Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sar, you win, I give in

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Pussies are those hiding behind the keyboard acting tough and calling people names. How about you go to a bar after a Jets loss and call people pussies in front of their face? I don't think you have the balls internet tough guy.
    U mad bro? All he did was the same thing I did in another thread, call out the chicken littles for the crap they're saying. If it walks like a ***** and qucks like a *****, then...you know.

No need to take it personally, he wasn't calling YOU a *****. But hey, if the shoe fits...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So he's an "Internet Tough Guy" for pointing out that Jets Fans whine incessantly and hate everyone currently employed by or playing for the team, and generally adopt a "we're doomed, why bother, it's all going to fail anyway" mentallity?

But you, who escalate his point to threats of physical violence and implied assault based on an opinion on the internet, are not?

Got it. Thanks.
    I didn't threat anyone. All I'm saying is that he wouldn't dare to call Jet fans pussies in real life so I don't think he should do it here. This is a discussion board and people have the right to express their opinions without being called names. How about I call you guys all pussies for not standing up to management?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pussies are those hiding behind the keyboard acting tough and calling people names. How about you go to a bar after a Jets loss and call people pussies in front of their face? I don't think you have the balls internet tough guy.
    People are upset on both sides, and with the team in seeming disarray, they're going to vent - and their venting is going to bother some, and the fact that it bothers some is going to bother some - you get the idea. If you're a bit thin-skinned, it may be best to lurk, or stay away from the boards in a time like this. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
    Last edited by isired; 01-10-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't threat anyone. All I'm saying is that he wouldn't dare to call Jet fans pussies in real life so I don't think he should do it here. This is a discussion board and people have the right to express their opinions without being called names. How about I call you guys all pussies for not standing up to management?

How do you know he wouldn't dare. Maybe he's 6'8 and 280 lbs and can spit you out of a straw if he felt inclined. That's just it, its the internet you have to take everything you read with a grain of salt, some posters are here just to rustle feathers. Others are here simply looking for information, others just enjoy the banter on Jets football.

If you have a problem with someone ignore them , but don't get bent out of shape by someone making a general statement that's not even directed at you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, whiny pussies.

Jets have gotten rid of Tanny

Jets have gotten rid of Shades & Cavanaugh

Rex has vowed to take a more aggressive offensive approach

Jets are in the process of interviewing several highly qualified GM candidates

Guys like Norv Turner are being considered as the new OC

A new QB is most likely being brought in even if Sanchez remains on the roster

And despite all of this, what's the widespread reaction on here?

WAAAAAAHHHHH!!

The Jets didn't get rid of Rex!

WAAAAAAAHHH!!

We've known that he's going to return for the past week now, but still!

WAAAAAHHH!!

God help me, I'm actually starting to agree with Ray Ray.

The media has most of you eating out of the palm of their hand and pissing and moaning even when positive things are starting to happen to this team.
    Maybe some people who have been rooting for the team since the 1970's are pissed off that, yet again, the Jets have crapped the bed and reverted back to their typical form. Glimpses of greatness, followed by losing, followed by public humiliation and more Lombardi's being raised in our own stadium by another team.

How dare we, the season ticket holders for a third of a century, be frustrated that the last time the team was IN the Superbowl- NOT WON, BUT JUST A CONTENDER- was 1969?

I can't think of there being a better example of not being a ***** than having attended almost every single one of the games in the past 20 years of my life, save for 4 years of college. I know my old man and 7 of his buddies have been there for going on 33 straight years, probably can count on one hand how many he's missed in that time frame. Building fires in trashcans and sitting in freezing cold rain til the clock ran out.

If I wanted the easy way out, I'd sign up during the Testaverde and Parcells years and then tell others in times like these about how it's always darkest before the dawn. I'd remind people about how great our future's going to be because our head coach with a loud mouth and a barely winning record says we're going to be a mean contender, again.

And I'll end with this. Back in the day, before PSL's and before the Internet, this stuff got worked out between two men in the seats. 99/100 times it doesn't come to physicality because it's fcking stupid to question someone else's fanhood who's sitting next to you in those conditions. Then again, you probably have no idea what that is like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stay out of the hampur all of you. Everything will be fine . Rex won back all my confidence at that presser. Give him an extension now to really shove it to the media.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to sacrifice

There is some truth that PSL holders have a vested interest in having the Jets succeed. The product is not a success. I think defense is good and much credit goes to Rex. He's not head coach material if all he knows how to do is harvest defense. I hope Norv Turner comes in. If not, Rex act will get old come the end of this coming season. We'll see if Rex can step up his game or have the right leaders to command the troops. Mark Sanchez is probably a bottom 5 starting QB in the NFL. I hope that eats at him and studies like heck to at least be mediocre. I just want him to play like Vinny Testaverde. Is that too much to ask? I don't jump ship...just hope the captain has his hands on the steering wheel as fans like me fear we may be going in circles and not reaching our destination of a Superbowl berth.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Norv Turner chose the Browns. He chose the Clevland Browns.

Is anyone else getting the vibe that nobody wants to come here and deal with Rex' circus?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Hustle View Post
    Norv Turner chose the Browns. He chose the Clevland Browns.

Is anyone else getting the vibe that nobody wants to come here and deal with Rex' circus?
    Good move by Rex publically trashing Norv to the media .. An established, real HC would definitely pull a stunt like that!