Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Rex has said that player decisions won't bemade until the new GM is on board. The new GM will have final word on who stays and who leaves.
    He's not coming back, lol. Thank God.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Welcome to two days ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I guess we are just going to have to wait and see how all tho plays out. When Cohen or another Rex Ryan lackey are hired and Rex gets extended, then we come back and re-visit these threads.

We had an opportunity to do the right thing. We did not use the I put from Korn/ferry or Bill Polian. So now Rex and Woody are the "experts" driving the bus now. Since we know both of their track records of late some of us know the ending of this book.

The NY media piles on us because in most cases, their correct and we deserve it.
    How do you know what the input from Korn/Ferry was? How do you know that Rex and Woody are 'driving the bus'? This is what I am talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Why haven't we put in a request to talk to people in the Steelers organization? This search firm is a waste.
    They're up right after Arizona, Detroit,St. Louis and K.C.

@AdamSchefter: Panthers named Dave Gettleman their new GM.

Teams with GM openings-Jets, KC, Browns

So still available:

Gamble
    Ross
    Gaine
    Raye
    Cohen
    Dorsey-KC?
    Heckert-declined jets interview request
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

She also has a sister who worked for the Jets...which was the original connection to the Jets and Sanchez. Maybe lil sis Upton got sh!t canned by the Jets and now Kate's just firing back?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    She also has a sister who worked for the Jets...which was the original connection to the Jets and Sanchez. Maybe lil sis Upton got sh!t canned by the Jets and now Kate's just firing back?
    IIRC. I think she got married and moved to Florida. Christine Upton I believe

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The Marx Brothers of the NFL. Albeit without their superlative talent and, at least intentional, comedic gift.
    Since Rex likes to dress up in wigs, he could be "Lydia oh Lydia the tatooed lady..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Since Rex likes to dress up in wigs, he could be "Lydia oh Lydia the tatooed lady..."
    I could see him in a rousing version of "Hooray for Captain Spaulding", too.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL. They really do. Anyone we've ever had, or could hire, as GM is miles better than that dunce/shoemaker Matt Millen.

And, actually, you get partial credit. Although Gummo was not part of the classic group we remember from their films, he did perform with his brothers whilst they were in Vaudeville.
    I can't find any pictures of her and have no idea what she looks like today, but Millen married (and is still married to) one of the cutest girls at Penn State at the time. She was on the gymnastics team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Honestly, has that actually been confirmed? Gamble said that he cancelled that interview to "concentrate on the Jets".
    According to reports, Jax wanted to interview him for a 3rd time.

I just find it interesting that all 3 teams left looking for spots are doing the exact same thing in hiring a HC before hiring a GM.

And when looking at all the situations, the Jets might be the most likely spot where a GM might get to implant his coach. Because Rex is more likely to go next year than either Andy Reid or the Browns HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I can't find any pictures of her and have no idea what she looks like today, but Millen married (and is still married to) one of the cutest girls at Penn State at the time. She was on the gymnastics team.
    I remember her. Very cute, little blonde.

I was at one of their meets where Millen came back to campus and carried her off on his shoulders into the night. Really weird.

I remember her. Very cute, little blonde.

I was at one of their meets where Millen came back to campus and carried her off on his shoulders into the night. Really weird.
    Sure, but when I do it it's creepy and worthy of jail.

#DoubleStandard

@JasonLaCanfora: Brad Childress was in KC to see Andy Reid and will have end up with some role on that staff, but not as a coordinator or QB coach

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    "Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off. "

Well that and cap hell....and Mark Sanchez
    Those are two areas that the new GM can rectify. That's part of his job description. It may not be easy, but it can be done.

But, if he has a plan for the team in terms of philosophy on both sides of the ball, and he wants to acquire (through the draft and FA) players that he feels best fits that philosophy, and if he thinks that Rex Ryan isn't the right HC to implement that plan and take it to the next level, that could be the biggest deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

#DoubleStandard
    LOL. Always walk around with bail money, McG.

It was creepy when Millen did it, too. Yet, you had a field house full of fawning sycophants wildly cheering on the young couple.

LOL. Always walk around with bail money, McG.

It was creepy when Millen did it, too. Yet, you had a field house full of fawning sycophants wildly cheering on the young couple.
    If I could carry away a woman into the night on my shoulder while a group of people cheered me on, I'd be soo happy.

I will just say this. The Jets will have a GM by next Monday

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

#DoubleStandard
    She wasn't 14.