Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 129

Thread: Sar, you win, I give in

  1. #81
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As of today, football-wise, yes.

    Financially, no. Geographically, no. We are a wealthy team in a good location in a new stadium that is well financed.

    The only possibility that Woody Johnson is football-smart works under a whacky scenario so stupid I don't even want to type it:

    It's called "Blow It Up Next Year, Not This Year". Goes like this: Woody's got too much money to give to Ryan by letting him go and doesn't want him to get a vacation on his dime after screwing things up so much. As such, he keeps him in place to ride the team down, gets the Sanchez contract out of the way, cleans out the coaching staff, gets a high draft pick. A year from now, Ryan resigns out of frustration and seeing his reputation destroyed, Scott Cohen is released as he is part of the Tannenbaum mess, and we get the #1 pick in the draft have a clean cap are attractive to GM's again and lock up Bill Cowher or another real football-man.

    If I were the owner and I felt that 2013 was hopeless no matter who was running the show, it's a move that I might consider. Alas, you'll tell me I give Woody too much credit and I'll be forced to agree with you in light of today's nonsense.

    SAR I
    LOL! What a joke you are. Bill Cowher, huh? You would have said the same thing about him in the late 90's when the Steelers hit a 3 year skid. "We need a new coach, time to rebuild, blah blah blah." Cowher didn't win a SB til his 14th year coaching. He also lost in conference championship games (at home!) and was a ground and pound guy as well. So you're saying you would have given Cowher time to get it right but not Rex?

  2. #82
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    SAR still thinks Sanchez is the man so all other of his views are null and void.
    SAR thinks Beerfish should learn to read so he doesn't say things that aren't true.

    SAR thinks Sanchez is worth a look next season because of how neglected the offense has been under Rex Ryan's watch. That's it. 30% chance he bounces back, 70% chance he doesn't.

    And if you wish to slam Mark Sanchez, go right ahead. But don't forget to slam Rex Ryan as Mark Sanchez is his baby. He scouted him, he courted him, he tested him, he drafted him, he started him. If Mark's a bust, it's Rex's Gholston, something to be very proud of in the Beerfish household it seems.

    SAR I

  3. #83
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    If only that happened. McE stepped in and beat the Cards by mistake. Eva's ex got beat by some bad teams. That and Rex had NO input on offense as is fair if not right.
    McE stepped in and had 29 yards passing, 15 yards of penalties.

    Stop the presses. Dan Marino right there.

    SAR I

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    McE stepped in and had 29 yards passing, 15 yards of penalties.

    Stop the presses. Dan Marino right there.

    SAR I
    Without that Sanchez loses that game. We don't need Marino. Just Dilfer.

    It IS ironic you mentioned the most overrated QB of all time.

  5. #85
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    LOL! What a joke you are. Bill Cowher, huh? You would have said the same thing about him in the late 90's when the Steelers hit a 3 year skid. "We need a new coach, time to rebuild, blah blah blah." Cowher didn't win a SB til his 14th year coaching. He also lost in conference championship games (at home!) and was a ground and pound guy as well. So you're saying you would have given Cowher time to get it right but not Rex?
    Who the hell are you and why do I care what you think?

    Bill Cowher made the playoffs 6 times in his first 6 seasons. Bill Cowher is also a great NFL coach. Rex Ryan sucks. Anyone can see this.

    And are you a Mark Sanchez fan by any chance? Funny that Rex Ryan apologists can't wait to give him "time to get it right" but not Mark Sanchez even though Mark Sanchez has more room to improve while Rex Ryan hit his ceiling in 2010.

    SAR I

  6. #86
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Without that Sanchez loses that game. We don't need Marino. Just Dilfer.
    Why? As bad as Mark was, he was good for 1 TD per game and that's all it took that night and it's all that McElroy got.

    That game didn't save our season. McElroy, true to Pennington form, got hurt from all the punishment that Sanchez never went down for in one measly game. Sanchez was taking those kinds of blows for two years.

