Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: HOW TO ENJOY FOOTBALL

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    HOW TO ENJOY FOOTBALL

    Let's face it guys, the New York Jets are a mess...


    The worst part is it looks like the Jets will be a catastrophic mess for quite a while to come. Our owner isn't really a football guy, our coach isn't really a headcoach, our scouts aren't all that good, our quarterback is a joke, our cap situation is dismal, our offensive line was purchased on sale at Walmart, shall I go on?


    How can a person really enjoy football when all we have is this team to root for? Well guess what... WE CAN ROOT FOR WHOEVER WE WANT. This team is a joke right now, so I suggest finding an alternate team to root for that won't piss you off. Find a team that is well managed and well owned that makes logical moves and takes football seriously. The Jets will always be your main team but having an alternate team to root for that actually has a shot at a ring will improve your mental state dramatically and give you something to look forward to on sunday. Personally I like the Broncos. Peyton Manning is doing great things out there, and he has a shot at being the only starting quarterback in NFL history to win two Superbowls with two different teams. It's a great story to follow, and it will lift your spirits to watch it all play out.


    My heart will always be with the Jets, but they can be a very very frustrating team to actually care about and follow on a weekly basis. Jets fans need somewhere else to go to escape from the anger and frustration, and fortunately there are a whole bunch of other teams out there that can offer you that, select one and start enjoying football again. That's my advice and that's what I do. I think you'll feel a whole lot better once you try it.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your thread is weak and filled with palsy.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,986
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Your thread is weak and filled with palsy.
    Okay then, stick with the Jets and hang your hopes and dreams on their every ridiculous move. Have nowhere else to go when things go bad, when they mess up their draft picks, when they hire the wrong GM, when they call the wrong plays, when they start Mark Sanchez and he throws 61 picks again, when the O-line can't pass protect, then they go 3-13 next season and Rex gets his walking papers and we start the whole tumultuous process over again...

    Go ahead, go down with the ship and don't take a lifeboat with you. It's a strategy I guess, just not a very good one.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOW TO ENJOY FOOTBALL
    Want to enjoy football?


    I'll tell you how to enjoy football!



































    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-09-2013 at 03:32 AM.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    591
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sticking with the Jets.

    I don't mind being an underdog team honestly. I can't even imagine what it's like to be a completely dominant team. I guess you turn into Patriot fans.

    But if you look at them, they don't just think about winning games. They put on a cocky face all regular season long but once post season rolls around they're all on suicide watch. Jets fans just want to win. Patriot fans spend more time worrying about under performing and losing and "good heavens what will the neighbors think?' They're not thinking about games, they're thinking about legacy. That's too much pressure.

    I'm content like a little football hobbit to have a humble little team that can compete and grind its way to a Superbowl. I don't mind trying to slug it out for division titles or wildcard spots if necessary. I just want to think we have a chance.

    And I don't want the team to be a circus show. I want a football team. You know, an old school, grid iron, Americana, watch on Thanksgiving, stand in the mud for, football team.

    Not understanding why we have to be a spectacle of negativity.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SI NY
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahaha Jetstream the size of the Musberger pic makes your post 10x funnier


    anyway, losing builds character. be a man and take this circus in stride.



    actually OP, please jump ship, because there was nothing more annoying during our playoff runs than the fairweather fans coming out of the woodwork

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    How can a person really enjoy football when all we have is this team to root for? Well guess what... WE CAN ROOT FOR WHOEVER WE WANT.
    Not so easy, since just another team can't replace the passion you had rooting for a team as a kid (even if you move out of state), don't think you can ever be that fan for another team (see Fireman Ed)

    My advice would be to find a good College (NCAA) team or two (probably in the SEC if you want a championship), games are more fun to watch and every game matters.

    Sometimes you find a team like the Jets but I did enjoy a National Championship in 2002 and a 12-0 season in Coach Urban Meyer's first year as coach of the Buckeyes (also looks like a top 5 recruiting class)

    100k fans every Saturday, great tailgating, no PSLs, etc...

    Rutgers is joining the Big 10 so you can still go to the games...

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Want to enjoy football?


    I'll tell you how to enjoy football!



































    quoted just for the hell of it. Old people usually have a lot more ear hair, Brent is a stud

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Want to enjoy football?


    I'll tell you how to enjoy football!




































    Mussberger enjoyed drooling over AJ's babe for sure.

    More enjoyment...


  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm sticking with the Jets.

    I don't mind being an underdog team honestly. I can't even imagine what it's like to be a completely dominant team. I guess you turn into Patriot fans.

