Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sar, you win, I give in

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    After watching the press conference today, I am convinced that Woody is in love with Rex's feet. They are both foot fetish dudes. Thats the only explanation for letting the buffoon talk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We're going to have to be a bit patient, Frankie.

I guess we're going to have to really suck to get Woody to do the right thing next season. I mean, going 1-11 against winning teams didn't do it. Losing the locker room twice didn't do it. Drafting terrible players and releasing good ones didn't do it. Going 0-3 to end the last two seasons didn't do it. The exodus of assistant coaches didn't do it. The backstabbing stories in the press didn't do it.

Eventually, Rex Ryan will be gone. Until then, Go Rangers, Go Yankees, Go Knicks. It's a big town. Lots of other sports going on.

SAR I

Quit being a baby, for real, yo. After all, this is a 30 year commitment, isn't it? You said so yourself!!

Think about the last 30 years of this franchise, and you can't find any given 4 year stretch in which there were 2 conference Championship games played (yes, we all know how pathetic that is). How did you survive those years and still remain a fan of the team, up to this point? Who knows, maybe Rex and the new staff might be able to turn things around, assuming they can somehow re-tool the team properly given the salary cap restraints. Who knows. Fans of this team have been through this for 44 previous offseasons of frustration, with no real hope in sight, so why is this one any different?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is responsible for the mess that is Mark Sanchez.

Since it seems Mark Sanchez is the biggest disaster the team faces, in your opinion, then clearly the man who scouted him, courted him, worked him out, fell in love with him, drafted him, started him, tattooed him, and eventually abandoned him is to blame.

We're doomed. Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    I've realized this to be the utter truth.

As Aaron Eckhart's character in The Dark Knight said, "The Joker is just a mad dog. I want whoever let him off the leash."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry.

It was actually the first time I wanted to be wrong. SAR doesn't win; we all lose.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    Rex is nothing without Woody. Woody is nothing more than an incompetent, meddling benefactor. But for the silver spoon he was born with, he'd be on a beach somewhere bagging beer cans for nickels. Until you realize this, you might as well be ray ray.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Rex is nothing without Woody. Woody is nothing more than an incompetent, meddling benefactor. But for the silver spoon he was born with, he'd be on a beach somewhere bagging beer cans for nickels. Until you realize this, you might as well be ray ray.
    Funny you should say that----one of the Rah Rah types claimed he was a great businessman and we should trust him. I made the point that he is a trust baby and had nothing to do with building J&J. Of course I got flamed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Quit being a baby, for real, yo. After all, this is a 30 year commitment, isn't it? You said so yourself!!

Think about the last 30 years of this franchise, and you can't find any given 4 year stretch in which there were 2 conference Championship games played (yes, we all know how pathetic that is). How did you survive those years and still remain a fan of the team, up to this point? Who knows, maybe Rex and the new staff might be able to turn things around, assuming they can somehow re-tool the team properly given the salary cap restraints. Who knows. Fans of this team have been through this for 44 previous offseasons of frustration, with no real hope in sight, so why is this one any different?
    In all my years rooting for the Jets, I've never been asked to suffer two tenures for the same head coach.

Bad enough I needed to put up with Bruce Coslet for 4 years. Bad enough I had to put up with Herman Edwards for 5 years. But I've never been told that a head coach failed, that he admits he couldn't do the job, that he admits he's not up for the task, therefore today is Day 1 of his second 4 year term of office in which maybe he'll know what he's doing.

I'll attend 3 games because my kids will drag me. I will root for the other team. I will sell the other 7 games for top-dollar to enemy fans. I will root for the other team from home. Until Rex Ryan is gone the rebuilding is delayed. I don't want to wait until 2015 for our ultimate "next Jets head coach" to blow it up and do it right; I want that done now.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    I agree.

Woody jumped the shark today. Next season is going to be ugly. The fans are going to have to do it, going to have to no-show like we did for Kotite. It's the only way to get Leon Hess II to stop looking like a horses-ass.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to think Herman Edwards had Woody Johnson fooled, but this guy takes the cake.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    Has it dawned on you yet that the owner of this team is a freaking moron?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.

Woody jumped the shark today. Next season is going to be ugly. The fans are going to have to do it, going to have to no-show like we did for Kotite. It's the only way to get Leon Hess II to stop looking like a horses-ass.

SAR I
    Wow. Can't believe you finally saw the light. Better late then never. Some people are just a little slow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I will sell the other 7 games for top-dollar to enemy fans.
    With all the schtick..this is where you troll, and cause me problems.

