Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex not involved in GM search

Rex not involved in GM search

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex says on ESPN Radio his involvement in GM search will be "late in the process."

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Rex on GM search: "I think my involvement will be late in the process." Said he hasn't been involved yet. #nyj

I think this is important to state because most fans on here seem to think Rex is pulling all the strings and Woodys a brain dead idiot.

Fact- Korn/ferry are doing their job

I own the JetsInsider website.

See, I can lie too.

Practice Squad
    So you don't think "late in the process" means choosing who the final person is?

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    So you don't think "late in the process" means choosing who the final person is?
    The guys been on vacation for the past week. Have they been doing interviews in the Bahamas? No.

This whole Rex is in control thing is being blown out of proportion.

Forget it. Reading various posts after the press conference, folks just believe what they want to believe, not what the see, read or hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Forget it. Reading various posts after the press conference, folks just believe what they want to believe, not what the see, read or hear.
    So I guess it was Rex who soured on Gamble, since he was in the interview room and all

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I think late in the process means after we hire the new GM ,Rex ,Woody, & the neww GM have a sit down lunch & Chat and after the lunch is over Woody will ask our new GM Rex keephim or dump him.?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I own the JetsInsider website.

See, I can lie too.
    Sweet. Too bad it doesn't get you enough money for a workshop on how to create funny memes...

Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Sweet. Too bad it doesn't get you enough money for a workshop on how to create funny memes...
    lol @ this feeble attempt to rustle my jimmies.

BAD JOB, BAD EFFORT.

Jets Insider VIP
    If the final decision is between Caldwell and Gamble, who the hell cares if Rex has final say?

Would anyone here honestly complain about landing either one?

I don't understand the outrage.

-Tannenbaum...gone
    - Shades and Cavanaugh...gone
    - New GM most likely Dave Caldwell or Tom Gamble
    - According to reports, we definitely have an interest in Norv Turner as OC (Hue Jackson could also be in play as a fallback option)
    - Both Rex and Woody made it clear that even if Sanchez remains on the roster, he won't be handed the job on a silver platter
    - Rex makes a vow to implement a more aggressive, pass oriented offense

Yet this entire board is ready to plummet head first over the cliff?
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-08-2013 at 04:47 PM.

lol @ this feeble attempt to rustle my jimmies.

BAD JOB, BAD EFFORT.
    Like most of the memes you post around here..

Like most of the memes you post around here..
    Present them.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I can buy the late in the process statement. These guys will work together. It doesn't mean that Rex's opinion will be a deciding factor. This is fairly typical.

What bothers me is the implication made clear today that Rex is not at all in danger. What bothers me is that I'm not confident the new GM will be the boss. Rex can have a vision and he should have some input on personnel. But he should be one of many voices in the war room. Not the guy pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If the final decision is between Caldwell and Gamble, who the hell cares if Rex has final say?

-Tannenbaum...gone
    - According to reports, we definitely have an interest in Norv Turner as OC (Hue Jackson could also be in play as a fallback option)
    - Both Rex and Woody made it clear that even if Sanchez remains on the roster, he won't be handed the job on a silver platter

I think I'm just going to stop using logic on here..

I mean Rex has had no involvement yet and the 3 names we are hearing are Gamble, Caldwell, and Cohen. It seems to me Korn/ferry is doing their job and selected whom they think are the best fit. NOT TO MENTION, Caldwell is the only one out of those 3 asked back for a 2nd interview

Im hoping late in the process means, "hi my name is Rex, nice to meet you Mr. GM".

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

-Tannenbaum...gone

Good Post.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Im hoping late in the process means, "hi my name is Rex, nice to meet you Mr. GM".
    Eh. Can't see it stopping at that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Wow. Those quotes don't support the thread title at all the complete opposite really.

All Pro
    The guys been on vacation for the past week. Have they been doing interviews in the Bahamas? No.

This whole Rex is in control thing is being blown out of proportion.
    The Daily News had photos of him from there on his phone. Obviously he was conducting interviews on his cellphone from poolside while his wife was on her iPhone.

Present them.
    All of 'em