Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So confused

Jets Insider VIP

So confused

I made the mistake of not only following the Jets GM search, but I compounded the error by also reading the Pfail too. Please help me because I am quite befuddled.

Who is more clueless...

The Jets front office or the fans on the strip?

Edit: I was planning to apologize for talking about football but then I remembered that I was talking about the Jets and the Pfail strippers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Who is more clueless...

I forgive the fans on the thtrip. All of them.

Woody...he seems like a nice guy who really wants to believe Rex. He seems like he desperately wants to believe in someone....and for now, Rex is it. He's been through alot (his daughter, rip)....he's a lost rich guy and Rex is a knock around clown with a good line of shyte who amuses him. I used to work with guys like Rex. Used to call them "budda-bingers". Some bosses were susceptible to their line of blowhard shyte, (they liked arse kissers) some were not.

Bottom line, they promised the world, were capable of none of it, and explained it all away in flowery blather when called on the carpet.

Out of this, we get the football shaft.

I truly believe iffin I could grab Woody for five minutes alone, I could talk some sense into him. I like him, he needs to hear "truthiness".

Rex is giving him blather.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 01-08-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    ALL of them???

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I made the mistake of not only following the Jets GM search, but I compounded the error by also reading the Pfail too. Please help me because I am quite befuddled.

Who is more clueless...

Edit: I was planning to apologize for talking about football but then I remembered that I was talking about the Jets and the Pfail strippers.
    Gripe-mongers.

Jets Insider VIP

Woody...he seems like a nice guy who really wants to believe Rex. He seems like he desperately wants to believe in someone....and for now, Rex is it. He's been through alot (his daughter, rip)....he's a lost rich guy and Rex is a knock around clown with a good line of shyte who amuses him. I used to work with guys like Rex. Used to call them "budda-bingers". Some bosses were susceptible to their line of blowhard shyte, (they liked arse kissers) some were not.

Bottom line, they promised the world, were capable of none of it, and explained it all away in flowery blather when called on the carpet.

I truly believe iffin I could grab Woody for five minutes alone, I could talk some sense into him. I like him, he needs to hear "truthiness".

-
    Nailed it.

I watched a few snippets of the press conference on nfl.com and almost puked hearing Rex say "Ground and pound isn't my style".

- I lost the pulse of theam
    - I wanted a more attack style offense

2 years in a row now we're getting his excuses for not doing his job.

All League
    I, for one, am satisfied Rex is still coach.

Sparano and tannybum are gone. Next is Tebow, and I'm happy.

Quite simple, really.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'm happy.
    And you call yourself a Jets fan. Go be happy somewhere else..

Last edited by RaoulDuke; 01-09-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm actually pretty pissed off over the whole thing.
    I don't know if that is compounded by the fact I have posted more in the Thrip in the last month than I have in the last 2 years.

It seems to me that Woody is somehow intimidated/enraptured/bromanced with Rex somehow, which is quite disturbing. Maybe Woody is in love with all of the headlines he brings - and if that is the case, Woody is a shallow as **** dooshbag that deserves all the failure that comes his way.

But we don't deserve it. We've been rooting for the Jets for far longer than he's owned them.

I think the new GM situation is akin to the following example.

Say you win a brand new car - very exciting at first right?
    Until you found the stipulations on accepting this car is that is that you dont have a choice on the color, make or model. And someone else gets to drive it either. All you get to do is put gas in it and pay the maintenance bills.

All Pro

-
    I didn't post this on the pfail strip as I thought it would stir up too much ****, but I thought maybe the hampurites could deal with it. The following is from an ESPN article and it might be relevant when dealing the the Woody/Rex conundrum. It does make you wonder if maybe Rex is getting his strings pulled more than you think. Then again maybe it's totally irrelevant and then just proceed with the troll bashing.

"Bill Belichick will make all football decisions," Parcells said then.

Obviously, Belichick felt otherwise.

"I just can't do it with the conviction, confidence and certainty that is needed to get the job done," he said.

"I just can't do what I need to do here," Belichick said. "There are a lot of unanswered questions here. I have been concerned about it since Leon Hess died (in May). ... I had no clear direction of where I am going in the organization."

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I, for one, am satisfied Rex is still coach.

Sparano and tannybum are gone. Next is Tebow, and I'm happy.

Quite simple, really.
    Do you feel like it's your first day as a Jets fan?

Are you ready for an offensive minded offense?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    I didn't post this on the pfail strip as I thought it would stir up too much ****, but I thought maybe the hampurites could deal with it. The following is from an ESPN article and it might be relevant when dealing the the Woody/Rex conundrum. It does make you wonder if maybe Rex is getting his strings pulled more than you think. Then again maybe it's totally irrelevant and then just proceed with the troll bashing.