This is non-Jet, pure money grubbing idiotry.

You cant reconcile your fandom with statements like this no matter how hard you try.

You belie all your supposed passion for this team.

Period.

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.

SAR I
    so you are saying pay for tickets but dont show?

this ought to get really good from here on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    With all the schtick..this is where you troll, and cause me problems.

This is non-Jet, pure money grubbing idiotry.

You cant reconcile your fandom with statements like this no matter how hard you try.

You belie all your supposed passion for this team.

Period.

-
    I don't see it that way.

I've spend a lot of money on PSL's and am about to write a check for $5,000 for a 2013 team that I am very disappointed in. And in order for the Jets to get better Rex Ryan has to go. Add those things up, the best thing I can do as an unhappy 2013 Jets fan is a) get back some money and b) help the team lose.

Losing, in the short term, is the way to ensure success in the long term. If we go 2-14 next season, trust me, Woody Johnson will have to let Rex Ryan go. It's not our fault that we are smarter than our owner. We've got to do what we can to force his hand. That's my point of view, anyway.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so you are saying pay for tickets but dont show?

this ought to get really good from here on.

It's what naturally happens.

We all paid in 1996, and after a few weeks we all decided to sell the seats that we could and if they couldn't sell we sure as hell weren't going.

Leon Hess' absolute tipping point was when the stadium was 80% empty, fans were wearing bags on their heads, and he was getting ridiculed in his chummy country club NFL owner soirees. Woody Johnson is a socialite. He doesn't want endless humiliation.

Anyway, it's going to happen if the team is really bad and so many fans are already fed up with the current regime. People simply eat the money and don't show up.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Headline to Woody. You've lost SAR? This should cause rumblings from Florham Park to Hempstead. Who is next? SG3? Nah that's impossible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Wow. Can't believe you finally saw the light. Better late then never. Some people are just a little slow.
    Woody Johnson jumped the shark on NFL matters today, and it's not like he wasn't close to it before.

Woody Johnson has not jumped the shark on financial or geographical matters at all, still quite grateful for the new stadium and the PSL's that one day will have me crying tears of joy in my first row seats as I watch the Jets thrust the AFC Championship Trophy into the air enroute to the Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, that day just got pushed out a few years. And that sucks.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Has it dawned on you yet that the owner of this team is a freaking moron?
    As of today, football-wise, yes.

Financially, no. Geographically, no. We are a wealthy team in a good location in a new stadium that is well financed.

The only possibility that Woody Johnson is football-smart works under a whacky scenario so stupid I don't even want to type it:

It's called "Blow It Up Next Year, Not This Year". Goes like this: Woody's got too much money to give to Ryan by letting him go and doesn't want him to get a vacation on his dime after screwing things up so much. As such, he keeps him in place to ride the team down, gets the Sanchez contract out of the way, cleans out the coaching staff, gets a high draft pick. A year from now, Ryan resigns out of frustration and seeing his reputation destroyed, Scott Cohen is released as he is part of the Tannenbaum mess, and we get the #1 pick in the draft have a clean cap are attractive to GM's again and lock up Bill Cowher or another real football-man.

If I were the owner and I felt that 2013 was hopeless no matter who was running the show, it's a move that I might consider. Alas, you'll tell me I give Woody too much credit and I'll be forced to agree with you in light of today's nonsense.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of today, football-wise, yes.

The only possibility that Woody Johnson is football-smart works under a whacky scenario so stupid I don't even want to type it:

It's called "Blow It Up Next Year, Not This Year". Goes like this: Woody's got too much money to give to Ryan by letting him go and doesn't want him to get a vacation on his dime after screwing things up so much. As such, he keeps him in place to ride the team down, gets the Sanchez contract out of the way, cleans out the coaching staff, gets a high draft pick. A year from now, Ryan resigns out of frustration and seeing his reputation destroyed, Scott Cohen is released as he is part of the Tannenbaum mess, and we get the #1 pick in the draft have a clean cap are attractive to GM's again and lock up Bill Cowher or another real football-man.
    SAR I
    You are right. That is too stupid to print.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR still thinks Sanchez is the man so all other of his views are null and void.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan is responsible for the mess that is Mark Sanchez.

Since it seems Mark Sanchez is the biggest disaster the team faces, in your opinion, then clearly the man who scouted him, courted him, worked him out, fell in love with him, drafted him, started him, tattooed him, and eventually abandoned him is to blame.

We're doomed. Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    If only that happened. McE stepped in and beat the Cards by mistake. Eva's ex got beat by some bad teams. That and Rex had NO input on offense as is fair if not right.