Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does "Attacking-Style OC" Mean Mike Martz?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    A semi-retired, half interested Mike Martz is an upgrade over a fully-engaged, caffeine-fueled Tony Sporano.
    Ummmmm this!!!!

But as DDNY said Rex doesn't even believe his own nonsense!!!!

It is a joke...

He'd be a great hire, but based on what Rex was saying, I think he was talking about Hue Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    He'd be a great hire, but based on what Rex was saying, I think he was talking about Hue Jackson.
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets compiling OC list. Hue Jackson appears to be a good fit, but I'm told #NYJ haven't asked Bengals for permission to interview him yet

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    We dont have the right personnel for a Martz offense. You need a QB with a quick release and ability to run, you need speed receivers who can get yards after the catch. You need a smash-mouth running back.
    The Mike Martz system is too high maintenance, there's a reason why he had limited success and no one else in the league follows his style. Basically you need everything to be near perfect on O for it to work. Let's hire Norv instead, he's much better suited to coach the current Jets personnel. Also need to get a competent qb coach, why not Chad?

Bewildered Beast
    What the hell...I'm being attacked by thoughts of a fully-engorged Tony Sparano.

Make it stop.

Problem is that a Martz offense requires a decisive and accurate QB with a talented surrounding cast of receivers.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure Rex even knows what he meant by saying that.
    ^^ THIS ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    The Mike Martz system is too high maintenance, there's a reason why he had limited success and no one else in the league follows his style. Basically you need everything to be near perfect on O for it to work. Let's hire Norv instead, he's much better suited to coach the current Jets personnel. Also need to get a competent qb coach, why not Chad?
    didnt chad work extensively with sanchez this off season and sanchez ends up having the worst season of his career...no improvements at all. In essence we should stay far from him based on his work with cantchez

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Norv is the Sanchez of the coaching world ... Pass. He won with the ridiculously stacked roster of the cowboys ... Smith, Aikman, Irvin etc etc