Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circus getting ready for 2013!

A failed circus

What self respecting GM or coach would want to work for this team? Who wants to be the meat in an idiot sandwich with Wrecks and Woody. This is not a team that fails to be successful. It is a zoo that fails to be an entertaining circus. We are on a roller coaster ride and today's presser was just the fast ride down. You can choose to get on, enjoy the ride and vomit over the side or choose not to ride. What do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Brother, I only go back 31 years as a fan of this team but I am equally frustrated. The events under this clown owner has shown me that we will never have long term success until/unless he sells the team. He is that clueless.

I have seen enough 9-7, sneak into the last playoff spot, type of seasons. Having those seasons every 5 years or so is simply not enough anymore. I am close to done with them while this tool is owner.

Every five years.... or 6 out of 10. Whichever fits your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

Every five years.... or 6 out of 10. Whichever fits your argument.
    Just like pretending that time started in 2001 and the years before simply never happened. Whichever fits your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    The Circus will be back in town bigger and better than ever in 2013. The Ringmaster and head clown are going to see to that. Sanchez will be back driving the clown car with a new cast of assistant coaches teaching the rest of the clowns new acts. But will they ever top the Butt Fumble?
    Here is my prediction Scott Cohen will be the new GM. This search for a new GM is a sham. Caldwell took the Jaguar job and I believe Gamble will stay in San Francisco rather than join the Circus. The fact is any quality GM candidate will not take the Jet job as long as Rex is untouchable. Woody will try to spin it that after their exhaustive search for a GM the best guy was already in house, Scott Cohen, blah,blah,blah. The real truth is all the candidates turned Woody down.
    I've been a steadfast Jet fan for fifty three years and I can't take it any longer. I'll keep my PSL because I can't break even, but I'll probably only attend a couple of games and sell the rest off. I don't have enough years ahead of me to see this franchise ever become relevant.
    I honestly feel bad for anyone who got stuck paying those damn PSLs. I had seasons for 15 years (which included the Kotite years). I got out 2 years before Metlife opened. I heard one fan on the radio today say "If Rex can ask for a fresh start and do-over then why can't the fans do the same with their PSLs?" It's actually a really fair and valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I honestly feel bad for anyone who got stuck paying those damn PSLs. I had seasons for 15 years (which included the Kotite years). I got out 2 years before Metlife opened. I heard one fan on the radio today say "If Rex can ask for a fresh start and do-over then why can't the fans do the same with their PSLs?" It's actually a really fair and valid point.
    I agree. I believe Woody should refund all season ticket holders PSL and Non PSL all their money with interest. The NFL should demand Woody sell the team to someone who will make the Jets a legitimate NFL franchise and put a quality product on the field. We fans could file a class action suit to get refunds and file complaints with the New Jersey Consumer Protection Agency. Other than that we are screwed.

All Pro
    Do some of you guys EVER get tired of *****ing? I mean, you can always cheer for another team. You don't have to cheer for the Jets.

what terrible fans we have. a lot of you suck so much. go find something else to do with your time if all you're going to do is complain. you think the team is embarrassing? you guys are 10x worse

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree with you. I had high hopes for Woody and thought he would a better owner than Hess. He is better in a few ways but worse in a few others. Which makes him Hess II. I would have liked to see them win a few more Super Bowls over the years especially for the younger fans coming up. I never expected Super Bowls every year because I know how hard it is for teams to get there. But I was hoping they would be a franchise that even in the rebuilding years that would be competitive and tough to beat. But lets face it they are the laughing stock of the NFL and will remain that for years to come under Woody's ownership. So as an old song goes: send in the clowns.
    There already here allegedly called Jet fans.. I was around for the Titan's first win over the Bills in 1960 when I was 16.. Funny thing is the times were much rougher in the 70's and part of the 80's and 90's but since 1997 the team has had 4 losing seasons in 16 years.. I agree it's frustrating when you take a shot at a franchise QB and it fails but most of you were happy as a clam in 09 and 2010.. If you guys really have had it go to another board to the team of your choice.. There's enough whining around here as it is..

