Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 546

Thread: NYJ assistant GM Scott Cohen gaining support

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Can't we just go back to Gamble? Did he fart during the interview?
    This. I don't care how did in the interview, this isn't a Talk Show job its a job centered around evaluating talent.

  2. #142
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    settin' trends... smokin da ganj... and pleasin' the ladies.

    Goddamn trailblazer!!

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Everyone here realizes the money Woody spends on the search firm doesn't count against the Jets cap, right? Woody hired the search firm to help him make the right choice. Maybe Cohen was ranked third by the search group. Maybe he was first. We don't know! Does it matter if Woody spent money on a search firm and they recommend Cohen? IT'S HIS MONEY!!!

    And if it is Cohen, and he comes highly recommended by this proven search firm, isn't that a good thing? Who cares if Woody spent his money on this?
    it would be the ultimate indignity if the jets offer cohen the job, but he leaves to take the browns gm job. that would signal to everyone that the jets need to can rex and offer a gm total control, if not more.

  4. #144
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Can't we just go back to Gamble? Did he fart during the interview?
    "I'm here for my interview."


  5. #145
    since Caldwell and Gamble are in high demand around by other teams, you ever think they might be dragging out the process to drive up the price??? some of you guys don't think anything through. Just the worst, right?!

  6. #146
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,684
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it would be the ultimate indignity if the jets offer cohen the job, but he leaves to take the browns gm job. that would signal to everyone that the jets need to can rex and offer a gm total control, if not more.
    I'd rather have that happen then one of Tanny's lackey's taking over.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I'd rather have that happen then one of Tanny's lackey's taking over.
    if people keep removing themselves from consideration, at this rate tanny himself will get the job - with a f***ing raise, ala sanchez last year!

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Doesn't matter what he was. All everybody will see is "Rex puppet"
    He was a senior member of the team that ...

    1) Gave Sanchez that extension
    2) Signed Holmes to that unnecessary contract
    3) Traded for Tim Tebow
    4) Made David Harris the highest paid MLB in Football

  9. #149
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    I'm sure Cohen knows what it takes and has the connections to rebuild the offensive coaching staff (Job #1 for the new GM) too

  10. #150
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,684
    I don't feel so good.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Why would it be great? Why would you fire Tannenbaum if you were just going to replace him with his protege? -- the guy that was with him for all of the decisions that resulted in the GM being dismissed?

    Forget the fans and the media - isn't common sense to go in a new direction if that is why you fired the guy in the first place?
    protege? lol.. Lets be fair here can we? the guy had a pretty high position for another team evaluating players for 7 years, hes not some self promoted cap guru like tanny. MT destroyed this team with terrible contract decisions in a matter of 2 years.. The football guys working under tanny shouldnt be dismissed just because their boss was a moron. Maybe they stuck around because they new MT would be shown the door in the near future. Sure these guys knew that before we did.. Im in favor of going outside to find the GM, but to call this guy MT's understudy is just silly..

  12. #152
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    protege? lol.. Lets be fair here can we? the guy had a pretty high position for another team evaluating players for 7 years, hes not some self promoted cap guru like tanny. MT destroyed this team with terrible contract decisions in a matter of 2 years.. The football guys working under tanny shouldnt be dismissed just because their boss was a moron. Maybe they stuck around because they new MT would be shown the door in the near future. Sure these guys knew that before we did.. Im in favor of going outside to find the GM, but to call this guy MT's understudy is just silly..
    I posted something similar earlier, but I dont think there's any way Cohen thrives in NY.

    You'll have the media crucifying Woody for hiring the consultant team, only to turn around and give the job to an in house guy WHO WAS NOT INTERVIEWED BY ANY OF THE OTHER SEVEN TEAMS WHO WERE LOOKING FOR A GM.

    You also will feed the perception that it will be the same ole same ole in Jets land. With how bad the Jets cap situation is, and how poorly they've perceived to have drafted lately, how can they promote from within?

    Finally, fairly or not, questions will continue on whether who has control of the ship- Rex or Cohen.

    All in all, I don't think it would be a good hire.

  13. #153
    Cardinals had a weeklong search for their new GM and they hired from within.

    So if you're counting at home...

    Open GM jobs: Jets, Chargers, Jags, Chiefs, Browns, Panthers, Cardinals (just filled).

    Only 1 of 7 filled.

    Caldwell, Gamble are doing what they are supposed to be doing. It's not the Jets fault they haven't gotten one yet.

    think things through here. come on
    Last edited by BamaJets; 01-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10

    The team is on a downward spiral. We need a fresh perspective, someone from outside the organization. Promoting our Asst GM isn't OK, not on board with that at all.
    Exactly. We need a fresh set of eyes not tainted by involvement in the earlier bad decisions. Cohen is too close to home, he carries the stench of Tannenbaum's failure. I pray that Woody can't be this stupid. He still needs to sell PSLs, tickets, etc. Promoting Cohen is not going to help him in that regard, the Jets will get skewered by the media and fans

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He was a senior member of the team that ...

    1) Gave Sanchez that extension
    2) Signed Holmes to that unnecessary contract
    3) Traded for Tim Tebow
    4) Made David Harris the highest paid MLB in Football
    Ding ding. Woody can't be this stupid, I have to assume this is just posturing by the Jets in their negotiations with Gamble and Caldwell

  16. #156
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Cardinals had a weeklong search for their new GM and they hired from within.

    So if you're counting at home...

    Open GM jobs: Jets, Chargers, Jags, Chiefs, Cardinals (just filled).

    Only 1 of 5 filled.

    Caldwell, Gamble are doing what they are supposed to be doing. It's not the Jets fault they haven't gotten one yet.

    think things through here. come on
    What about Carolina & Cleveland? That makes 7!

  17. #157
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,512
    You hire a search firm, interview everyone on the list and still can't hire someone? This is pathetic to the max!!!

  18. #158
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    protege? lol.. Lets be fair here can we? the guy had a pretty high position for another team evaluating players for 7 years, hes not some self promoted cap guru like tanny. MT destroyed this team with terrible contract decisions in a matter of 2 years.. The football guys working under tanny shouldnt be dismissed just because their boss was a moron. Maybe they stuck around because they new MT would be shown the door in the near future. Sure these guys knew that before we did.. Im in favor of going outside to find the GM, but to call this guy MT's understudy is just silly..
    Okay. Let's be fair. You don't like the word protege, we'll lose it.

    Please explain to me how a guy who has been by the just-fired GM's side during all of these horrendous decisions, is going to change what the owner has already decided was broken?

    It doesn't make logical sense.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 01-08-2013 at 05:14 PM.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Okay. Let's be fair. You don't like the word protege, we'll lose it.

    Please explain to me how a guy who has been by the just fired GM's side during all of these horrendous decisions, is going to change what the owner has already decided was broken?

    It doesn't make logical sense.
    Because you are foolishly assuming that he agreed with each of those decisions?

    And I'm not even a huge fan of Cohen, but I'm smart enough to realize he has a right to be considered.

  20. #160
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    You hire a search firm, interview everyone on the list and still can't hire someone? This is pathetic to the max!!!
    It might be that these top candidates want nothing to do with the Jets. Cohen, if hired, will prove that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us