Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 135

Thread: Jaguars Hire Jaguars

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

    Rather than letting the process complete, you immediately go with the gloom and doom.

    I don't get the mentality of some of you lately
    Some of us have actually followed this team for a long time.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No, Caldwell was offered the job.
    Where does it say Caldwell was offered the job? Sure doesn't sound it.......

    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jags hire Dave Caldwell as GM - frontrunner since last week. Contrary to reports, he didn't pull out of NYJ job til agreeing to terms w/Jags

    Once the terms were set today, Caldwell told Jets owner Woody Johnson he was out in NY. Then final language with Jags was set
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-08-2013 at 06:42 PM.

  3. #83
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Some of us have actually followed this team for a long time.

    ....and?

    You have the right to cry?

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Some of us have actually followed this team for a long time.
    And so have I but I'm not a gloom and doomer..

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    ....and?

    You have the right to cry?
    When it comes to the Jets I used to be a glass half full guy. Now that my life expectancy is less then 25 years, I'm a glass half empty guy. It's not crying it is what it is...

  6. #86
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    When it comes to the Jets I used to be a glass half full guy. Now that my life expectancy is less then 25 years, I'm a glass half empty guy. It's not crying it is what it is...
    Lol

    Was talking to my friend the other day, and said to him did he realize the f-ing Colts would have Luck for roughly 15 years....and we only had about 30-35 years left in this world. Half our good years left, and we have to deal with that f-ing guy

    That's why I like a defensive team

    Damn

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And so have I but I'm not a gloom and doomer..
    Watching the press confrence today did me in. I'm down the rabbit hole when it comes to the Jets.

  8. #88
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Watching the press confrence today did me in. I'm down the rabbit hole when it comes to the Jets.
    I'll wait till I see whats on the field next season.. At least we got to see the Jets win a Championship..

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I'll wait till I see whats on the field next season.. At least we got to see the Jets win a Championship..
    That team had one hell of a coaching staff.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Where does it say Caldwell was offered the job? Sure doesn't sound it.......

    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jags hire Dave Caldwell as GM - frontrunner since last week. Contrary to reports, he didn't pull out of NYJ job til agreeing to terms w/Jags

    Once the terms were set today, Caldwell told Jets owner Woody Johnson he was out in NY. Then final language with Jags was set
    Where does it say? LOL, the one tweet you retweet is the only source, it has to be in there, right? You know, people were talking about this before today.

    Caldwell's job for the taking???
    I'm told by a knowledgeable source that falcons player personnel director is likely to take Jags OR Jets GM job shortly. May have a choice -- Michael Silver (@MikeSilver)
    And "pulling out of NY job" is actually supporting my point that he, you know, pulled out. Thanks for helping out.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Where does it say? LOL, the one tweet you retweet is the only source, it has to be in there, right? You know, people were talking about this before today.



    And "pulling out of NY job" is actually supporting my point that he, you know, pulled out. Thanks for helping out.
    Talking about what? That Caldwell was offered the job??

    How does pulling out of the interview process equate to being offered the job???? Just asking.

  12. #92
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Talking about what? That Caldwell was offered the job??

    How does pulling out of the interview process equate to being offered the job???? Just asking.
    Wow.

    What part of this don't you understand:


    Caldwell's job for the taking???
    I'm told by a knowledgeable source that falcons player personnel director is likely to take Jags OR Jets GM job shortly. May have a choice -- Michael Silver (@MikeSilver)

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Wow.

    What part of this don't you understand:

    May have a choice -- Michael Silver

    WOW...LOL!!!!

  14. #94
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    May have a choice -- Michael Silver

    WOW...LOL!!!!
    "Likely to take either job". Kind of hard to take a job without an offer.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    "Likely to take either job". Kind of hard to take a job without an offer.
    so one source says no offer and one says he may have a choice...so of course that means he had an offer.

  16. #96
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Scratch another name off the Jets' GM list.

    Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell, who met twice with the Jets, has agreed in principle to become the Jaguars' GM, according to multiple reports.

    One league source said Caldwell "played and leveraged the Jets. It was common knowledge in the scouting community that he was taking the Jacksonville job."

    Right now, it's a three-man race for the Jets -- unless they decide to expand the field. The known candidates are 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen. Gamble, the early favorite, didn't blow away the Jets in his interview, one source said.

    Based on Woody Johnson's comments Tuesday, saying how he believes the organization is "heading in the right direction," it wouldn't be a total shock if he picks the continuity candidate -- Cohen. No knock on Cohen, but it wouldn't be received well by the fan base.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

  17. #97
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Caldwell has already informed the Jets he's pulled his name out of their search as he is negotiating w Jaguars after they tabbed him

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Scratch another name off the Jets' GM list.

    Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell, who met twice with the Jets, has agreed in principle to become the Jaguars' GM, according to multiple reports.

    One league source said Caldwell "played and leveraged the Jets. It was common knowledge in the scouting community that he was taking the Jacksonville job."

    Right now, it's a three-man race for the Jets -- unless they decide to expand the field. The known candidates are 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen. Gamble, the early favorite, didn't blow away the Jets in his interview, one source said.

    Based on Woody Johnson's comments Tuesday, saying how he believes the organization is "heading in the right direction," it wouldn't be a total shock if he picks the continuity candidate -- Cohen. No knock on Cohen, but it wouldn't be received well by the fan base.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter
    Translation: Gamble would want to clean house but Woody isn't finished playing house with Wrecks the do over king

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Translation: Gamble would want to clean house but Woody isn't finished playing house with Wrecks the do over king
    yep..And it sounds like Mularkey, reportedly close to Caldwell, is on his way out in Jax too..


    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jags very likely to announce they are parting way with coach Mike Mularkey this week, with the GM search over. Still hear Greg Roman


    The news comes after the Jaguars completed their general manager search on Tuesday with the hiring of David Caldwell. Caldwell worked with Mularkey while the two were in Atlanta, but Caldwell is still expected to choose his own head coach. La Canfora mentions San Francisco offensive coordinator Greg Roman as a top candidate. Caldwell and Roman were roommates in college.

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/8...ire-greg-roman

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Scratch another name off the Jets' GM list.

    Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell, who met twice with the Jets, has agreed in principle to become the Jaguars' GM, according to multiple reports.

    One league source said Caldwell "played and leveraged the Jets. It was common knowledge in the scouting community that he was taking the Jacksonville job."

    Right now, it's a three-man race for the Jets -- unless they decide to expand the field. The known candidates are 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen. Gamble, the early favorite, didn't blow away the Jets in his interview, one source said.

    Based on Woody Johnson's comments Tuesday, saying how he believes the organization is "heading in the right direction," it wouldn't be a total shock if he picks the continuity candidate -- Cohen. No knock on Cohen, but it wouldn't be received well by the fan base.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter
    Somebody used us as leverage? I'm shocked I tell you.

    How insulting is it that somebody picked the Jags over us? LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us