there
    the entire staff was told they can interview for any jobs they want
    Right, so it seems unlikely that Mularkey stays, but at least the new GM will have the option.

I don't begrudge people picking the situation in which they feel they have the best chance for success. It's not lazy. It's smart.

Hall Of Fame
    not absurd at all. You think he'll fire his buddy Mularkey? doubtful.

And, if you even read the post, I said IF IT IS BECAUSE THE JETS JOB WAS TOO TOUGH, then yes, he could be considered lazy for taking an easier one. That's what I said. I didn't call the guy lazy, I put an IF in there
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jags very likely to announce they are parting way with coach Mike Mularkey this week, with the GM search over. Still hear Greg Roman

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Sure Tanny had to have Bart Scott, Tanny had to have his best player hold out because the HC was telling him how great he was, Tanny had to have Holmes and Cromartie at 10 million each, Rex wanted no part of Osi, that was all Tanny along with Tebow and Sanchez.

If you watched the press confrence Rex is still standing next to the owner. Tanny's underling is going to get his job. Maybe Tannenbaum wasn't a bad GM. Maybe the 2008 and 2009 squads were pretty good?
    In 2011 Tanny guaranteed Scott's 2012 salary, terrible move. Then before the 2012 season Tanny guaranteed Sanchez's 2013 salary, another terrible move. The Scott move handcuffed the Jets in the 2012 FA and now the Sanchez move will do the same in 2013. That is why Tanny got fired. I fully believe if he didn't guarantee Sanchez' salary for 2013 he would still be here with Rex for one more shot. But there was no coming back from that mistake.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I'm trying to be a voice of optimism right now, but if Woody turns around and hire Cohen & brings in Cam Cameron, I will apologize to all of you doom and gloomers on this board.
    +1

Why on earth would they promote somebody from within the organization? It's mind boggling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Sure Tanny had to have Bart Scott, Tanny had to have his best player hold out because the HC was telling him how great he was, Tanny had to have Holmes and Cromartie at 10 million each, Rex wanted no part of Osi, that was all Tanny along with Tebow and Sanchez.

If you watched the press confrence Rex is still standing next to the owner. Tanny's underling is going to get his job. Maybe Tannenbaum wasn't a bad GM. Maybe the 2008 and 2009 squads were pretty good?
    Of course Revis never held out till Rex was HC..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Who the f**k are you? You dont s**t about anybody around here.
    My name is Chris. And what I said about you whining is true, just like it is true for about 75% of this board. Is everybody on here 13? And like I said earlier you can't write. Your second sentence makes no sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    My name is Chris. And what I said about you whining is true, just like it is true for about 75% of this board. Is everybody on here 13? And like I said earlier you can't write. Your second sentence makes no sense.
    Thanks for checking grammar Chris. How is it whining exactly? Because I expressed displeasure with the possibility of Cohen being hired?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I don't know why Caldwell chose the Jags over the jets. But if it was because he considered the Jags to be in a better situation (cap, draft pick, roster, etc.), then we don't want him. we don't need a lazy GM. Nobody got time for that.
    We don't need a Lazy owner either. Woody heard from every expert out there say forcing a coach from a losing team down a Top canidates throat won't work. Woody you lost to Jacksonville over NYC the greatest city in the world I was hanging on the fence about keeping my tickets when we were hearing Caldwell & possibly Gamble, but now we here Cohen , we needed change Woody this aint
    it, game set match 0:00.

The SOJ fear will come true. No competent GM will take the job and we will be stuck with Cohen and the buffoon!!!

Although Dan Leberfeld tweeted:

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    @Fyocca123 It's hard to judge Scott Cohen. He worked in the shadows with Jets. He could be terrific.

and

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    @Fyocca123 @jetswhispers I don't think he's like Mike. I think he has more of a Eagles mindset, than Tannenbaum.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thanks for checking grammar Chris. How is it whining exactly? Because I expressed displeasure with the possibility of Cohen being hired?
    No, b/c these are all just rumors. And like I said earlier none of us know anything about how these candidates will ultimately be as GM's. You could have the dumbest football man ever be your GM but if you hit on a QB, even accidentally like the Pats did, you and your coach look like f*cking geniuses. I think it's too soon to sit here and criticize the Jets about something that hasn't happened yet. Thus the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    The SOJ fear will come true. No competent GM will take the job and we will be stuck with Cohen and the buffoon!!!
    Then why does everybody believe Rex is a puppet master? This is what's bothering me. Everybody called him a buffoon. Now everybody's calling him a puppet master. You can't be both.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Let me get this straight:

Rex Ryan calls the shots so we fire Mike Tannenbaum for catering to his every whim and are considering hiring his assistant who will cater to his every whim.

Rex Ryan is The Devil

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Rex Ryan calls the shots so we fire Mike Tannenbaum for catering to his every whim and are considering hiring his assistant who will cater to his every whim.

Rex Ryan is The Devil

SAR I
    Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Rex Ryan is The Devil

SAR I
    it's easy to blame rex. but based on tanny's history, i think it's fair to conclude that he'd hire this guy even if rex was fired. if cohen is hired and rex is fired after next season, i'd wager that the new HC is the OC hired this year. that's how woody runs things.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Proof?
    Obvious?

SAR I

All League
    Cohen was the pro personnel director for Heckert when he was with the Eagles. Those Eagles teams sent a lot of guys to the Pro Bowl. He was very well thought of at one point.

I, however, will be completely dejected if they make this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Proof?
    Today's press confrence.