    Look, if you think the Jets problems are all Mark Sanchez there's no point in continuing this tangent. Read the papers, listen to the radio, watch TV. Too much Jets Insider Agenda is getting to your head. We left Cortland with a pathetic offense, we suffered a season with a pathetic offense, the lack of depth and lack of tough playmakers left Sanchez weaponless and he collapsed. Not exactly rocket science here, not exactly a big question-mark as to why Sanchez didn't have a good year.

    SAR I

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Without that Sanchez loses that game. We don't need Marino. Just Dilfer.

    It IS ironic you mentioned the most overrated QB of all time.
    Sorry but this isn't 09/10 anymore. We need more than "Dilfer" to compete for a championship.

  8. #88
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why? As bad as Mark was, he was good for 1 TD per game and that's all it took that night and it's all that McElroy got.
    SAR I
    ....and at least 2-3 turnovers a game...

  9. #89
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Who the hell are you and why do I care what you think?

    Bill Cowher made the playoffs 6 times in his first 6 seasons. Bill Cowher is also a great NFL coach. Rex Ryan sucks. Anyone can see this.

    And are you a Mark Sanchez fan by any chance? Funny that Rex Ryan apologists can't wait to give him "time to get it right" but not Mark Sanchez even though Mark Sanchez has more room to improve while Rex Ryan hit his ceiling in 2010.

    SAR I
    You already know who I am. And you obviously care what I think because you replied to me.

    And you were the biggest Mark Sanchez supporter on this whole site. Now you're not. This is your whole shtick. You claim one thing then claim another while forgetting about what you supported before. You're a clown.

    BTW selling your seats to fans of opposing teams? That's a ***** move. No real fan would ever do that.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Cant wait". The problem is you not wanting to face the truth. Rex Ryan is an embarrasment.
    Last edited by TechJet; 01-09-2013 at 01:19 AM.

  11. #91
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm sorry.

    It was actually the first time I wanted to be wrong. SAR doesn't win; we all lose.

    Rex Ryan is The Devil.

    SAR I
    Why can't he be defensive coordinator, we get Chuckie for O and Polian for GM? It could work

  12. #92
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Look, if you think the Jets problems are all Mark Sanchez there's no point in continuing this tangent. Read the papers, listen to the radio, watch TV. Too much Jets Insider Agenda is getting to your head. We left Cortland with a pathetic offense, we suffered a season with a pathetic offense, the lack of depth and lack of tough playmakers left Sanchez weaponless and he collapsed. Not exactly rocket science here, not exactly a big question-mark as to why Sanchez didn't have a good year.

    SAR I
    True, BUT....

    He still makes very slow decisions, he telegraphs everything, he needs a REAL offensive Coordinator, but he is definitely functional, and beyond functional. I would rather have someone else, but .... He can win and he's not the problem. His weapons are, because we need a bad ass running back like Lacy from Bama, Chuckie to coordinate and Polian to pick, and we'll be in the SB in 2 years. With Rex at Defense Coordinator... Trust that. spend the money Woody, check my posts, I know...
    Last edited by SCITSCAT; 01-09-2013 at 02:03 AM.

  13. #93
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Just keep repeating that in -24 hours, Rex will be gone. Because when you say it, it happens.
    They just need to keep repeating...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6VT7ciR1o

  14. #94
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody really believe a word Rex Ryann says anymore? He's been promising "change" ever since he was hired- it happened and now it's time for change again- a kind that Rex cannot comprehend, much less provide.

    However, I am one of the most ardent Giant haters on this board and nothing makes me happier than seeing them lose- SAR has rarely said anything positive about the Jets but he sure says "Go Yankees" and hates on the Mets a lot- he needs to fess up and admit the Giants are really his team.

    I'm extremely uneasy about going forward with Sanchez as the starter- I truly think his time is up, but can the Jets please cut Teblow already??? If they're both still on the roster in August, you can bank on us going 2-14. I would love it if it didn't have to get to that point for Woody to finally realize that MAJOR changes need to be made.

  15. #95
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is my view that anyone who believes that Mark Sanchez, the worst QB in the NFL the past four years, an inaccurate passer who regularly fails to see or complete passes to open recievers, who is incappable of reading either pressure or coverage, and who leads the NFL in turnovers, anyone who truly believes that this player should be our 2013 #1 QB simply cannot be taken seriously as a judge of NFL talent.

