Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Idzik and Khan are first candidates that come from the business side of their respective front offices. Other guys have all been personnel.
    Maybe they are considering bringing in an outside cap guy to help navigate through the cap hell we are going to be in next year.

At this point what we are hearing now is refreshing. After yesterday's press conference and the Cohen tweet, I may have had a stroke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And just to be sure about it I tweeted him:

@GreenLanternJet So are you certain that they are not hiring Cohen and this list of men is not for show? What are odds one of them say yes?

And he said:

Nothing is absolute. People I spoke with said Cohen on #Jets list, mostly as courtesy but may be viable if things fall apart

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are apparently 7 people in the entire NFL who are NOT interviewing for the Jets GM job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    There are apparently 7 people in the entire NFL who are NOT interviewing for the Jets GM job.
    That's OK there are about 3 people in the entire NFL that aren't interviewing for the Bears HC job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For people wanting Jim Popp, there is a connection.

Herb Zurkowsky ‏@HerbZurkowsky1
    So now reports are surfacing #Als GM Jim Popp could be candidate for NY Jets. Brock Sunderland, Jets' scout, used to work for Montreal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I don't see why everyone is freaking out.

Look at all the guys we're interviewing and who is really off the market besides Caldwell?

Calm the hell down.

If there was any real chance that we were going to promote Cohen, then why the hell are we interviewing like 10 candidates within the next week?

Clearly those Korn/Ferry dudes are doing their jobs.

Gamble
    Ross
    Gaine
    Raye
    Angelo
    Kahn
    Popp
    Idzik
    etc.

You sure as hell can't say that we aren't doing our due diligence.

After interviewing all of these guys, select the best candidate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And just to be sure about it I tweeted him:

@GreenLanternJet So are you certain that they are not hiring Cohen and this list of men is not for show? What are odds one of them say yes?

And he said:

Nothing is absolute. People I spoke with said Cohen on #Jets list, mostly as courtesy but may be viable if things fall apart

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    For people wanting Jim Popp, there is a connection.

Herb Zurkowsky ‏@HerbZurkowsky1
    So now reports are surfacing #Als GM Jim Popp could be candidate for NY Jets. Brock Sunderland, Jets' scout, used to work for Montreal.
    I wouldn't mind Popp. By all accounts the guy runs a really well oiled machine up there and has been consistently strong in his performance.

I have no idea how he would manage a draft, but we have historically been SO driven by gut rather than substance, someone with a reputation of competence is very compelling to me...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu79 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Popp. By all accounts the guy runs a really well oiled machine up there and has been consistently strong in his performance.

I have no idea how he would manage a draft, but we have historically been SO driven by gut rather than substance, someone with a reputation of competence is very compelling to me...
    He would do well at the draft I think, the only concern for me with Popp would be salary cap expertise. They have a cap in the CFL but it is much lower. The is pretty sharp. He totally fleeced my home town CFL team in a trade this past year. (But that had more to do with our Gm being a sheer and utter idiot than Popp being shrewd.)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He would do well at the draft I think, the only concern for me with Popp would be salary cap expertise. They have a cap in the CFL but it is much lower. The is pretty sharp. He totally fleeced my home town CFL team in a trade this past year. (But that had more to do with our Gm being a sheer and utter idiot than Popp being shrewd.)
    Are you referring to that guy who likes teenage girls?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm predicting it comes down to Gaine and Popp.