Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circus getting ready for 2013!

Circus getting ready for 2013!

The Circus will be back in town bigger and better than ever in 2013. The Ringmaster and head clown are going to see to that. Sanchez will be back driving the clown car with a new cast of assistant coaches teaching the rest of the clowns new acts. But will they ever top the Butt Fumble?
    Here is my prediction Scott Cohen will be the new GM. This search for a new GM is a sham. Caldwell took the Jaguar job and I believe Gamble will stay in San Francisco rather than join the Circus. The fact is any quality GM candidate will not take the Jet job as long as Rex is untouchable. Woody will try to spin it that after their exhaustive search for a GM the best guy was already in house, Scott Cohen, blah,blah,blah. The real truth is all the candidates turned Woody down.
    I've been a steadfast Jet fan for fifty three years and I can't take it any longer. I'll keep my PSL because I can't break even, but I'll probably only attend a couple of games and sell the rest off. I don't have enough years ahead of me to see this franchise ever become relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    The Circus will be back in town bigger and better than ever in 2013. The Ringmaster and head clown are going to see to that. Sanchez will be back driving the clown car with a new cast of assistant coaches teaching the rest of the clowns new acts. But will they ever top the Butt Fumble?
    Here is my prediction Scott Cohen will be the new GM. This search for a new GM is a sham. Caldwell took the Jaguar job and I believe Gamble will stay in San Francisco rather than join the Circus. The fact is any quality GM candidate will not take the Jet job as long as Rex is untouchable. Woody will try to spin it that after their exhaustive search for a GM the best guy was already in house, Scott Cohen, blah,blah,blah. The real truth is all the candidates turned Woody down.
    I've been a steadfast Jet fan for fifty three years and I can't take it any longer. I'll keep my PSL because I can't break even, but I'll probably only attend a couple of games and sell the rest off. I don't have enough years ahead of me to see this franchise ever become relevant.
    Brother, I only go back 31 years as a fan of this team but I am equally frustrated. The events under this clown owner has shown me that we will never have long term success until/unless he sells the team. He is that clueless.

I have seen enough 9-7, sneak into the last playoff spot, type of seasons. Having those seasons every 5 years or so is simply not enough anymore. I am close to done with them while this tool is owner.

All League
    G'bye, guys.

I agree, to make the circus complete they can bring Tebow, TO, Braylon, and ochocinco into camp too!! Let's strive to be the biggest circus ever!!!

Practice Squad
    Thanks for posting squirt, on two fronts I thought I was alone, I thought after 44 years of being a fan I was the longest on this board, your 53 years is remarkable. Secondly, I thought I was the only long tenured fan to finally drop out, I have been posting that since the halfway mark this season.

I really think both of us are finally better off and will be much happier getting this albatross off our shoulders. I am actually relieved I am no longer calling myself a true fan of this team. They are truly a dysfunctional organization and the current circus with Wrecks as the leader has no hope. I hope you are at as much peace with your decision as I am, it is quite a relief.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

The only thing is this team & stadium are more of a Funeral home then a circus. People come to pay their respect to the dead, & most are crying not laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Brother, I only go back 31 years as a fan of this team but I am equally frustrated. The events under this clown owner has shown me that we will never have long term success until/unless he sells the team. He is that clueless.

I have seen enough 9-7, sneak into the last playoff spot, type of seasons. Having those seasons every 5 years or so is simply not enough anymore. I am close to done with them while this tool is owner.
    Get out now while your wounds can heal. I told my wife many times over the years I was going to root for another team. She laughs and say's "you know you won't do that, your just frustrated right now. In a few days you'll be back to being an avid fan again". She was always right. Now I ask her why can't I change teams? I have had it with this circus. She just laughs and says: "You can't because no matter how mad they make you they are the Jets and they will always be your team".
    So you see you have to get out while you still have time to forget them, or you'll end up like me.

Well done Squirt! This is the Jets site where reality is never prevelant, and most of the young posters here view us old timers as though we were an ionconvenienc/annoyance to them instead of the wealth of Jets history that they could all use to learn from, I am glad someone had the ba##s to say it! I am a fan of around 40 years myself and feel like I was butt surfed by this organization today. How did Rex survive this and get what is essentially a "do over" for 2 so so years and 2 miserable years, including this past season where the team was an absolute embarassment, lost 34-0 at home, 30-9 at home, gave up 49 points in a Nationally televised home game at which contained the funniest football folly in football history starring our QB?

One question. Does anyone know how I can get a job where I get to pick my boss, am accountable for nothing, and have a free pass to do whatever?

Rex Ryan has this job, as we were told today.

Hall Of Fame
    Get out now while your wounds can heal. I told my wife many times over the years I was going to root for another team. She laughs and say's "you know you won't do that, your just frustrated right now. In a few days you'll be back to being an avid fan again". She was always right. Now I ask her why can't I change teams? I have had it with this circus. She just laughs and says: "You can't because no matter how mad they make you they are the Jets and they will always be your team".
    So you see you have to get out while you still have time to forget them, or you'll end up like me.
    I too, have this problem. I tried to root for the Giants, couldn't *really* do it... I finally just stopped watching the games altogether. I haven't really cared at all since they brought TeaBag in....