    The only legitimate argument in defense of retaining (not playing) Mark Sanchez for 2013 is a fiscal argument.

    There is no legitimate on-field argument for support of Mark Sanchez as our starter for 2013.

    Rex deserves much of the criticism laid down upon him, but Rex is not, and has never been, the cause of Sanchez's failngs ON the field. His inaccuracy. His inabillity to hit open men. His inabillity to feel pressure. His inabillity to throw it away or make good decisions. His inabillity to not throw INT's or hold onto the ball when hit. All of these failings are on Mark Sanchez, and Mark Sanchez alone.

    I can understand and appreciate a desire to fire Rex Ryan.

    I will never understand the deflection fo responsabillity and excuse making for the uncontested worst QB in the NFL over the past four years, a QB who was carried, literally, by his team at every turn, and who has proven himself, over four full NFL seasons, to be what he is. A complete bust.

  16. #96
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It is my view that anyone who believes that Mark Sanchez, the worst QB in the NFL the past four years, an inaccurate passer who regularly fails to see or complete passes to open recievers, who is incappable of reading either pressure or coverage, and who leads the NFL in turnovers, anyone who truly believes that this player should be our 2013 #1 QB simply cannot be taken seriously as a judge of NFL talent.

    The only legitimate argument in defense of retaining (not playing) Mark Sanchez for 2013 is a fiscal argument.

    There is no legitimate on-field argument for support of Mark Sanchez as our starter for 2013.

    Rex deserves much of the criticism laid down upon him, but Rex is not, and has never been, the cause of Sanchez's failngs ON the field. His inaccuracy. His inabillity to hit open men. His inabillity to feel pressure. His inabillity to throw it away or make good decisions. His inabillity to not throw INT's or hold onto the ball when hit. All of these failings are on Mark Sanchez, and Mark Sanchez alone.

    I can understand and appreciate a desire to fire Rex Ryan.

    I will never understand the deflection fo responsabillity and excuse making for the uncontested worst QB in the NFL over the past four years, a QB who was carried, literally, by his team at every turn, and who has proven himself, over four full NFL seasons, to be what he is. A complete bust.
    I stand in awe of your post. Spot on appraisal of Sanchez and his remaining supporters.

  17. #97
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It is my view that anyone who believes that Mark Sanchez, the worst QB in the NFL the past four years, an inaccurate passer who regularly fails to see or complete passes to open recievers, who is incappable of reading either pressure or coverage, and who leads the NFL in turnovers, anyone who truly believes that this player should be our 2013 #1 QB simply cannot be taken seriously as a judge of NFL talent.

    The only legitimate argument in defense of retaining (not playing) Mark Sanchez for 2013 is a fiscal argument.

    There is no legitimate on-field argument for support of Mark Sanchez as our starter for 2013.

    Rex deserves much of the criticism laid down upon him, but Rex is not, and has never been, the cause of Sanchez's failngs ON the field. His inaccuracy. His inabillity to hit open men. His inabillity to feel pressure. His inabillity to throw it away or make good decisions. His inabillity to not throw INT's or hold onto the ball when hit. All of these failings are on Mark Sanchez, and Mark Sanchez alone.

    I can understand and appreciate a desire to fire Rex Ryan.

    I will never understand the deflection fo responsabillity and excuse making for the uncontested worst QB in the NFL over the past four years, a QB who was carried, literally, by his team at every turn, and who has proven himself, over four full NFL seasons, to be what he is. A complete bust.
    I agree, totally - there's no defending Sanchez at this point. He hasn't been the same QB since Baltimore last year. And I was, up until about the middle of this year, a Sanchez supporter. I kept thinking he'd get back on track.