I will never stop being a Jets fan regardless of who the owner or coach is period! Do I like everything they have done in the last 2 years? heck no! but they have admitted the mistakes and are doing something about it. The team still has a nice core of players and if you fire rex as well than you might as well trade all the stars and totally start from scratch which to me is Asinine! You can ***** and whine all you want which I have done plenty of myself but the bottom line is we are Jets fans and we will always be! You guys telling me if they start next year 6-0 that you wouldn't be watching that 7th game? My Arse!! I'm a mets fan too and will stay that way. I guess if the Jets moved to california it would be hard to root for them. I personally would love it if they could play at citifield and rejoin with the mets but I know that ain't happening anytime soon.
    Anyhow it's only a game and there are other things in life to worry about! Whatever coaches they get will be meaningless until week 1 of next season then we will see. See Ya Then Boys n Girls!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Just like pretending that time started in 2001 and the years before simply never happened. Whichever fits your argument.
    so Woody is responsible for the Jets losing before he became the owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    There already here allegedly called Jet fans.. I was around for the Titan's first win over the Bills in 1960 when I was 16.. Funny thing is the times were much rougher in the 70's and part of the 80's and 90's but since 1997 the team has had 4 losing seasons in 16 years.. I agree it's frustrating when you take a shot at a franchise QB and it fails but most of you were happy as a clam in 09 and 2010.. If you guys really have had it go to another board to the team of your choice.. There's enough whining around here as it is..
    THIS! also, dad is that you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    THIS! also, dad is that you?
    Hmmm Could be I spent time in the south and west in the 60's..

Hmmm Could be I spent time in the south and west in the 60's..
    haha! ah, close but no cigar. I'm a transplanted 70s NY baby. Like the way you think though

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    haha! ah, close but no cigar. I'm a transplanted 70s NY baby. Like the way you think though
    Not so fast I spent over 40 years on Long Island..

What happens when you listen to too much Fatcessa.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Do some of you guys EVER get tired of *****ing? I mean, you can always cheer for another team. You don't have to cheer for the Jets.
    Those geniuses even root for other countries before ours in this order

Iran
    N. Korea
    China
    Russia
    France
    Canada
    USA

PSL owners who default not due to losing their home or job
    but because waah, the Jets were bad this year, should take a nice credit rating hit
    e. g. not being able to charge so much as a pair of shoelaces
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-09-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Your argument has no context.

You say that Woody Johnson is a clown and a tool, that we will never have long term success under his ownership.

I point out that we've made the playoffs 6 times in a decade with Woody as owner. To which you bring up the years before Woody was owner as a counterpoint? That proves my point even further.

We've seen more prolonged success under Woody than any owner in franchise history.

All League
    Charter JI Member

The Circus will be back in town bigger and better than ever in 2013. The Ringmaster and head clown are going to see to that. Sanchez will be back driving the clown car with a new cast of assistant coaches teaching the rest of the clowns new acts. But will they ever top the Butt Fumble?
    Here is my prediction Scott Cohen will be the new GM. This search for a new GM is a sham. Caldwell took the Jaguar job and I believe Gamble will stay in San Francisco rather than join the Circus. The fact is any quality GM candidate will not take the Jet job as long as Rex is untouchable. Woody will try to spin it that after their exhaustive search for a GM the best guy was already in house, Scott Cohen, blah,blah,blah. The real truth is all the candidates turned Woody down.
    I've been a steadfast Jet fan for fifty three years and I can't take it any longer. I'll keep my PSL because I can't break even, but I'll probably only attend a couple of games and sell the rest off. I don't have enough years ahead of me to see this franchise ever become relevant.
    Good riddence -

Whose whining? The facts are the facts. This franchise is a mess! I can take losing or I would have dumped the Jets years ago. But your going to tell me you have faith in Woody and Rex to get this team back on track. Pettine took a DC job with Buffalo to get out of here. Sutton wants out. A rising your defensive asst. took a college job, you can't attract a first rate GM candidate by even offering him more money than the Jaguars, Norv Turner was your No. 1 choice for OC and he's not coming here and you guys are happy and believe in Woody and Rex's plan? Tell me who is Rex going to hire to be his Assistant coaches? The fact is no one wants anything to do with the Jets because it will hurt their career the way this franchise is being run at the moment.
    Also those of you who call us whiners how many games do you attend or watch on TV. Don't tell me you can't get tickets because there are always tickets available and this year you'll be able to get good seats really cheap.
    Like I said I can take the up and down cycles, but not the lying and BS this franchise is putting the fan base through at the present time. This franchise has lost all credibility with it's fan base and thats what the heart of the problem is.