Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 411

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The Marx Brothers of the NFL. Albeit without their superlative talent and, at least intentional, comedic gift.
    There were 5 Marx Brothers. Include the Lions in that list.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    There were 5 Marx Brothers. Include the Lions in that list.
    Only four were part of the act.

  3. #223
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Ok I'll elaborate. Woody who self proclaimed to not be an expert at this hires a professional firm - a firm that specializes in this kind of search and has done this prior with other teams, gives Woody a list.

    Now, according to the Kool aid brigade, none of these 5 or so candidates were qualified so we have to keep extending the search. So what is more likely:

    Woody knows more about this job than Jed Hughes and Bill Polian and this will leave no stone unturned?

    Or

    Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off.

    Which one is more likely? There is no more qualified candidate than Tom Gamble. He has 25 years experience in every facet of the front office and had NFL coaching exp. Gaine and Raye III may be legit but they were not even mentioned until 10 days after our search began.

    Also, when did Woody solicit Jed Hughes help? Did he wait until be fired Tanny? Not likely, so it's probably a lot longer than 10 days later that these names are coming up now.

    We are not on Plan B. more like plan M & N.
    Nothing in this (and most of your) post is based in any fact whatsoever. For the last few days you've been spewing this crap all over the board. Having an opinion is one thing, but these rambling conspiracy theories dont serve any purpose.

    Wake up. The media has an agenda. Case in point -the Jets contacted a potential GM candidate on Monday (before losing out on Caldwell) but news of that request just came out today - leading some reporters to claim the Jets are 'scrambling'.

    We don't know when these candidates were contacted, and we don't know who (or in what order) make up the list. Maybe Gamble and Caldwell were brought in first because they already had other interviews lined up and the Jets didn't want to miss a chance to speak with them. Maybe Gamble didn't get the job because he really didn't impress the Jets - I mean, besides Jacksonville, there hasn't been another team to offer him a 2nd interview.

    I read your posts and it's obvious that no matter what the Jets do, it won't be the right move.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Only four were part of the act.
    True, but the Lions need to be on the list. I would say remove the Panthers and put the Lions on the list.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    True, but the Lions need to be on the list. I would say remove the Panthers and put the Lions on the list.
    LOL. They really do. Anyone we've ever had, or could hire, as GM is miles better than that dunce/shoemaker Matt Millen.


    And, actually, you get partial credit. Although Gummo was not part of the classic group we remember from their films, he did perform with his brothers whilst they were in Vaudeville.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

    We don't know when these candidates were contacted, and we don't know who (or in what order) make up the list. Maybe Gamble and Caldwell were brought in first because they already had other interviews lined up and the Jets didn't want to miss a chance to speak with them. Maybe Gamble didn't get the job because he really didn't impress the Jets - I mean, besides Jacksonville, there hasn't been another team to offer him a 2nd interview.

    I read your posts and it's obvious that no matter what the Jets do, it won't be the right move.
    Honestly, has that actually been confirmed? Gamble said that he cancelled that interview to "concentrate on the Jets".

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Honestly, has that actually been confirmed? Gamble said that he cancelled that interview to "concentrate on the Jets".
    Did he say that or was that speculation from the media?

  8. #228
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Tebow spouting cliches on Fox Business Network. Won't answer questions about Jets or where he thinks he'll play next year.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Tebow spouting cliches on Fox Business Network. Won't answer questions about Jets or where he thinks he'll play next year.
    Hope Dave Caldwell likes Tim Tebow.

  10. #230
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    The Tivo CEO talking about Tebow sounds like Rex last March. Very excited about him.


    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Tebow has "Saved By the Bell" on his Tivo


    Tevo > Tebow. Even the little girl on TV said so.

  11. #231
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Nothing in this (and most of your) post is based in any fact whatsoever. For the last few days you've been spewing this crap all over the board. Having an opinion is one thing, but these rambling conspiracy theories dont serve any purpose.

