Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is just a supposition..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This is just a supposition..

but I just had an idea. Just a thought.

So Gamble says to Woody. "Look I really want this job, but I would like the opportunity to hire my own coaches, even though I would be fine working with Rex. Let me go interview for the San Diego job. Just give me that opportunity. If I don't get that job, I will take this job. I think it's only fair you give me that opportunity. Leak to the press that I didn't do well so that the San Diego people aren't suspicious."

That actually makes logical sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

So Gamble says to Woody. "Look I really want this job, but I would like the opportunity to hire my own coaches, even though I would be fine working with Rex. Let me go interview for the San Diego job. Just give me that opportunity. If I don't get that job, I will take this job. I think it's only fair you give me that opportunity".

Dude, you posted this in another thread. Not only that, but I think this makes zero sense.

You're saying that Gamble tells Woody, "hey, let me go interview in SD and if they don't want me then I'll come back here since the Jets are my fallback option"?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-08-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

So Gamble says to Woody. "Look I really want this job, but I would like the opportunity to hire my own coaches, even though I would be fine working with Rex. Let me go interview for the San Diego job. Just give me that opportunity. If I don't get that job, I will take this job. I think it's only fair you give me that opportunity".

Not really. Gamble wouldn't have to beg to go intv in SD. And by doing so he'd admit the jets are option #2.

Sadly, I think there's truth in the report that the interview didn't go well. I'm inclined to blame Rex, but I also find it weird that this 'top candidate' who was linked to several jobs suddenly can't even land a 2nd intv anywhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Dude, you posted this another thread. Not only that, but I think this makes zero sense.

You're saying that Gamble tells Woody, "hey, let me go interview in SD and if they don't want me then I'll come back here since the Jets are my fallback option"?
    Look, Woody has to know that his brand is not popular right now. I think he would consider this a trade off for forcing a coach on him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a catch-22. At this point I am suspicious of anyone who wants this job considering the current situation.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

So Gamble says to Woody. "Look I really want this job, but I would like the opportunity to hire my own coaches, even though I would be fine working with Rex. Let me go interview for the San Diego job. Just give me that opportunity. If I don't get that job, I will take this job. I think it's only fair you give me that opportunity. Leak to the press that I didn't do well so that the San Diego people aren't suspicious."

Yeah, keep spinning it until it makes logical sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now why would Woody want to do this?

Well it goes back to something Skip Bayless said today that actually makes sense, which is rare for him.

He figured that Woody giving Rex more of a say is a mea culpa for forcing Tim Tebow on Rex.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont buy that. Fact is, I dont think anything happened on the Jets without Rex's approval. I think Tannenbaum served REX, not the other way around. Tannenbaum was in awe of this brilliant coach and considering that Tannenbaum was never a personnel guy, he deferred to him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I dont buy that. Fact is, I dont think anything happened on the Jets without Rex's approval. I think Tannenbaum served REX, not the other way around. Tannenbaum was in awe of this brilliant coach and considering that Tannenbaum was never a personnel guy, he deferred to him.
    But if Rex was the driving force behind Tebow coming here, Woody would have fired him for causing a ruckus.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And therein lies the problem - The two guys in charge of personnel for the Jets knew nothing about personnel.

We had an accountant and a loudmouth defensive coordinator deciding to trade draft picks for Tebow and give Mark Sanchez a contract extension.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And therein lies the problem - The two guys in charge of personnel for the Jets knew nothing about personnel.

We had an accountant and a loudmouth defensive coordinator deciding to trade draft picks for Tebow and give Mark Sanchez a contract extension.
    So wouldn't Scott Cohen solve that problem?

And before you say puppet you have to answer the question.

Buffoon or Puppet Master?

Can't be both.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    But if Rex was the driving force behind Tebow coming here, Woody would have fired him for causing a ruckus.
    Rex could masturbate in a bag of Cheetos on the front lawn of the Atlantic Health Center and Woody still wouldn't fire him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem with Cohen is that he is part of the dysfunctional culture that is the NY Jets under the Tannenbaum/Ryan regime. I want the new GM NOT to be familiar with the buddy system that existed and I want him to be the BOSS. Ryan is a seducer and I think the GM needs to be independent and not part of the existing culture.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So wouldn't Scott Cohen solve that problem?

And before you say puppet you have to answer the question.

Buffoon or Puppet Master?

Can't be both.
    We need an outsider, someone who can bring a new perspective and approach to personnel matters IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem with Cohen is that he is part of the dysfunctional culture that is the NY Jets under the Tannenbaum/Ryan regime. I want the new GM NOT to be familiar with the buddy system that existed and I want him to be the BOSS. Ryan is a seducer and I think the GM needs to be independent and not part of the existing culture.
    A: He was, but to what degree we don't know.

B: Buffoon or Puppet Master?
    Can't be both. And Seducer is not the word I would use.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex could masturbate in a bag of Cheetos on the front lawn of the Atlantic Health Center and Woody still wouldn't fire him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A: He was, but to what degree we don't know.

B: Buffoon or Puppet Master?
    Can't be both. And Seducer is not the word I would use.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bingo. Exactly where I was going with my last reply. We need some new DNA in the Jets organizational gene pool!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bingo. Exactly where I was going with my last reply. We need some new DNA in the Jets organizational gene pool!
    so basically what youre saying is he could be the next bill polian but just because hes tied to the jets hes automatically and i think unfairly being coined as "unfit"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamble interviewed in SD and the few leaks still peg them with either their in-house guy Raye or Indy's Tom Telesco as GM. It's unlikely but it's still possible that he actually did interview badly.