Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Cap Space For All 32 NFL Teams

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long are we committed to 'Tone' for as far as a bad cap hit goes. I would put him just behind Sanchez as far as guys I would want to part with.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    How long are we committed to 'Tone' for as far as a bad cap hit goes. I would put him just behind Sanchez as far as guys I would want to part with.
    The jets if they cut him now will only save about 1 mill as most of this years contract is guaranteed. Next year however the jets can dump his whiny ass and save substantial cap room.

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets if they cut him now will only save about 1 mill as most of this years contract is guaranteed. Next year however the jets can dump his whiny ass and save substantial cap room.
    I knew he was not a good option this year but I sure hope he is turfed after next year. Big malcontent, totally over rated, no where near a #1 receiver, and low character which he displayed even on his injury play this past year.

  4. #64
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets are $19.4M over 2013 salary cap, per ESPN. However, #NYJ will be ~ $8.3M under when they cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott & Calvin Pace

  5. #65
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Why isn't anyone from the Bengal front office a candidate for GM? They've got one of the youngest teams in football, have been to the playoffs 2 straight seasons, and have a ton of cap space.
    Because that organization is different from every other in the NFL.

    They essentially have 1/2 the front office of most normal NFL teams and Marvin Lewis has twice the responsibilities.

    Their owner is arguably the worst in pro sports. He also blows Goodell with Kraft, so he gets away with not even being close to fielding a true contender.

    AJ Green is amazing. Beyond that, who cares? How can you even take yourselves seriously when your best scout is your head coach?

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Because that organization is different from every other in the NFL.

    They essentially have 1/2 the front office of most normal NFL teams and Marvin Lewis has twice the responsibilities.

    Their owner is arguably the worst in pro sports. He also blows Goodell with Kraft, so he gets away with not even being close to fielding a true contender.

    AJ Green is amazing. Beyond that, who cares? How can you even take yourselves seriously when your best scout is your head coach?
    So, is Marvin Lewis making all the draft selections?

  7. #67
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    3,450
    Post Thanks / Like
    When all is said and done, the Jets will probably have about $15 million in cap space. I think Austin Howard and Braylon Edwards are must keeps because they will be pretty cheap to bring back.

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Tannenbaum (AND LET'S NOT FORGET ARI NISSIM!!!) crippled the organization with bloated, top-heavy contracts that are killing us now. I understand Rex has personnel say, but he did not sign these guys to the ridiculous contracts.

    The Jets will have 11 guys count at least $6.16 million toward the cap next season! 11! Granted, Pace, Scott, J. Smith and BT are four of them, but still. As a comparison, the Patriots have 3. And that is why they are good. Because they identify the guys they need to pay, give them smart contracts and use all that other $ for depth!

    Tanny thought 10 massive contracts was a smarter idea than building depth. That's on Tanny, not Rex.

    A lot of people think Rex is not good with personnel decisions, I disagree. It's just that there wasn't enough cap space to bring in the guys he likes.
    Didn't Rex practically blow Holmes? We got a huge discount for Bart Scott who made 11.5 million in 09. Rex had the most expensive D and O money could buy and he was all in on it.

    You could make a better argument for a HC lossing with a GM that wasn't willing to buy him the groceries then one willing to structure anything he wanted.

    Tany is gone because Rex couldn't produce with the most expensive talent in the league, talent he wanted.

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets are $19.4M over 2013 salary cap, per ESPN. However, #NYJ will be ~ $8.3M under when they cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott & Calvin Pace
    And they will cut Eric Smith also and save another 3 but that still isn't enough even to fill out the roster with vet min guys. More have to go

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us