Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Honestly - why would you bring in a new coach for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    If I were the owner, the GM, Rex and Mark Sanchez would've all been called in a room and been given their pink slips simultaneously.
    And you would have lost 5mill in cap room that you don't have to spare..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We have been on that 4-5 year plan for like 25 years now. Rex has had one loosing season. We can't be like Detroit and Oakland with a new coach every 2-3 years.
    The reason we have to continually change out HC's is because we seldom if ever pick a good one. The reason for that is we've had incompetent owners and Gm's making those decisions. ....still by the way. There is a reason the one and only SB appearance for this franchise was in 69' and counting.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I know there's cases to be made - especially if you're in the camp that believes that Rex does more harm than good to this team (and forgetting the two AFCCGs)

...but really. What kind of situation does the NY Jets pose for a new coach? No cap room, half the roster on the way out, a fcked QB situation, little depth...

How exactly does that sound like something to attract a talented coaching staff? Its horrible.

I'm in the camp that believes we wouldn't possible land a credible candidate anyway. Better to let Rex play out 2013 - knowing he's on fringe - and see if can't make this trainwreck competitive. If he doesn't - appealing situation for 2014 candidates. If he does - that says something.

Simple answer is because the old Hc doesn't have a clue about what it means to be a HC. Rex Ryan is a darn great DC and there's nothing wrong with that.

The Jets used to have a Solid HC who was not a play caller on either Offense or defense. He managed the players, the NY media and his coaches. If he was given the lattitude that Woody Johnson is giving this blowhard of a HC we have today, who knows what could have been.

I have never before in my life hear someone say that they failed miserably at the Job they were hired to do, not once but twice and was given even more power by their employer. What could be so bad that you would rather be thought of as the village idiot than to have your issue exposed ? With all Rex Ryan's issues, what could he possibly have on Woody Johnson ?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Paid in full who cares? he will end up selling the same seat twice as soon as the team has a wining record again. PSLs are just and insidious method of maintaining a STH base no matter how bad the product.
    I think you overestimate the demand for Jet PSL's. There's very little chance he gets to sell the same seat twice with the secondary market tanking. Why would anyone buy a PSL from the Jets now at face when they can get a big discount on the secondary market?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I think you overestimate the demand for Jet PSL's. There's very little chance he gets to sell the same seat twice with the secondary market tanking. Why would anyone buy a PSL from the Jets now at face when they can get a big discount on the secondary market?
    IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THE ECONOMY DOES.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis
    Honestly - why would you bring in a new coach for 2013?
    The current Jets team is in need of a large scale rebuild both in personnel and philosophy. A new head coach will be able to oversee the process from its first stages while instilling his own system, vision, and expectations.

There is no evidence that Rex will be able to adapt as a head coach and start moving this team in a new direction. We've all heard it before only to see nothing change and things to continue to spiral downward.

In my mind, a Rex-less Jets team is inevitable so why delay the start of the next chapter of this franchise?

All League
    By bringing in a new HC, they can take their lumps in 2013 and build for 2014 and beyond.

By keeping Rex, The delusional Woody and Rex are going to make short-sighted decisions to try and win in 2013. So instead of winning 3 or 4 games, we may win 5. But the cost will dig into 2014 and beyond.

Examples

1. Rex won't draft a QB. Not in the first, not in the 7th. He does not have the time to develop a QB.

2. In order to give the Jets more cap space, he is going to approach players like Cromartie, Pouha, Holmes, possibly Mangold and D'Brick to rework deals. So instead of having $60M in cap space to work with in 2014, we eat up a ton of space in order to field the best possible team in 2013 - which will be futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The problem is WOODY. No matter what BS record WRECKS achieves , he will not be on the fringe. He is our coach for life unless WOODY sells the team to a guy like TRUMP.
    TRUMP? Holy s##t, you have got to be kidding.