    But if you look at them, they don't just think about winning games. They put on a cocky face all regular season long but once post season rolls around they're all on suicide watch. Jets fans just want to win. Patriot fans spend more time worrying about under performing and losing and "good heavens what will the neighbors think?' They're not thinking about games, they're thinking about legacy. That's too much pressure.

    I'm content like a little football hobbit to have a humble little team that can compete and grind its way to a Superbowl. I don't mind trying to slug it out for division titles or wildcard spots if necessary. I just want to think we have a chance.

    And I don't want the team to be a circus show. I want a football team. You know, an old school, grid iron, Americana, watch on Thanksgiving, stand in the mud for, football team.

    Not understanding why we have to be a spectacle of negativity.
    It's kind of difficult for some Pats fans to avoid being too cocky, with the remarkable amount of success the team has had since Belichick and Brady arrived. That doesn't excuse the cockiness though. The pressure is non-existent for the same reason, the extraordinary success of the team.

    I think most of the Jets' negativity is brought on by the bombastic attitude of Rex and his players. They seem to be inviting the attention, and combined with the losing it has opened them up for the negativity.

    The mediots will have a field day with the Jets as long as Rex Ryan is the face of the team.

  12. #12
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Let's face it guys, the New York Jets are a mess...


    The worst part is it looks like the Jets will be a catastrophic mess for quite a while to come. Our owner isn't really a football guy, our coach isn't really a headcoach, our scouts aren't all that good, our quarterback is a joke, our cap situation is dismal, our offensive line was purchased on sale at Walmart, shall I go on?


    How can a person really enjoy football when all we have is this team to root for? Well guess what... WE CAN ROOT FOR WHOEVER WE WANT. This team is a joke right now, so I suggest finding an alternate team to root for that won't piss you off. Find a team that is well managed and well owned that makes logical moves and takes football seriously. The Jets will always be your main team but having an alternate team to root for that actually has a shot at a ring will improve your mental state dramatically and give you something to look forward to on sunday. Personally I like the Broncos. Peyton Manning is doing great things out there, and he has a shot at being the only starting quarterback in NFL history to win two Superbowls with two different teams. It's a great story to follow, and it will lift your spirits to watch it all play out.


    My heart will always be with the Jets, but they can be a very very frustrating team to actually care about and follow on a weekly basis. Jets fans need somewhere else to go to escape from the anger and frustration, and fortunately there are a whole bunch of other teams out there that can offer you that, select one and start enjoying football again. That's my advice and that's what I do. I think you'll feel a whole lot better once you try it.
    Do you think you're telling any Jets fan anything we haven't already considered? It's a part of our culture. If we didn't love football we wouldn't be on this board.

    Maybe your post is intended for the "luke warm" fan?

  13. #13
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    It's kind of difficult for some Pats fans to avoid being too cocky, with the remarkable amount of success the team has had since Belichick and Brady arrived. That doesn't excuse the cockiness though. The pressure is non-existent for the same reason, the extraordinary success of the team.

    I think most of the Jets' negativity is brought on by the bombastic attitude of Rex and his players. They seem to be inviting the attention, and combined with the losing it has opened them up for the negativity.

    The mediots will have a field day with the Jets as long as Rex Ryan is the face of the team.
    Never forget where you came from AND nothing lasts forever. That's what people should think of before they get too cocky.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usually, I like to watch a game with a buddy, talking about the Orient during commercial breaks.


  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa,FL
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    It's kind of difficult for some Pats fans to avoid being too cocky, with the remarkable amount of success the team has had since Belichick and Brady arrived. That doesn't excuse the cockiness though. The pressure is non-existent for the same reason, the extraordinary success of the team.

    I think most of the Jets' negativity is brought on by the bombastic attitude of Rex and his players. They seem to be inviting the attention, and combined with the losing it has opened them up for the negativity.

    The mediots will have a field day with the Jets as long as Rex Ryan is the face of the team.
    that negativity has been going on for 40 years, way before rex got here.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks.. There's a reason me and so many others check the board daily.. We are die hards who can't get enough, no matter how bad we suck. I could never imagine rooting for another team.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the only thing you should expect as a fan whether you're a Patriots fan, Jets fan, or some other fan, is whether you get your money's worth. I don't think most Patriots fans think about legacy. I think the hard core fans feel that it's a successful year if they contend. Did the team keep you interested until the end? If you aren't interested half way through the season, they've failed your expectations.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its called Fantasy Football people. You root for your team and get to watch and be in to virtually every regular season game.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why I enjoy football but I can't seem to break the addiction.

  20. #20
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Usually, I like to watch a game with a buddy, talking about the Orient during commercial breaks.

    buddy=right hand man

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us