"Bill Belichick will make all football decisions," Parcells said then.

Obviously, Belichick felt otherwise.

"I just can't do it with the conviction, confidence and certainty that is needed to get the job done," he said.

"I just can't do what I need to do here," Belichick said. "There are a lot of unanswered questions here. I have been concerned about it since Leon Hess died (in May). ... I had no clear direction of where I am going in the organization."

That was a totally different situation; Both men in that scenario were veteran coach's who knew their shyte.

It was a power struggle.

Woody is truly clueless about how to run a team, and Rex is largely clueless about how to be a head coach.

I really believe that there was a moment when Rex thought he was gone, got summoned to meet Woody, who gave him a new lease on life...and Rex walked out dumbfounded, whispering "this guy's a ****ing idiot!" under his breath.

Yesterday he was stammering like a guy who was pulled off the gallows pole and made mayor in a matter of seconds...virtual gibberish and substanceless platitudes....with Woody looking on adoringly.

Only thing missing was a laugh track.

-

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Do you feel like it's your first day as a Jets fan?

Are you ready for an offensive minded offense?
    If only.

Then maybe I could return it after the 30 day trial period, with no penalty.

Frankly I could care less what Rex says at PCs and the like. Aside from it being mandated by the league, I put no stock or value from what is gleaned from the spectacle.

So Rexy tried to go ground and pound and failed miserably. Why that failed has been discussed to exhaustion.

I have no problem keeping him around for another year. Hopefully he has learned and will be a better HC. However, if there's no marked improvement then I say run him off. Going to be an uphill battle so long as the suckchez is in town.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Frankly I could care less what Rex says at PCs and the like. Aside from it being mandated by the league, I put no stock or value from what is gleaned from the spectacle.

So Rexy tried to go ground and pound and failed miserably. Why that failed has been discussed to exhaustion.

I have no problem keeping him around for another year. Hopefully he has learned and will be a better HC. However, if there's no marked improvement then I say run him off. Going to be an uphill battle so long as the suckchez is in town.
    +1.

All Pro

I think he is a really good coach with really questionable organizational skills. I would hate to see him thrown out with the bath water like BB was in Cleveland. He clearly needs a really strong (and knowledgeable) staff around him, and he needs to be able to recognize what's working and what's not prior to game day. I also believe the most paramount skill he needs is a HR mentality when it comes to his personnel. Friends don't cut it in professional football. It's an employer/employee relationship and he can't do it any other way.

good post.

Rex can still become a very good HC, and the failures of the past 2 years will be beneficial to him in the long run. it was hard for him to change his loudmouth, reckless ways after enjoying so much success in '09 and '10. but if he readjusts his offensive philosophy, while maintaining his defensive prowess and motivational skills, i think he can be a winner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    I think he is a really good coach with really questionable organizational skills. I would hate to see him thrown out with the bath water like BB was in Cleveland. He clearly needs a really strong (and knowledgeable) staff around him, and he needs to be able to recognize what's working and what's not prior to game day. I also believe the most paramount skill he needs is a HR mentality when it comes to his personnel. Friends don't cut it in professional football. It's an employer/employee relationship and he can't do it any other way.
    Agreed.

In business, there are 2 types of people:

- People who are experts at doing stuff
    - People who are good at managing

You can be both, but being an expert does not mean you are necessarily a good manager. I know Iím very good at what I do, but I only recently realized that I suck at managing people, and it doesnít really interest me.

Rex is an expert (defense) who wanted to make the jump to a management type position and hasnít pulled through. I honestly think from an HR point of view, heís not management material.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Agreed.

In business, there are 2 types of people:

- People who are experts at doing stuff
    - People who are good at managing

You can be both, but being an expert does not mean you are necessarily a good manager. I know Iím very good at what I do, but I only recently realized that I suck at managing people, and it doesnít really interest me.

Rex is an expert (defense) who wanted to make the jump to a management type position and hasnít pulled through. I honestly think from an HR point of view, heís not management material.

Please expand on the above scenario.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Landry's pet monkey almost made him miss the flight to Buffalo, Rob Ryan will be out of work for like 5 minutes, and draftdoosh was right about Sanchez. What's so confusing?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Landry's pet monkey almost made him miss the flight to Buffalo, Rob Ryan will be out of work for like 5 minutes, and draftdoosh was right about Sanchez. What's so confusing?
    If there was no humor here JI would be unbearable to read...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2