30 yrs here. the jets with this owner and coach will not win anything. until woody sells the team, the jets will not be seeing a SB anytime soon.

PT Rexum was up to his old schtick today....sad act. Im pining for the Leon Hess days......sadder.

Veteran
    Ya'know guys, there's like.....31 other teams.

You could quit *****ing about this one and go root for one of them. I'm sure they have message boards too.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Ot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip View Post

You could quit *****ing about this one and go root for one of them. I'm sure they have message boards too.
    And our Billionaire. Owner could take of cash he's been taking from us and build us a winning team not a Football Folly Film.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Well done Squirt! This is the Jets site where reality is never prevelant, and most of the young posters here view us old timers as though we were an ionconvenienc/annoyance to them instead of the wealth of Jets history that they could all use to learn from, I am glad someone had the ba##s to say it! I am a fan of around 40 years myself and feel like I was butt surfed by this organization today. How did Rex survive this and get what is essentially a "do over" for 2 so so years and 2 miserable years, including this past season where the team was an absolute embarassment, lost 34-0 at home, 30-9 at home, gave up 49 points in a Nationally televised home game at which contained the funniest football folly in football history starring our QB?

One question. Does anyone know how I can get a job where I get to pick my boss, am accountable for nothing, and have a free pass to do whatever?

Rex Ryan has this job, as we were told today.
    My guess is work for the government or NY Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip View Post

+1 Peace out homies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmoIuAcbIb4

Jets fan since '63...

I like the direction we're moving in so far since the end of the season. Big changes were needed and we let the right two guys in Mike T and Tony S go and kept the right guy in Rex.

I think Rex may be one of those rare guys in team sports who can virtually guarantee he'll dramatically improve any team he coaches, that defense is portable, I'm glad we have him. I like the Thurman hire, no circus, in house, knows the defense.

Got to get the GM and OC in and both jobs are huge, glad Rex will have input.

The OC hire is the big one for Rex it's his call. Running the ball and inventive offense are not mutually exclusive. I thought the Texans were the most interesting offense I saw at Met Life this season. All that misdirection and influencing then running and play actioning off of it, thought it looked great, wish we could run something like it cause keeping the defense off the field and rested is always important for a defensive team.

The GM will have to restock on offense and find the obtainable real competition for Sanchez (there are guys out there). Rex is saying the right things about offensive intentions but time will tell.

Again the first steps are positive. In a sense the fans of this team have to be somewhat like the players don't get too involved in the press/media coverage. We're always going to be on the back page and page 6.

So far so good...

All Pro
    Squirt as a fellow old timer I feel your pain-hey at least we had the SB season, and were old enough to enjoy it and FEEL what that was like. What is really sad is the fact that THE JETS WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL-at least not in our lifetimes-who knows maybe our kids or grandkids will see one but I can't see it happening anytime soon-not while THIS owner is running this team.

I like the direction we're moving in so far since the ends of the season. Big changes were needed and we let the right two guys in Mike T and Tony S go and kept the right guy in Rex.

I think Rex may be one of those rare guys in team sports who can virtually guarantee he'll dramatically improve any team he coaches, that defense is portable, I'm glad we have him. I like the Thurman hire, no circus, in house, knows the defense.

Are you kidding me? Rex, is that you disguising yourself as "zensum"?

All Pro
    Basketball lost me around the late 90's, baseball a few years later,I haven't sat down and watched a full game of either of those sports in over 10 years. Football was all that I had left, and the Jets were the only team I could EVER root for. Guys our age do not have the ability to "just change teams" guys our age we aren't built that way. What I have done is to ween myself off of the Jets-I've had it. There WILL be no more spending my hard earned cash on this team. There will be no more DTV Sunday Tickets next year. There will be no yearly trip to that sh!thole in Miami to watch this team. Certainly jerseys for old guys are simply out of the question- I am giving up on sports altogether. I started this year and was a lot happier person for it. Look, when you get to be on the upper part of your 50's it's just TIME, time to stop ruining the Sunday afternoons that you are running out of on a silly game being played by kids and on a team being run by IDIOTS-I am done....I feel sorry for you guys 15-20 years younger than us old timers-at least we HAD 1968 and January 1969

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets View Post
    Squirt as a fellow old timer I feel your pain-hey at least we had the SB season, and were old enough to enjoy it and FEEL what that was like. What is really sad is the fact that THE JETS WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL-at least not in our lifetimes-who knows maybe our kids or grandkids will see one but I can't see it happening anytime soon-not while THIS owner is running this team.
    I agree with you. I had high hopes for Woody and thought he would a better owner than Hess. He is better in a few ways but worse in a few others. Which makes him Hess II. I would have liked to see them win a few more Super Bowls over the years especially for the younger fans coming up. I never expected Super Bowls every year because I know how hard it is for teams to get there. But I was hoping they would be a franchise that even in the rebuilding years that would be competitive and tough to beat. But lets face it they are the laughing stock of the NFL and will remain that for years to come under Woody's ownership. So as an old song goes: send in the clowns.