Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sar, you win, I give in

This is bull sh*t, WE ALL WIN!! And you'll see too.

Rex Ryan is going to be surrounded with HIS people once and for all. Everything that he wants but he still will not have say on personnel matters or drafting. That will be left up to our new GM.

This team already has the pieces in place to be a very good team. With a little knowledge of talent from our new GM we could easily build a decent enough offense to get into the playoffs next season. In two seasons? Who knows?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is bull sh*t, WE ALL WIN!! And you'll see too.

Rex Ryan is going to be surrounded with HIS people once and for all. Everything that he wants but he still will not have say on personnel matters or drafting. That will be left up to our new GM.

This team already has the pieces in place to be a very good team. With a little knowledge of talent from our new GM we could easily build a decent enough offense to get into the playoffs next season. In two seasons? Who knows?

I don't need to know the answer to the "playoffs". One season, two seasons? You wish.

It'll take 2-3 years after Rex Ryan is fired to get back to the playoffs. Talk to me in 2017 and apologize to us then. We are a joke.

SAR I

All Pro
    Usually failed would-be entertainers make a farewell announcement / appearance and fade from the spotlights gracefully

SOJFs do it at least once every thread saying how they are done with this team, finito

Yet return for encores

although noone's flicking their Bics asking for them

Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-09-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

I don't need to know the answer to the "playoffs". One season, two seasons? You wish.

It'll take 2-3 years after Rex Ryan is fired to get back to the playoffs. Talk to me in 2017 and apologize to us then. We are a joke.

SAR I
    We may sneak into a playoffs or two, but I think it'll be 2-3 years after Woody is gone (either literally or finally just becomes the figurehead he should be) until we do anything meaningful in the playoffs again.

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    I agree, totally - there's no defending Sanchez at this point. He hasn't been the same QB since Baltimore last year. And I was, up until about the middle of this year, a Sanchez supporter. I kept thinking he'd get back on track.

But what bothers me is, why the change? He wasn't spectacular in years 1 & 2, but he stepped it up down the stretch and in the playoffs. He seemed to be ahead of the curve, especially for a guy thrown right to the wolves after a limited number of college starts and with no true vet 'mentor' on the sidelines (I liked Brunell more than most in his time with Jax, but I can't argue he's the guy you want to 'groom' a Sanchez-type rookie, and before him he had Kellen Clemens as the 'veteran' backup). He was making better decisions then than he is now, and he was more accurate overall, and especially on the screens/short outs out of the backfield. I never felt he had a great pocket awareness, hoped that would come, he never seemed to 'feel' backside pressure, and it seemed to me he got the ball batted more than most all along - but I thought those were things QBs learned over time, things that you didn't necessarily need to know, or need to know as well to succeed in college.

I thought he was a good QB playing badly last year. But that all went up in smoke this year. The guy was just bad. As you said, bad decisions, no accuracy, no sense for teh defense and what I find just inexcusable, inability to protect the ball in his hands. His hands seem to just open and release the ball on contact, as if it's a knee-jerk reaction. Running into Moore's butt was a bad joke, but I'll never know how he fumbled a ball that he had cradled in his arm on contact.
    this is the best Sanchez post I have read on this site.

It should immediately be placed in every Sanchez thread as the closer.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    When I was driving to work this morning I saw a huge sale going on hair gel. PM me for the address.
    Guess you know all about hair gel sales, don't you?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Polian for GM
    Now, that's the ticket...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm convinced that Rex has been the puppet master of this entire failure of a regime from day 1. How in the world does this man fail THIS bad and manage to get everyone but himself fired?

Say what you will about SAR, but he's spot on with Rex. As much as we don't like Sanchez, he is merely a symptom of a much larger problem. Until we are rid of Rex, this organization will be a failure.
    Think about this statement.... This has happened with just about every coach Woody has brought in. It's not going to change.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    We may sneak into a playoffs or two, but I think it'll be 2-3 years after Woody is gone (either literally or finally just becomes the figurehead he should be) until we do anything meaningful in the playoffs again.
    So we're "doomed" until Woody is no longer our owner? No chance of improvement or meaningful success, eh?

I can't imagaine being so thoroughly depressingly pessimistic, given the track record thus far of Woody's ownership tenure.

If I were you Isi, I'd keep away from sharp objects. We like you round here, we'd hate for you to do anything rash...

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Teng Fei View Post
    Now, that's the ticket...!!!
    If the ticket's stamped 1990 it sure is. Polian is done just like Parcells , the games changed and passed them by.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I disagree totally that Rex is blameless for Sanchez's onfield play. First of all it was Rex as coach that anointed Sanchez the starter as a rookie when he was no way experienced enough to be so at that point. Then when he started to make the inevitable mistakes Rex implemented this insane color coded system on what risks to take.

In my mind Rex implored Sanchez so much to be safe, not take chances and check down then what inevitably happens? That which you are trying the hardest to prevent starts to occur.

To me Ryan totally played with Sanchez's head and that is the reason for Sanchez's on field failings. He has the physical ability. His head is just now totally screwed up to play the position. How is that not on Rex?
    I agree his head is screwed up and point to a similiar reason , last year Sanchez took a beating , there were a number of games he got slammed Balt, Oak, to name a few . I believe two things happened , one Sanchez was playing hurt and the coaching staff mandated he stay in the pocket and take sacks as opposed to extending the pocket and making plays by running.

