Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    OK Albert explain how the Jets are scrambling considering your tweet from yesterday.

@AlbertBreer: Word is that Caldwell is atop the Jets' GM candidate list, but they're not married to the idea. And there are a couple other guys they like.
    Maybe the Jets were playing it cool yesterday not trying to tip their hand. Since they have lost out on Caldwell maybe their is a bit of urgency now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to think that the longer this goes on and the more people they interview, the less likely it is that Cohen gets the job. I'd be fine with just about anyone but Cohen, so that's a win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Bills hire former Jets DC Mike Pettine as their defensive coordinator, per @mortreport. Rex Ryan can't be happy. #Jets

lol, Rex doesn't give a ****, you ignorant clown.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    With Pettine in Buff, you could see some #Jets surface there: DeVito, Bell, Landry -- all UFAs. Pace, Scott, assuming they're cut.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Bills-Jets games next year suddenly became a lot more interesting

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Bills hire former Jets DC Mike Pettine as their defensive coordinator, per @mortreport. Rex Ryan can't be happy. #Jets

lol, Rex doesn't give a ****, you ignorant clown.
    Nor do I .....however, Buffalo will have our defensive playbook. Those two games will be pretty interesting next year. As far as Ignorant Clowns go.....Rex and WoodPecker seem to have the market cornered, no other clowns can compare to the fiasco/love fest we saw yesterday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    With Pettine in Buff, you could see some #Jets surface there: DeVito, Bell, Landry -- all UFAs. Pace, Scott, assuming they're cut.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Bills-Jets games next year suddenly became a lot more interesting

We should pray he brings those guys there....all but DeVito.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How bad could Gamble's interview possibly have been that we are completely bypassing him?

I honestly have no idea what the team/search firm is doing. What are we now on our 5th choice?

Caldwell, Gamble, Heckert, Ross and now its Scott Cohen?

Even if we call someone like Gaines from Miami, he would look like an idiot to take the job now after everyone has passed us over?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7
    Better way to say this: Search firm for #Jets GM seems to be reacting to twitter before they contact candidates

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Source confirms that Bills have hired former Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine for the same position in Buffalo, as @mortreport noted

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Can confirm ESPN report the Bills have hired Mike Pettine as their DC. Have to wonder if Rob Ryan replaces Pettine on Rex Ryan's D in NY

I post that as an example of why I hate reporters like La Canfora who cover the league as a whole: they don't know what the **** is going on. CLEARLY, we already know Thurman has been named the new DC. But, asshat doesn't know that and only heard "NY DC OUT, ROB RYAN FIRED, ROB AND REX ARE RELATED, ROB AND REX TOGETHER IN NY?".
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-09-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    wow, that's hard-hitting Cimini. I hate when things like this are said. just because player A played for coach B doesn't mean when player A is let go he will sign to play for coach B again. nice dot-connecting, though. He must be great at 6 degress of Kevin Bacon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    More changes for the Jets. Assistant DBs coach Jim O'Neil will join Mike Pettine as a member of his Bills' staff, per source. #nyj

Jim O'Neil aided Dennis Thurman last season and worked with the safeties. Laron Landry made the Pro Bowl under O'Neil's watch. #nyj

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Can confirm ESPN report the Bills have hired Mike Pettine as their DC. Have to wonder if Rob Ryan replaces Pettine on Rex Ryan's D in NY

I post that as an example of why I hate reporters like La Canfora who cover the league as a whole: they don't know what the **** is going on. CLEARLY, we already know Thurman has been named the new DC. But, asshat doesn't know that and only heard "NY DC OUT, ROB RYAN FIRED, ROB AND REX ARE RELATED, ROB AND RYAN TOGETHER IN NY?".
    they have no clue. I guarantee La Canfora has been at the Jets facilities less times than me and has no "moles" in the organization. Sure he has a filled rolodex, but always speculating. I can do that

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    With the #Jets reaching out to more candidates, guys like Brian Gaine (MIA) and Joey Clinkscales (OAK) would make a lot of sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Never thought I'd see the day when Mike Pettine is the #1 trending topic worldwide.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    With the #Jets reaching out to more candidates, guys like Brian Gaine (MIA) and Joey Clinkscales (OAK) would make a lot of sense.
    Dennis Hickey (TB) has a head on his shoulders. Helped clean up that aging, talentless Bucs team. Now has young talented players at many positions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Here's my analysis of Mike Pettine leaving #Jets to become Bills DC. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...s-hire-pettine

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Classy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Here's my analysis of Mike Pettine leaving #Jets to become Bills DC. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...s-hire-pettine

Maybe the pro-pettine, puff piece by Cimini was a thank you for all the inside information he leaked to the media. Its the same way Cimini went to bat for Pete Kendall, the hall of fame guard who was jettisoned from the team because he wanted more money. What was he 34 year old at the time?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    How bad could Gamble's interview possibly have been that we are completely bypassing him?

I honestly have no idea what the team/search firm is doing. What are we now on our 5th choice?

Caldwell, Gamble, Heckert, Ross and now its Scott Cohen?

Even if we call someone like Gaines from Miami, he would look like an idiot to take the job now after everyone has passed us over?
    What's weird is that it's not just the Jets. It doesn't seem like his name is surfacing with anyone any more. Wasn't the story that he was going to meet with the Chargers, too? Now the Chargers aren't talking about him either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    We should pray he brings those guys there....all but DeVito.
    Landry and Bell were pretty solid. Especially Landry. I wouldn't want to face him twice a year.