Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yesterday Dorsey was all but hired by the Chiefs and was Reid's hand picked GM.
    I wish I could get the Chief's job. With the talent on that team, the # 1 pick to use to get a good qb, and Andy Reid as the coach, I think it's, hands down, best job out there.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I wish I could get the Chief's job. With the talent on that team, the # 1 pick to use to get a good qb, and Andy Reid as the coach, I think it's, hands down, best job out there.
    lol @ taking a QB first overall this year. I could see Andy giving Cassell the year, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ taking a QB first overall this year. I could see Andy giving Cassell the year, honestly.
    Not to take Qb #1 this year, totally agree. Use it creatively to put in a position to take one later this year, or get into position for next year's draft, where the class should be much better. Agree, Cassell should benefit from Reid. Really think this is great spot, and rest of AFC west should not be happy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Peter King‏@SI_PeterKing

RT @SAMSONITEG: What do you think happened with pettine ... Gut feeling? Think he thought Jets were sinking ship.
    Yes, Peter, because the Bills just exude success.

what a joke....soon Woody will take volunteers off the street for the GM job

@RichCimini: Jets reach out to Colts exec: Add another name to the Jets' general-manager search.

They received permissi... http://t.co/OtINJ7gS #nyj

Tom Telesco

This is like a game of dominoes with the Jets left to pick up the scraps, of which there will be some.

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets I was more referring to that there has been a huge negative backlash on Twitter to Cohen as a candidate

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets Hm. Why don't you think he received any interviews in recent years? (Especially after successful 2009 & 2010 #Jets seasons)

Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7 Doesn't play the game and is not a self-promoter. But is an excellent evaluator in my opinion.
    Retweeted by Joe Caporoso

McCartney's a former NFL pro scouting director.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This is like a game of dominoes with the Jets left to pick up the scraps, of which there will be some.
    They reached out to him Monday... before Caldwell took the Jags job.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets I was more referring to that there has been a huge negative backlash on Twitter to Cohen as a candidate

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets Hm. Why don't you think he received any interviews in recent years? (Especially after successful 2009 & 2010 #Jets seasons)

Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7 Doesn't play the game and is not a self-promoter. But is an excellent evaluator in my opinion.

was he talking about cohen?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post

And also its not true that Cohen has not gotten any interest. There was a report that the Browns were "keeping an eye" on him.

It's possible that we have a good GM candidate that nobody wants because they are doing the same thing that all of you are doing. Associating him with the failures of Mike Tannenbaum.

Also:
    Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7
    @ItsOasus @TurnOnTheJets I believe Mike had a good scouting staff and worked real well together. QB play went south this year. Hurt everyone

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    was he talking about cohen?
    Yes McCartney was talking up Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Cohen is a lock. Just accept it.

Rex's presence is holding the franchise hostage.

BTW, we are stuck with Tebow. I'd be shocked if Caldwell brought him into Jacksonville. Coming from a franchise with a real QB, I doubt he would have taken the job if Tebow was mandated by Khan.

We will run the pistol with Tim Tebow in 2013.
    Where do you get this stuff, a source within the Jets organization ? Heard there was an opening on the NYDN sports desk.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Where do you get this stuff, a source within the Jets organization ? Heard there was an opening on the NYDN sports desk.
    Pettine told him.

@AdamSchefter: On the day the Chargers are expected to name their new GM, Colts VP of football operations Tom Telesco is back in San Diego.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: On the day the Chargers are expected to name their new GM, Colts VP of football operations Tom Telesco is back in San Diego.
    Can we just hire Gamble now and get it over with!

Telesco is going to SD, he hasn't been linked anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Between Gamble and Raye, right? Any chance we get Gam?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Between Gamble and Raye, right? Any chance we get Gam?
    What about Jimmy Raye? Should we interview him?

Jets Insider VIP
    How bad must Gamble's interview have gone for the Jets to completely bypass him?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    What about Jimmy Raye? Should we interview him?
    Dunno anything about him. He's their in-house guy, right?