Thread: RGIII to have ACL and LCL surgery on Wednesday

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

RGIII to have ACL and LCL surgery on Wednesday

Somehow I knew this would end badly. Good luck dude.

Chris Mortensen - ESPN

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, Vick 2.0

We all knew this was gonna happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sucks...hope he makes full recovery.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing worse than not having a franchise QB, is having one and watching him go down like this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kid got beat up this year. I hope he fully recovers but he's gonna have a short career if he doesn't change his playing style a bit. Good luck to him, such an exciting player.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me state the obvious, this one was clearly on the coach.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Let me state the obvious, this one was clearly on the coach.
    I just found about this & couldn't wait to get here and rant. WTF kind of dumba$$ coach let the kid keep playing? Makes me want to take out one of Shanahan's kneecaps (figuratively, not literally). He's the Coach and I'm sure he's seen a lot of injuries over the past 40 years. He should've benched RG3.

The article I read sort of blamed RG3 for "lying" about the extent of his injury, but that's not fair. Athletes are competitive and taught to downplay their injuries. When I was 22 I thought I was invulnerable too - that's why the COACH should look out for these kids. I felt sick when I read the article that described how RG3 was in obvious pain as he ran for 9 yards in a scripted play. Then the kid apologized to Shanny for not running faster! It's up to these coaches, who are older and wiser, to decide whether or not a player can go on the field. Shanny said basically the same thing Rex did when Tebow's ribs were broken: the kid told me he could play. That's crap. RG3 might never play again because Shanny cared more about 1 game than he did about the kid's future.

RG3's playing has been a thing of beauty this season. He won't be able to play again for at least a year. I didn't know that he already had knee surgery once before (in 2009). I just hope he gets all the help he needs to recover and play again. Shanny is still a big giant turd for not benching him.

Freaking kids trying to be heroes.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smaller running QB's don't work in the NFL unless they have the elite athleticism of a Micheal Vick.

Johnny Manziel will get killed in the NFL if he doesn't become more of a drop back passer. I don't think that will happened because A&M's coach (Sumlin) isn't about to change to a pro style offense just to help Manziel's transition to the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    This sucks...hope he makes full recovery.
    + 1000

Seems like a great person, really hope it goes well for him, AP had an amazing recovery example this year

It was a no-win situation, they would have been crushed for shutting him down, even if that would have been the right decision (see the Nationals last year)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    + 1000

Seems like a great person, really hope it goes well for him, AP had an amazing recovery example this year

It was a no-win situation, they would have been crushed for shutting him down, even if that would have been the right decision (see the Nationals last year)
    We all have perfect 20/20 hindsight vision.

The bottom line is that running QBs are still extinct in the NFL these days, no matter how many of them come out of college with glowing reports. It's fine if they run around to give themselves more time to pass the ball, but once they start to head up the field they are done.