Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Juicing Corner

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Get into as many greens as you can find, JW. Consuming them is one of the reasons I've maintained health all these years.

I had a juicer back in the 80s, when I embarked on a health regimen. I don't do it any longer, as i realized that you need the fibrous part of the vegetable/fruits in order to maximize the health benefit. Juicing is fine, but eating the fruit/vegetable is better for you.

Think of it this way: Say you juiced five apples and drank the liquid. You now get most of all the sugar five apples contain without most of the fiber. No way you'd ever eat five apples at once. This is one of the reasons nutritionists don't recommend giving kids so much juice, as it contributes greatly to weight gain. It's even worse for adults.

Again, enjoy juicing. But do it in moderation.
    Absolutely true. They are an anti inflammatory as well. This helps with blood pressure and flow. No ED issues and no freggin pill everyday. Most are also good slow burning carbs so no real glycemic effect. Just don't smother in butter and salt

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    (Think she ever smoked? )
    Sounded like she gargled hydrochloric acid daily. I think she sang lead for Motorhead on their last European tour.

I buy all my supplements online through Swanson Vitamins. Their quality and prices are great. Even with shipping, I save a fortune. Right now, they are offering free shipping on orders over $50.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/?Sour...FUbf4AoddhcAKw

I've tried every major brand of flax seed oil and all taste awful except for Barlean's. They produces the best quality anyway, so its a win/win. To me, it tastes like walnut oil. I take one tablespoon daily of their Highest Lignan product.

As for fish oil, I take krill oil. It's a smaller soft gel, and packs a bigger wallop. After researching it, I settled on Olympian Labs' Krill Oil. You can get this via Swanson as well.

Great info, thx!

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sounded like she gargled hydrochloric acid daily. I think she sang lead for Motorhead on their last European tour.

Great info, thx!

-
    LOL and anytime.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I was on a juicing kick for a while... try this

2 apples
    1 pear
    6 carrots
    tons of kale
    1 lemon

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm going to try this with breakfast tomorrow.

Get into as many greens as you can find, JW. Consuming them is one of the reasons I've maintained health all these years.

I had a juicer back in the 80s, when I embarked on a health regimen. I don't do it any longer, as i realized that you need the fibrous part of the vegetable/fruits in order to maximize the health benefit. Juicing is fine, but eating the fruit/vegetable is better for you.

Think of it this way: Say you juiced five apples and drank the liquid. You now get most of all the sugar five apples contain without most of the fiber. No way you'd ever eat five apples at once. This is one of the reasons nutritionists don't recommend giving kids so much juice, as it contributes greatly to weight gain. It's even worse for adults.

Again, enjoy juicing. But do it in moderation.
    This is a good post Borgo, I definitely felt the sugar rush the first time I had one with a lot of fruit. It was almost the same as an energy drink, though I never have those.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Sorry....thought this was a thread about today's Hall of Fame vote.
    POssibly..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not exist. Closest I've found is organic flax seed oil with lignan. Amongst a few other supplements, I take a tablespoon of Barlean's flax seed oil daily
    (more phytonutrients with the liquid rather than in pill form). I have been recommending it to family and friends for years.

Go do the research of the benefits of flax seed oil. You'll be impressed.
    I take flaxseed oil softgels. I always wanted to try the liquid.

Almost all the benefits of fish oil without the fishy smell or taste. How is the krill oil? I hear it is much better than fish oil and is not as fishy.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I take flaxseed oil softgels. I always wanted to try the liquid.

Almost all the benefits of fish oil without the fishy smell or taste. How is the krill oil? I hear it is much better than fish oil and is not as fishy.
    The flax seed liquid gives you a much bigger "bop" of all the omegas and the all-important lignan. I researched it a while back and the difference between liquid and soft gels is staggering. Note that you'd need to take three soft gels in place of one tablespoon of the liquid. But it does not come even close to providing the same level of nutrients.

Stats below are taken from my brand, Barlean's.

Soft gels:

Liquid:

As for the krill oil, you get no fishy taste and associated burping. Plus, the gels are way smaller than the fish oil gels. It's a bit expensive, but I found the Olympian Labs version to be the best.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The juicing recipes here sound almost as good as V8 Splash.

Plus, you don't have to buy a ghey juicer, so there's that.