    But what bothers me is, why the change? He wasn't spectacular in years 1 & 2, but he stepped it up down the stretch and in the playoffs. He seemed to be ahead of the curve, especially for a guy thrown right to the wolves after a limited number of college starts and with no true vet 'mentor' on the sidelines (I liked Brunell more than most in his time with Jax, but I can't argue he's the guy you want to 'groom' a Sanchez-type rookie, and before him he had Kellen Clemens as the 'veteran' backup). He was making better decisions then than he is now, and he was more accurate overall, and especially on the screens/short outs out of the backfield. I never felt he had a great pocket awareness, hoped that would come, he never seemed to 'feel' backside pressure, and it seemed to me he got the ball batted more than most all along - but I thought those were things QBs learned over time, things that you didn't necessarily need to know, or need to know as well to succeed in college.

    I thought he was a good QB playing badly last year. But that all went up in smoke this year. The guy was just bad. As you said, bad decisions, no accuracy, no sense for teh defense and what I find just inexcusable, inability to protect the ball in his hands. His hands seem to just open and release the ball on contact, as if it's a knee-jerk reaction. Running into Moore's butt was a bad joke, but I'll never know how he fumbled a ball that he had cradled in his arm on contact.

  18. #98
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why? As bad as Mark was, he was good for 1 TD per game and that's all it took that night and it's all that McElroy got.

    That game didn't save our season. McElroy, true to Pennington form, got hurt from all the punishment that Sanchez never went down for in one measly game. Sanchez was taking those kinds of blows for two years.

    Look, if you think the Jets problems are all Mark Sanchez there's no point in continuing this tangent. Read the papers, listen to the radio, watch TV. Too much Jets Insider Agendais getting to your head. We left Cortland with a pathetic offense, we suffered a season with a pathetic offense, the lack of depth and lack of tough playmakers left Sanchez weaponless and he collapsed. Not exactly rocket science here, not exactly a big question-mark as to why Sanchez didn't have a good year.

    SAR I
    Style points. That is all. Debate Club was over in High School. In order to convince someone you have to believe it yourself. Agenda? I call it trolling. Enjoy your session.

  19. #99
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Ohh, internet tough guy. First of all, if we ever meet, you're not gonna do anything. You think you will, but you won't. And if you did, it wouldn't end well for you. Don't be mad because I called it as I saw it. I've been a Jet fan for the same time you've had tickets. I want a SB more than anyone, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna cry like a little girl about a ****ing PRESS CONFERENCE, where nothing happened except the coach and owner answering questions. But you, like many other Jet fans, have Patriot envy. You want your SB and you want it now, and you want change every year until it happens. Doesn't work that way. Like Warfish, I applaud stability, and believe that changing regimes every four years does far more harm than good. Stop lisenting to talk radio and the media and try to see things from a realistic perspective. Ddi you want Rex fired two years ago? Bet you didn't. So what changed? Try to answer the question without sounding like a studio gangsta. Threats in real life don't faze me so I'm definitely not gonna worry about a threat on an internet message board.
    When I was driving to work this morning I saw a huge sale going on hair gel. PM me for the address.

  20. #100
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It is my view that anyone who believes that Mark Sanchez, the worst QB in the NFL the past four years, an inaccurate passer who regularly fails to see or complete passes to open recievers, who is incappable of reading either pressure or coverage, and who leads the NFL in turnovers, anyone who truly believes that this player should be our 2013 #1 QB simply cannot be taken seriously as a judge of NFL talent.

    The only legitimate argument in defense of retaining (not playing) Mark Sanchez for 2013 is a fiscal argument.

    There is no legitimate on-field argument for support of Mark Sanchez as our starter for 2013.

    Rex deserves much of the criticism laid down upon him, but Rex is not, and has never been, the cause of Sanchez's failngs ON the field.
    I disagree totally that Rex is blameless for Sanchez's onfield play. First of all it was Rex as coach that anointed Sanchez the starter as a rookie when he was no way experienced enough to be so at that point. Then when he started to make the inevitable mistakes Rex implemented this insane color coded system on what risks to take.

    In my mind Rex implored Sanchez so much to be safe, not take chances and check down then what inevitably happens? That which you are trying the hardest to prevent starts to occur.

    To me Ryan totally played with Sanchez's head and that is the reason for Sanchez's on field failings. He has the physical ability. His head is just now totally screwed up to play the position. How is that not on Rex?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us