Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sar, you win, I give in

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Gullible? Weak minded? LOL Look in the mirror.

It's bad enough the head coach has Woody Johnson fooled; don't let him mock you too. The reason the media is piling-on Rex Ryan is because it's deserved. You know, sometimes the media gets it right no matter what Rex Ryan's sexy thighs tell you.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    Wrong, SAR. I can see what Woody is doing. He see's a coach who sees what his faults are and is fixing it. He sees a coach who has had ONE year of good QB play...a year that resulted in 11 wins and two playoff wins. He sees that if the offense is fixed, this team will be in the playoffs again. He is trying to install stability in this organization, something that has been in short supply for this franchise. The media is piling on Rex because he has allowed it to happen (something I do fault him for). We make fun of Bellicheat for many deserved reasons, but the hooded cheater is correct in how he handles the media. You just so happen to have an agenda, and like always, you stick with it until it's proven to be wrong (at which point you act like it never happened...i.e. Matt Leinart).

One of us will be proven wrong this time next year. Talk to me then.

I have to agree with Sar as well.

I think I heard this on the radio today and it rings true. Rex is staying because he is really the face of the franchise. I think Woody is holding on tightly to those back pages.

When you fire the GM, The OC, the QB coach, then the DC leaves there is a widespread problem in the organization.

This was supposed to be a Five Easy Pieces clean sweep of the entire organization. It made sense. Rex and Tanny (and Woody) ran this team into the ground in the four years they have been here.

I normally don't believe in firing coaches left and right, and I want the Jets to have stability, but the offseason leading up to the 2012 season was so poorly managed and the team was so poorly coached I think it had to be done. It makes sense, 2013 is really going to be just as bad as 2012. Why have a lame duck coach that everyone will scrutinize. Bring in a new front office, new coaches and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    B.S. you don't want to see rex succeed in NY. just like fatso on the FAN, everything that comes out of your mouth is a negative remark about rex ryan. if it's not about football, then it's a shot at his wife, etc. etc.
    +1 Francesa is so full hate, it's almost pathetic. SAR is just a clown not to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Ohh, internet tough guy. First of all, if we ever meet, you're not gonna do anything. You think you will, but you won't. And if you did, it wouldn't end well for you. Don't be mad because I called it as I saw it. I've been a Jet fan for the same time you've had tickets. I want a SB more than anyone, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna cry like a little girl about a ****ing PRESS CONFERENCE, where nothing happened except the coach and owner answering questions. But you, like many other Jet fans, have Patriot envy. You want your SB and you want it now, and you want change every year until it happens. Doesn't work that way. Like Warfish, I applaud stability, and believe that changing regimes every four years does far more harm than good. Stop lisenting to talk radio and the media and try to see things from a realistic perspective. Ddi you want Rex fired two years ago? Bet you didn't. So what changed? Try to answer the question without sounding like a studio gangsta. Threats in real life don't faze me so I'm definitely not gonna worry about a threat on an internet message board.
    I forgot to mention one other thing from your first post....you are right, the Jets don't derserve me, you or any loyal fans who put our $, blood and tears into this team. I am all for stability, but at what cost? Keeping people in a postion that they are not qualified for is not stability, it's stupidity. You learn alot more about a person when things are not going well than when they are going good. The last two years Rex has been lost...he even admitted he lost his team, for gosh sakes. It has nothing to do about today's press conference, per say, but the entire way he carries himself. This guy is the "Face" of our team, need I say more? I don't know if you have children(I hope you do), but today felt like a parent(Woody) who needed to punish a child(Rex), but lets the child decide the punishment. When you are a leader, you are judged on the decisions you make, and the ones that Rex has made the last two years have been brutal. I just don't think the Jets are going in the right direction as long as he is here. I didn't mean for us to get off on the wrong foot, but so many LOYAL jets fans, myself included , are just fed up with Rex's lack of ever taking responsibility for anything. We are not weak, we are just fed up. If anything, we've all become Jet zombies.
    Last edited by section314; 01-08-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Jets Insider VIP
    I used to think Herman Edwards had Woody Johnson fooled, but this guy takes the cake.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    Hmmmmmm Herman Edwards was a better HC than Rex....

Rex has had unlimited power and he has steadily dismantled the talent on this team!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    You also said Herm Edwards was the devil too.
    The theme is every NY Jet coach is the devil until they win us a championship. Which is said because while the last two years have sucked royally, not many were complaining when the Jets were kicking ass in the playoffs.

