Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You'd think teams wouldn't give a **** about his interviewing skills, considering his background and expertise.
    Disagree. First impressions are the one's that last. Many people have had great resume's but are poor interviewers and don't get the job. It's probably happened to everybody on this site in their lives. With a respected outfit like Korn/Ferry running this, you better bring your "A" game to the interview. As it should be. This is a huge hire, and you have to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Can't tell if it is a sarcastic great or a regular great
    Consider the user.

I won't be completely despondent as long as we pick somebody outside of the organization. But it would be quite disappointing to go from potentially getting someone from a team like like the Niners or Falcons to one from... the Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Not unlike us.

We ask Bill Polian who the best candidate is. He says Gamble. We interview Gamble then say no thanks. Jets football.
    We have our own criteria for hiring candidates. We already are looking to replace our OC with Cam Cameron, a coach so poor that he was fired by a playoff team before the season was even over.

Their criteria for hiring a GM will eventually lead them to him;

Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 01-09-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Now its perfectly clear that the hiring of the firm was NOT just for show and that Cohen WASN'T the plan from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) tweeted at 0:06 PM on Wed, Jan 09, 2013:
    Jets have asked for and received permission to interview Dolphins assistant GM Brian Gaine for their GM spot. Interview expected this week.

Great.
    The last thing we need is more Dolphin trash. Jesus we are getting desperate.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    You're thinking of this GM candidate's dad
    I didn't realize that - this whole time I was thinking it was our Jimmy Raye and was really perplexed. Makes more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    I'm curious about that as well. He was easily the prime candidate last week. Considering his background and credentials, you'd think he'd be forgiven for an interview in which he was perhaps a little off his game. Maybe he was just flat-out bad?
    The interview not going so well can be more than him simply stumbling over some words, etc. Woody has to work with his new GM, as does Glatt and everyone else in the FO. If they don't jive personally or philosophically, it would be doomed from the start.

I don't know what the issue was as Gamble was highly recommended (and seemed to want to come here) but there was obviously something amiss on one side or the other.

Its weird that we haven't heard more about Marc Ross though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    What do you know about him?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    We have our own criteria for hiring candidates. We already are looking for to replace our OC with Cam Cameron, a coach so poor that he was fired by a playoff team before the season was even over.

Funny. But if he gets us a Calvin Johnson

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    We have our own criteria for hiring candidates. We already are looking to replace our OC with Cam Cameron, a coach so poor that he was fired by a playoff team before the season was even over.

Stop. Now you're scaring me for reals.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What do you know about him?
    Served with the Jets in the scouting department from 1999-2004
    Went to Dallas where he stayed for 2 years before landing with the Dolphins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And guess this leads to Arians as Chargers HC.
    Correct. Plus Chuck Pagono's brother is the SD DC.

@Gil_Brandt: Joeckel could go No. 1 to @kcchiefs, but there's no sure-fire first overall pick. I have 15 names I could see going at top spot.

Another Parcell's guy.

Nice work. I was asking to see if the poster knew anything about him since he was trashing him

FWIW on own Tony Pauline knows Gaine and speaks highly of him.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Correct. Plus Chuck Pagono's brother is the SD DC.
    Yep. Connect the dots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Now its perfectly clear that the hiring of the firm was NOT just for show and that Cohen WASN'T the plan from the outset.
    If you're talking about me, I said "could be" a dog and pony show.

My opinion as to the real issue for the Jets: not allowing the GM to hire his own HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Another Parcell's guy.
    LOL. Another evil spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If you're talking about me, I said "could be" a dog and pony show.

My opinion as to the real issue for the Jets: not allowing the GM to hire his own HC.
    I was really aiming at pcola, but whatever....

I understand why that is an issue. But it all could be gone after a year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Agreed. Our GM search is beginning to resemble the Bears HC search.

At this point it's obvious no one will come here to work for Rex. At this point make Rex the GM with ZERO authority to trade future picks or give out multi year contracts. Then fire his @$$ after next season and start this whole GD process over.

Anything Woody does at this point makes it harder to win in 2014 and beyond.
    Last edited by pcola; 01-09-2013 at 01:26 PM.