Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    Per @mchappell51, the #Chargers have hired Tom Telesco as their new GM.

As expected

@ProFootballWkly: Per @mchappell51, the #Chargers have hired Tom Telesco as their new GM.

Mike Chappell (@mchappell51) tweeted at 0:52 PM on Wed, Jan 09, 2013:
    #colts Tom Telesco new San Diego GM. Nice hire. Good luck, Tom.

@FootballPost: Report: Cardinals interviewing Todd Haley today: Steelers offensive coordinator a good match with Steve Keim http://t.co/EzKWbzJZ

I have not been able to get any work done this week because of this ******* search, hire somebody already!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @FootballPost: Report: Cardinals interviewing Todd Haley today: Steelers offensive coordinator a good match with Steve Keim http://t.co/EzKWbzJZ
    So he potentially will have gone from the Cardinals Super Bowl team to the Chiefs to the Steelers back to the Cardinals

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Dolphins exec to interview with Jets http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SQY

Chargers announce Tom Telesco will be their new G.M.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Chargers hired Tom Telesco as GM.

Jets requested permission to interview Miami's Brian Gaine and San Diego's Jimmy Raye for GM.

D.C. mayor wants the Redskins to consider changing their name http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SQU

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Dolphins exec to interview with Jets http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SQY

Chargers announce Tom Telesco will be their new G.M.

Chargers hired Tom Telesco as GM.

Jets requested permission to interview Miami's Brian Gaine and San Diego's Jimmy Raye for GM.
    The father's recent connections with the Jets could be interesting with JR III

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    San Diego's Jimmy Raye was also requested by the #jets, according to @AdamSchefter

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    This is a mess. As I noted earlier, it's now safe to say barring a major surprise Tom Gamble will not be the next GM on the New York #Jets.

This is a mess. As I noted earlier, it's now safe to say barring a major surprise Tom Gamble will not be the next GM on the New York #Jets.
    Just asking. What are Jakeys qualifications to "know any inside info"?

All League
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    San Diego's Jimmy Raye was also requested by the #jets, according to @AdamSchefter
    So Raye III is the 10 th candidate that we have either interviewed or requested permission to interview.

Fine job Woody. Hopefully our 10th best guess will turn out to be Ron Wolf. Oh and McElroy be the poor mans Tom Brady.

Why am I surprised at anything this organization does any more.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A mess? What makes that so Jake? Another jag who is going to rip the jets no matter what they do. Or maybe he's just upset because they did not hire Gamble and he cannot lay claim to breaking the story?

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    So Raye III is the 10 th candidate that we have either interviewed or requested permission to interview.

Fine job Woody. Hopefully our 10th best guess will turn out to be Ron Wolf. Oh and McElroy be the poor mans Tom Brady.

Why am I surprised at anything this organization does any more.
    Why is everybody pissed off that they are interviewing a lot of candidates? This happens in business all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Why is everybody pissed off that they are interviewing a lot of candidates? This happens in business all the time.
    agreed. woody is being advised this time by an external source and he's not jumping into anything. i even think korn/ferry advised them to delay the presser a week. the entire offseason approach so far is to not rush and make a mistake. they may ultimately make a mistake, but they don't want it to be b/c they rushed or panicked.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    A mess? What makes that so Jake? Another jag who is going to rip the jets no matter what they do. Or maybe he's just upset because they did not hire Gamble and he cannot lay claim to breaking the story?
    Agree and disagree.

Agree with calling it a mess. Far from it. Interviewing all these candidates is an excellent move. There's no clear cut GM candidate out there. It's all what flavor you like

Disagree in that Jakey usually is so over the top pro Jets its sickening.

I really don't think he is anything more than an agent like guy trying to be buddy buddy with all the players. I stopped following him because of it.

Tahj Boyd has decided to return to clemson, for anyone who was interested in drafting him.

who the hell is going to be our GM?!? It's like a cat and mouse game. At this point, put a bunch of names up on a dartboard and throw darts with a blindfold on. Whichever one gets hit is our new GM. Probably a better tactic than what the Jets are ACTUALLY doing I bet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    agreed. woody is being advised this time by an external source and he's not jumping into anything. i even think korn/ferry advised them to delay the presser a week. the entire offseason approach so far is to not rush and make a mistake. they may ultimately make a mistake, but they don't want it to be b/c they rushed or panicked.
    I don't know why but I lol'd when I read this.