You guys aren't actually giving up in the way of changing teams, you're just frustrated at the lack of progress and the utter embarrassment it is to be a Jet fan. I understand that as a fellow fan, but to say you give up is sorta lame.

All League
    Ohh, internet tough guy. First of all, if we ever meet, you're not gonna do anything. You think you will, but you won't. And if you did, it wouldn't end well for you. Don't be mad because I called it as I saw it. I've been a Jet fan for the same time you've had tickets. I want a SB more than anyone, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna cry like a little girl about a ****ing PRESS CONFERENCE, where nothing happened except the coach and owner answering questions. But you, like many other Jet fans, have Patriot envy. You want your SB and you want it now, and you want change every year until it happens. Doesn't work that way. Like Warfish, I applaud stability, and believe that changing regimes every four years does far more harm than good. Stop lisenting to talk radio and the media and try to see things from a realistic perspective. Ddi you want Rex fired two years ago? Bet you didn't. So what changed? Try to answer the question without sounding like a studio gangsta. Threats in real life don't faze me so I'm definitely not gonna worry about a threat on an internet message board.
    Stability is not changing both coordinators and the GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Yeah!

And if Mark Sanchez has the highest passer rating in the NFL next year, what then, huh? What then?

We'll have an All-Pro quarterback, that's what! Look out, Patriots. We're smoking crystal meth!!!
    LOL...hahahahahah Now that was FUNNY!!

I agree with SAR I

Gullible? Weak minded? LOL Look in the mirror.

It's bad enough the head coach has Woody Johnson fooled; don't let him mock you too. The reason the media is piling-on Rex Ryan is because it's deserved. You know, sometimes the media gets it right no matter what Rex Ryan's sexy thighs tell you.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

I am with you too now SAR I. Today was the most frustrating and depressed I have felt about this team. Even during the lousy Kotite years, there was hope that change was coming and Bill P. saved our team. After hearing that Rex is treating this like he is a rookie head coach again and he gets to start over, I feel hopeless about this team. For the first time, I am not excited about the offseason and next season. I do not care anymore. You were correct the whole time SAR I. I am joining the FIRE REX RYAN club now.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Maybe Woody Johnson is just a dimwit who is easily fooled and manipulated.
    Frankly, I think the man merely knows three things:

1. He doesn't know anything about football.
    2. He knows the Jets are a bad team for a few years at least.
    3. He believes Rex can make noise to get attention and sell tickets.

If that isn't the rationale, we are in enormous trouble.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    B.S. you don't want to see rex succeed in NY. just like fatso on the FAN, everything that comes out of your mouth is a negative remark about rex ryan. if it's not about football, then it's a shot at his wife, etc. etc.
    YOu have a personal thing with Rex? Stop projecting.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Again I ask you and the rest of the dump Rex clan, what if we become a 10 or 11 win team. Do you still dump Rex ?
    Yes.

Because we saw Rex have a 9 win and an 11 win team and then ruin the whole thing with a very arrogant take on his roster. Got rid of tough players and leaders, replaced them with soft players and projects.

So if Rex somehow pulls a genie out of a bottle and Brady gets hurt and we eke out a 10 win wildcard all it means is that we're another year removed from the ultimate goal.

Remember, this guy went to three consecutive AFC Championship Games and had a team that was completely unprepared (especially the defense) all three times. So you ask yourself, if he isn't good in the regular season (fact) and is good only in the first two rounds of the playoffs (fact) and can't get a team to the Super Bowl, what the hell is the point anyway?

SAR I

Today merely confirmed what most rational and real fans know. There is no hope for this team under Rex Ryan and his band of fools. I doubt that a new GM is going to fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sar....and Francessa...are both right about Rex.

You dont have to like it...hell...I dont like it.

But they are right.

Charming buffoon who has found a mark in Woody Johnson.

-
    We'll see, like it or not.

You'll forgive me, I hope, if I don't hop on the "We're doomed" train for 2013 on Jan. 8th, before we hire a GM, an O-Co or make any personel moves.

I'll feel alot better about our chances if we caqn shake loose Mark Sanchez. I'll take a staff full of Rex's over one Mark at QB.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Wrong, SAR. I can see what Woody is doing. He see's a coach who sees what his faults are and is fixing it. He sees a coach who has had ONE year of good QB play...a year that resulted in 11 wins and two playoff wins. He sees that if the offense is fixed, this team will be in the playoffs again. He is trying to install stability in this organization, something that has been in short supply for this franchise. The media is piling on Rex because he has allowed it to happen (something I do fault him for). We make fun of Bellicheat for many deserved reasons, but the hooded cheater is correct in how he handles the media.

