Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 546

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

    @JasonLaCanfora

    "With SF's Tom Gamble's star not as bright with the Jets right now, hearing NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support"

    https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...28226535206914

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    such a ****ing joke

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    J-E-S-T! JEST, JEST, JEST!

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    umm...[insert facepalm]

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Heard the Browns were keeping an eye on Scott Cohen as well for their ongoing GM search

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    612
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think its Caldwell.. He is te only candidate to get a second interview and Woodys Jet him bought him from Atlanta to NJ for today.. I think they won't let him go until a deal is signed..

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to be a voice of optimism right now, but if Woody turns around and hire Cohen & brings in Cam Cameron, I will apologize to all of you doom and gloomers on this board.

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna hurl......

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    if they pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to a search firm and then hire the guy down the hall, i think i'm done.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,706
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is the case this whole thing was a dog and pony show acting as if they were testing the waters even though they knew this was the guy the entire time.

    Gamble, Korn/Ferry, going to Georgia etc...


    I would be VERY, VERY upset if this were the case.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if they pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to a search firm and then hire the guy down the hall, i think i'm done.
    Only if that was the original plan all along.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stony Brook
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    I still think its Caldwell.. He is te only candidate to get a second interview and Woodys Jet him bought him from Atlanta to NJ for today.. I think they won't let him go until a deal is signed..
    Caldwell and JAX fell thru due to money. He's probably just using us for leverage. Cohen with Rex making all the decisions is our future.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I'm trying to be a voice of optimism right now, but if Woody turns around and hire Cohen & brings in Cam Cameron, I will apologize to all of you doom and gloomers on this board.
    Cohen I don't have a big problem with but I will absolutely cry if Cam Cameron is the offensive coordinator.

    Don't get why people have a big problem with Cohen. Can never know which things he was on board with and which things he wasn't.


    Also doesn't make a ton of sense with some people here who seem to think that Caldwell and Gamble are guarantees. We don't have an idea of how much they were involved with either. Every big decision is made by the GM himself. Or coach if you are talking about teams like New England.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Only if that was the original plan all along.
    that couldn't have been the plan. then again, this is the jets.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    If this is the case this whole thing was a dog and pony show acting as if they were testing the waters even though they knew this was the guy the entire time.

    Gamble, Korn/Ferry, going to Georgia etc...


    I would be VERY, VERY upset if this were the case.
    But why would spend money and time on that? That doesn't make logical sense.

  19. #19
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like
    This prolly means neither Gamble or Caldwell like the amount of say Rex has.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not the candidates, it's the Jets.

    The sooner we all accept that the better. The "there is only 32 of these jobs" argument is nice but not when the one in question is for a completely dysfunctional franchise.

    Today's presser did not help our cause either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us