    Wake up. The media has an agenda. Case in point -the Jets contacted a potential GM candidate on Monday (before losing out on Caldwell) but news of that request just came out today - leading some reporters to claim the Jets are 'scrambling'.

    We don't know when these candidates were contacted, and we don't know who (or in what order) make up the list. Maybe Gamble and Caldwell were brought in first because they already had other interviews lined up and the Jets didn't want to miss a chance to speak with them. Maybe Gamble didn't get the job because he really didn't impress the Jets - I mean, besides Jacksonville, there hasn't been another team to offer him a 2nd interview.

    I read your posts and it's obvious that no matter what the Jets do, it won't be the right move.
    I guess we are just going to have to wait and see how all tho plays out. When Cohen or another Rex Ryan lackey are hired and Rex gets extended, then we come back and re-visit these threads.

    We had an opportunity to do the right thing. We did not use the I put from Korn/ferry or Bill Polian. So now Rex and Woody are the "experts" driving the bus now. Since we know both of their track records of late some of us know the ending of this book.

    The NY media piles on us because in most cases, their correct and we deserve it.

  12. #232
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,728
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Ok I'll elaborate. Woody who self proclaimed to not be an expert at this hires a professional firm - a firm that specializes in this kind of search and has done this prior with other teams, gives Woody a list.

    Now, according to the Kool aid brigade, none of these 5 or so candidates were qualified so we have to keep extending the search. So what is more likely:

    Woody knows more about this job than Jed Hughes and Bill Polian and this will leave no stone unturned?

    Or

    Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off.

    Which one is more likely? There is no more qualified candidate than Tom Gamble. He has 25 years experience in every facet of the front office and had NFL coaching exp. Gaine and Raye III may be legit but they were not even mentioned until 10 days after our search began.

    Also, when did Woody solicit Jed Hughes help? Did he wait until be fired Tanny? Not likely, so it's probably a lot longer than 10 days later that these names are coming up now.

    We are not on Plan B. more like plan M & N.
    How do you know it wasn't the Jets who were scared off by the candidate?

  13. #233
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    At least he didn't ask out of interview RT @BrianCoz: Glad I went to college for 4 yrs so I could watch this mindless interview of Tebow.


    Haha, Cimini goin' hard in the paint.

  14. #234
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Ok I'll elaborate. Woody who self proclaimed to not be an expert at this hires a professional firm - a firm that specializes in this kind of search and has done this prior with other teams, gives Woody a list.

    Now, according to the Kool aid brigade, none of these 5 or so candidates were qualified so we have to keep extending the search. So what is more likely:

    Woody knows more about this job than Jed Hughes and Bill Polian and this will leave no stone unturned?

    Or

    Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off.

    Which one is more likely? There is no more qualified candidate than Tom Gamble. He has 25 years experience in every facet of the front office and had NFL coaching exp. Gaine and Raye III may be legit but they were not even mentioned until 10 days after our search began.

    Also, when did Woody solicit Jed Hughes help? Did he wait until be fired Tanny? Not likely, so it's probably a lot longer than 10 days later that these names are coming up now.

    We are not on Plan B. more like plan M & N.

    And yet - he is continually getting passed up for GM jobs by teams other than the Jets. If he is so qualified, such the clear cut #1 candidate out there why'd they pass:

    San Diego
    KC
    Jax
    Arizona

    Your desire to do nothing more then rant and rave is making you sound foolish.

  15. #235
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,991
    Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off.
    Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

  16. #236
    "Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off. "

    Well that and cap hell....and Mark Sanchez

  17. #237

  18. #238
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,213
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Tebow spouting cliches on Fox Business Network. Won't answer questions about Jets or where he thinks he'll play next year.
    Rex has said that player decisions won't bemade until the new GM is on board. The new GM will have final word on who stays and who leaves.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Don't forget dem' tits.

  20. #240
    BREAKING NEWS:

    Mike Francesa ‏@MikeFrancesaNY
    Cardwell told da Jets to get lawst. Thank gawd. I didnt wanna be ridiculed foah rollin my Ah's whenevah I said his name foah da next 4 yeahs


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us