One of us will be proven wrong this time next year. Talk to me then.
    I want you to play back Rex Ryan's press conference at the end of last season.

It will sound amazingly familiar to you. It will sound just like today. Lots of rah-rah "we're going to be a tough team" bluster, an apology for not being a "complete coach", and even the "I need to put more 'me' on this team" act.

Woody Johnson is doing one of two things:

1. Keeping Rex Ryan around because he's under contract and knows we're going to suck and doesn't want to spend the money to give him a two-year paid vacation.

2. Losing his mind.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    +1 Francesa is so full hate, it's almost pathetic. SAR is just a clown not to be taken seriously.
    For the past three seasons, Mike Francesa has been very fair and objective when talking about the Jets.

Today, Mike Francesa was very fair and objective when talking about the Jets. And if you listened to the show, you'd see that no less than 100 Jets fans called in to tell him that they agreed with what he was saying and that Woody Johnson has lost it.

This charming forum with it's 30 regulars going round in circles is nice, but to hear what's going on in the big picture, WFAN and Mike Francesa is where you want to be. Millions of Jets fans are out of their minds today. You think it's a great day. Nothing more need be said.

SAR I

Yes.

Because we saw Rex have a 9 win and an 11 win team and then ruin the whole thing with a very arrogant take on his roster. Got rid of tough players and leaders, replaced them with soft players and projects.

So if Rex somehow pulls a genie out of a bottle and Brady gets hurt and we eke out a 10 win wildcard all it means is that we're another year removed from the ultimate goal.

Remember, this guy went to three consecutive AFC Championship Games and had a team that was completely unprepared (especially the defense) all three times. So you ask yourself, if he isn't good in the regular season (fact) and is good only in the first two rounds of the playoffs (fact) and can't get a team to the Super Bowl, what the hell is the point anyway?

SAR I
    And this is the key point. Rex's specialty is defense and the defense is what failed us in both championship games, especially in Pitt. On top of that, after four years, he realized he needs to change his offensive philosophy? I'm actually laughing as I type this.

Everyone agrees that the Ravens are one of the best run franchises. They passed on Rex after he coached there for years. Now add that to what we have experienced.

I may implode, Bossman.

It's bad enough our owner has been bamboozled by our head coach; but all these Jets fans too? Do they not hear what they are being sold?

Three weeks ago we had hope. Hope that Rex would be gone and that we'd get things righted starting immediately.

Last week we had hope. Though Woody announced that Rex was staying, we had dreams of an ass-kicking GM who was going to get a free year and let Rex go, would delay the rebuild a year but might be for the best if we got a top-GM candidate.

Today we have no hope. Rex staying, Rex running the show, Rex picking the GM, Rex owning the GM, Rex getting a "do-over". It's insane. It's madness.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9DBafBhDSc

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiev80 View Post
    I am with you too now SAR I. Today was the most frustrating and depressed I have felt about this team. Even during the lousy Kotite years, there was hope that change was coming and Bill P. saved our team. After hearing that Rex is treating this like he is a rookie head coach again and he gets to start over, I feel hopeless about this team. For the first time, I am not excited about the offseason and next season. I do not care anymore. You were correct the whole time SAR I. I am joining the FIRE REX RYAN club now.
    We're going to have to be a bit patient, Frankie.

I guess we're going to have to really suck to get Woody to do the right thing next season. I mean, going 1-11 against winning teams didn't do it. Losing the locker room twice didn't do it. Drafting terrible players and releasing good ones didn't do it. Going 0-3 to end the last two seasons didn't do it. The exodus of assistant coaches didn't do it. The backstabbing stories in the press didn't do it.

Eventually, Rex Ryan will be gone. Until then, Go Rangers, Go Yankees, Go Knicks. It's a big town. Lots of other sports going on.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    We'll see, like it or not.

You'll forgive me, I hope, if I don't hop on the "We're doomed" train for 2013 on Jan. 8th, before we hire a GM, an O-Co or make any personel moves.

I'll feel alot better about our chances if we caqn shake loose Mark Sanchez. I'll take a staff full of Rex's over one Mark at QB.
    Rex Ryan is responsible for the mess that is Mark Sanchez.

Since it seems Mark Sanchez is the biggest disaster the team faces, in your opinion, then clearly the man who scouted him, courted him, worked him out, fell in love with him, drafted him, started him, tattooed him, and eventually abandoned him is to blame.

We're doomed. Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I