Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 135

Thread: Jaguars Hire Jaguars

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    So he's in Jersey and he's going to the Jags? Did the plane leave awhile ago?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is everyone whining about Caldwell when Gamble is still in play? There have been no reports stating that Gamble is out of the running for our GM spot, or has received an offer from another team.

    I'll save my whining for when Cohen is introduced as the Jets GM at a presser.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    you will have company my friend.
    Picturing this massive queue, brings both laughter and horror.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Go out in a more pleasureful way at least as is befitting of you. I suggest a gorge fest of your favorite fatty high cholesterol foods followed by gallons of your fav wine.

    Oh wait.....that is the average weekend for some people on here.
    Yeah, me. Luckily, i have good genes so i remain thin. I let the red wine be my "Lipitor".

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny, in a sad way.

    I spend all morning promoting the "have faith" position.

    Then I hear we're likely to lose out on both our #1 and #2 preference for GM, and are now favoring an internal lackey of Tannenbaum and Bradway.

    How horribly dissapointing such an outcome would be.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, who was cancelling further interviews with other teams because the one with the Jets went so well?

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Why is everyone whining about Caldwell when Gamble is still in play? There have been no reports stating that Gamble is out of the running for our GM spot, or has received an offer from another team.
    Wasn't he a lock, only to find out a day later he was going to an interview with the Chargers - yesterday?

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Wait, who was cancelling further interviews with other teams because the one with the Jets went so well?
    I thought it was Gamble...

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    About to head to Houston. Can say this on Atlanta's Dave Caldwell -- Both Jags and Jets are confident that they can land him

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's funny, in a sad way.

    I spend all morning promoting the "have faith" position.

    Then I hear we're likely to lose out on both our #1 and #2 preference for GM, and are now favoring an internal lackey of Tannenbaum and Bradway.

    How horribly dissapointing such an outcome would be.
    +1

    I'm holding out hope, but things are not looking favorable..

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now LaCanfora is tweeting that Caldwell could be the Chargers GM

    What the hell is going on?

    Ken Gartin ‏@RedTheTrucker
    @JasonLaCantora According to league sources the #Chargers have hired Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. NO!

    Doug Downing ‏@dwdowning619
    @RedTheTrucker @jasonlacantora GM in place yet?

    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCantora
    .@dwdowning619 @redthetrucker Hearing it could be #Falcons exec David Caldwell but team hasn't made anything official.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Jacksonville has tabbed Dave Caldwell as their new GM, the two sides are trying to work out a contract

    This is getting nuts

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO!!!!!

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell is going on?

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    All these guys are as clueless as us

    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    The Jacksonville Jaguars have tabbed Falcons' Dave Caldwell as their new GM and the two sides are trying to work out a deal

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Caldwell picked the Jaguars as his landing spot after after a second interview for the Jets GM job. Contract still needs to be finalized.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing nuts about this...

    Clearly he wanted the Jets job because he wouldn't have gone for a 2nd interview. They must have decided that they didn't want him.

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Scott Cohen

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow...unreal!! jags beat us out!!!!

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Caldwell picked the Jaguars as his landing spot after after a second interview for the Jets GM job. Contract still needs to be finalized.
    ...and after witnessing today's press conference which he dubbed, "A dog and pony act"...

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    There is nothing nuts about this...

    Clearly he wanted the Jets job because he wouldn't have gone for a 2nd interview. They must have decided that they didn't want him.
    really or maybe he watched todays presser and was scared off!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us