Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguars Hire Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    And yet, all you do is whine about it.
    I'm whining about a bunch of whiners, yes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract

This is getting nuts
    Oh, tabbed, okay, as long as he's not hired.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    And yet, all you do is whine about it.
    Your name seems to consistently come at the top of rude sarcastic remarks directed towards other posters... something you should correct.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Oh, tabbed, okay, as long as he's not hired.
    lol
    wishful thinking right?

All League
    Good news for those who want Gamble

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    The Chargers expect to name their new GM tomorrow, with their longtime exec Jimmy Raye and Tom Telesco (IND) in the mix

Jets Insider VIP

We got beat out by the ****ing Jaguars.

Low point.

WOW! Maybe Rex's Wife will be named assistant GM! Jets are a frikkin Joke. Thanks Woody, you little weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Low point.
    Almost on the field too, if you recall. Somebody named Montell Owings almost hit 100 yards on us. Jags had the ball late 4th quarter driving for tying score. Sanchez only managed 1 turnover, however, so you know the opponent was truly dreadful

Veteran
    I don't know anything about him so I'm indifferent but what could have transpired for this to happen? It can't be Rex since he wouldn't have had the second interview..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Low point.
    See, here is the problem.

If the Jets were in fact "beaten out" by the Jaguars, I'd be mad as hell too.

But we simply don't know if thats the case. We can't.

All we "know" is what our proven dishoenst Sports Reporters are twitting, with anonymous this, and unnamed source that.

For all we know, Jets have a deal in principle with Gamble, had one before they even talked to Caldwell and others, and he'll be back in New York tomorrow to sign it.

Or, we could really be so fail as to fall back on "Internal Cohen" a week from now once all the other interviewees have signed elsewhere.

We don't know, and frankly, given the flip-flop-anything-that-sticks of the media, I simply cannot take their claims of "X is leading candidate" or "Jets #1 choice is Y" seriously.

We lost out to the effing Jaguars. A team that gets blacked out in their own town. What a disgrace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Almost on the field too, if you recall. Somebody named Montell Owings almost hit 100 yards on us. Jags had the ball late 4th quarter driving for tying score. Sanchez only managed 1 turnover, however, so you know the opponent was truly dreadful
    Jags also beat the Colts one of their 2 wins on the season..

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    There is nothing nuts about this...

Clearly he wanted the Jets job because he wouldn't have gone for a 2nd interview. They must have decided that they didn't want him.
    Or maybe he used the Jets as leverage to get the Jags to up their offer, ala Winfield and many others

All Pro
    Lmao at the overreaction. We lost out to the jags blah blah blah .. Last I check the jets have not made any one and offer all they did was offer dude a 2nd interview ..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's funny, in a sad way.

I spend all morning promoting the "have faith" position.

Then I hear we're likely to lose out on both our #1 and #2 preference for GM, and are now favoring an internal lackey of Tannenbaum and Bradway.

How horribly dissapointing such an outcome would be.
    There are so many different and conflicting reports that it's borderline ridiculous. No doubt most are rumors, yet some are probaly true. Do we even really know who the Jets want the most? Interviews are some indication, but we are get spoon-fed questionable info from twitter.

I am not going to make myself crazy by placing too much stock in any of this CRAP, but rather, I will wait to see what comes of this search.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao at the overreaction. We lost out to the jags blah blah blah .. Last I check the jets have not made any one and offer all they did was offer dude a 2nd interview ..
    No, Caldwell was offered the job.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    See, here is the problem.

If the Jets were in fact "beaten out" by the Jaguars, I'd be mad as hell too.

But we simply don't know if thats the case. We can't.

All we "know" is what our proven dishoenst Sports Reporters are twitting, with anonymous this, and unnamed source that.

For all we know, Jets have a deal in principle with Gamble, had one before they even talked to Caldwell and others, and he'll be back in New York tomorrow to sign it.

Or, we could really be so fail as to fall back on "Internal Cohen" a week from now once all the other interviewees have signed elsewhere.

We don't know, and frankly, given the flip-flop-anything-that-sticks of the media, I simply cannot take their claims of "X is leading candidate" or "Jets #1 choice is Y" seriously.
    You and I know deep down how this is going to end. Does it EVER end well for this franchise?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What a bunch of whiney b1tches some of you guys are

Rather than letting the process complete, you immediately go with the gloom and doom.

I don't get the mentality of some of you lately

All League
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jags hire Dave Caldwell as GM - frontrunner since last week. Contrary to reports, he didn't pull out of NYJ job til agreeing to terms w/Jags