Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't know why but I lol'd when I read this.
    i laughed while writing it. i want to give woody credit for not rushing or panicking here, but that doesn't mean they'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Why is everybody pissed off that they are interviewing a lot of candidates? This happens in business all the time.
    Exactly! Especially since there isn't really a clear cut #1 guy with existing GM experience really out there. Eckert was really the only one and he seems to be KC bound.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just asking. What are Jakeys qualifications to "know any inside info"?
    I dont know why people keep posting Steiny's tweets. He is a college student who has a father that has connections to the Jets. He is in no way, shape, or form a legit "insider" or journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont know why people keep posting Steiny's tweets. He is a college student who has a father that has connections to the Jets. He is in no way, shape, or form a legit "insider" or journalist.
    So Steiny's dad is his "inside source'?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    San Diego's Jimmy Raye was also requested by the #jets, according to @AdamSchefter
    Why is everybody pissed off that they are interviewing a lot of candidates? This happens in business all the time.
    Ok I'll elaborate. Woody who self proclaimed to not be an expert at this hires a professional firm - a firm that specializes in this kind of search and has done this prior with other teams, gives Woody a list.

Now, according to the Kool aid brigade, none of these 5 or so candidates were qualified so we have to keep extending the search. So what is more likely:

Woody knows more about this job than Jed Hughes and Bill Polian and this will leave no stone unturned?

Or

Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off.

Which one is more likely? There is no more qualified candidate than Tom Gamble. He has 25 years experience in every facet of the front office and had NFL coaching exp. Gaine and Raye III may be legit but they were not even mentioned until 10 days after our search began.

Also, when did Woody solicit Jed Hughes help? Did he wait until be fired Tanny? Not likely, so it's probably a lot longer than 10 days later that these names are coming up now.

We are not on Plan B. more like plan M & N.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Ok I'll elaborate. Woody who self proclaimed to not be an expert at this hires a professional firm - a firm that specializes in this kind of search and has done this prior with other teams, gives Woody a list.

Now, according to the Kool aid brigade, none of these 5 or so candidates were qualified so we have to keep extending the search. So what is more likely:

Woody knows more about this job than Jed Hughes and Bill Polian and this will leave no stone unturned?

Or

Woody's mandated hierarchy which includes the new GM being Rex Ryan's b!tch is scaring every single one of the candidates off.

Which one is more likely? There is no more qualified candidate than Tom Gamble. He has 25 years experience in every facet of the front office and had NFL coaching exp. Gaine and Raye III may be legit but they were not even mentioned until 10 days after our search began.

Also, when did Woody solicit Jed Hughes help? Did he wait until be fired Tanny? Not likely, so it's probably a lot longer than 10 days later that these names are coming up now.

We are not on Plan B. more like plan M & N.
    Then why did the Chargers pass over him? And the Chiefs are going to pass over him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    This is a mess. As I noted earlier, it's now safe to say barring a major surprise Tom Gamble will not be the next GM on the New York #Jets.
    "on" the New York Jets? lrn2grammar, Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    "on" the New York Jets? lrn2grammar, Jake.
    More like FAKE Steinberg, amirite doe?

#****ingHateYouGinley

Jets Insider VIP
    More like FAKE Steinberg, amirite doe?

#****ingHateYouGinley
    You're always right, bf

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Then why did the Chargers pass over him? And the Chiefs are going to pass over him.
    Bad interview?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You're always right, bf
    Yea, I'm pretty bess.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Bad interview?
    Possibly

There's a twitter war-a-brewin'

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    On Haley: No sure thing he'll be back w #Steelers. Yet he didn't want to interview w Cards unless he had REAL shot. Unclear whether he did

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    From Jerome Stanley, Todd Haley's agent: "The report is wrong. I stand by my statement. Period. You can report that!" Saying no interview

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    This is unreal. RT @EdBouchette #Steelers President Art Rooney confirms that Haley is interviewing for #Cardinals job.

Veteran
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    Per @mchappell51, the #Chargers have hired Tom Telesco as their new GM.

As expected
    So much for my "sources" lol. Raye would be a good hire for the Jets, but he's really only been with one organization his whole career. Not sure how that would impact moving to an entirely different scene...

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    So much for my "sources" lol. Raye would be a good hire for the Jets, but he's really only been with one organization his whole career. Not sure how that would impact moving to an entirely different scene...
    His father worked for the Jets as an offensive assistant in the 2000s so there is a connection.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Titans Vice President/Player Personnel Lake Dawson interviewed today for the Panthers GM job.

Jets requested interviews w/ Dolphins director of player personnel Brian Gaine, Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye for GM job.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Four GM openings left: Jets, Chiefs, Panthers, Browns #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets requested interviews w/ Dolphins director of player personnel Brian Gaine, Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye for GM job.

We can pretty much cross off the Chiefs. Dorsey will land there sooner or later.

The Marx Brothers of the NFL. Albeit without their superlative talent and, at least intentional, comedic gift.

Soooo....4 spots left...

Dorsey
    Gamble
    Ross
    Gaine
    Raye

Cohen

So even if the music stops, it should be someone not named Cohen.