The evidence is startling,just look at film of Sanchez's first two seasons , he consistently would rollout, escape the pocket and run when lanes were open. The past two seasons he wouldn't even attempt a fake to clear the pocket. I believe he got banged up so the CS said stay in the pocket and take an "easy" sack if pressure comes. Bottom line the CS had no choice but to protect him - who were his backups (Brunell, Tebow, MCelory) .

But given these "restrictions" Sanchez tried to do too much , he would force balls into traffic and throw late flatfooted when a simple rollout and throw from the run could have been much better. Compound this with a OL which had its issues the past two years and a WR group that needed a Garmin to run their routes and I can see why he was terrible.

I'm not saying he's not to blame at all, his decision making with throws and ball protection was atrocious, I mean in reality if he played the way I believe the CS wanted him to he would have turned in performances like MCElroy against SD, 8-10 sacks /gm with a lower amount of picks . Bottom line this offense was putrid and Sanchez pressed too much within his limitations.

Get a new OC in here, who alwlows the QB to play aggressively, no more sitting duck in pocket , get a backup who can play , so that they're not deadly afraid of Sanchez getting hurt. And get some Wr's who belong on an NFL roster ( not Schilens, Gilyard, Gates) and let's see what happens. Bottom line Sanchez is here next year , give him the best opportunity to succeed, if he still fails he's gone the following year.

Its obvious that the only hope for this franchise would have been the firing of BOTH Tannenbaum and Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Its just depressing. Im going to lay off posting for awhile and just read the board. Theres no hope until 2014 the earliest. Be good fellas.
    Sadly but True.. and its not Rex's fault.. Mark Sanchez and MT conspired to destroy the Jets.. "Hey Mike give you a contract extension that the Jets will not be able to cut me loose from and I will promise to be the worst qb in the NFL for my last 2 years in the league that even Rex's D will not even save them..Will split the $ with you and retire with you after buying a beach condo in southern cali in 2014"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LOL

Jets fans are the whiniest bunch of pussies on earth.

It's not easy to win games in the NFL.
    The Giants missed the freaking playoffs & look at their offensive players compared to the Jets?
    This season sucked, but things happen for a Miriad of reasons. Injuries, bad QB play, new systems, ect.
    Did anyone think that our special teams would be so bad with Westy coaching them?
    Maybe the best thing that has happened is that more of the Parcells disciples, are out of the building.
    Rex has a pretty big ego but he's earned it. His scheme he used in 2010, befuddled the best QB & coach combo in the history of this game.
    But what had Tanny really done to glow in the spotlight of Hardknocks?
    What did Pettine ever prove to act so cocksure in his press conferences? Hell, the 1st time Rex loosened the reigns for Pettine he was actually a pretty bad defensive caller.
    Rex is coaching for his future in 2013 & he knows it. It was common knowledge throughout the league that the Jets had the worst offensive personnel in the league, so why is it so surprising that we ended up 6-10?
    We play in a division that has the Patriots, which for 90% of this league would be an automatic 2 losses for the season.
    We all agree that you can't win without a QB, well we had the worst.
    So, you lose your top WR, one of the best defenders in the league & your QB stinks, that's a losing season for any coach in this league.
    We could have Vince Lombarrdi or BB for that matter, but if our starting QB is Mark Sanchez we wouldn't win anyway.
    Over in the NFC you had people blabbing that Frazier should be considered for coach of the year, lol, what? Adrian Peterson carried that entire team on his back!
    It's mostly about the talent! We need to draft MORE TALENT!
    Go Jets! Go new GM, good luck to him, lets hope he gets extremely lucky in the next 2 drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

HEY! I'm a very acceptant *****.

Rookie
    LOL

Pussies are those hiding behind the keyboard acting tough and calling people names. How about you go to a bar after a Jets loss and call people pussies in front of their face? I don't think you have the balls internet tough guy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Pussies are those hiding behind the keyboard acting tough and calling people names. How about you go to a bar after a Jets loss and call people pussies in front of their face? I don't think you have the balls internet tough guy.
    So he's an "Internet Tough Guy" for pointing out that Jets Fans whine incessantly and hate everyone currently employed by or playing for the team, and generally adopt a "we're doomed, why bother, it's all going to fail anyway" mentallity?

But you, who escalate his point to threats of physical violence and implied assault based on an opinion on the internet, are not?

Got it. Thanks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Yes, whiny pussies.

Jets have gotten rid of Tanny

Jets have gotten rid of Shades & Cavanaugh

Rex has vowed to take a more aggressive offensive approach

Jets are in the process of interviewing several highly qualified GM candidates

Guys like Norv Turner are being considered as the new OC

A new QB is most likely being brought in even if Sanchez remains on the roster

And despite all of this, what's the widespread reaction on here?

WAAAAAAHHHHH!!

The Jets didn't get rid of Rex!

WAAAAAAAHHH!!

We've known that he's going to return for the past week now, but still!

WAAAAAHHH!!

God help me, I'm actually starting to agree with Ray Ray.

The media has most of you eating out of the palm of their hand and pissing and moaning even when positive things are starting to happen to this team.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-10-2013 at 11:56 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend

The media has most of you eating out of the palm of their hand and pissing and moaning even when positives things are starting to happen to this team.
    "Things are going to start happening for me now."

--Navin R. Johnson

SAR I