Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/9

By the way, if the Chargers do hire Jimmy Raye, that would be an internal hire.

So don't think the Jets are in the crazy boat alone.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Bad news for Jets: Bills hire Pettine: Rex Ryan can't be happy about this. Former Jets defensive coordinat... http://es.pn/ZqWSKk #nyj

How is that bad news, assclown?
    It is bad news for some people; the gossip columnists that pose as writers in the New York tabloids. They have lost a rat who was more then willing to sell out fellow coaches and players by leaking information.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4767818]Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets owner won't say whether he will sue fans who default on PSLs #nyj: http://nyp.st/Zp0ZGM via @nypost

Woody said ask the legal dept about PSLs. I'm sure they won't allow contracts to not be honored without a fight. At the very min they will get a poor credit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I agree it's not JUST Ryan's presence.

But forcing him on the new GM is not the right way to do business.

The GM can work on the cap. He can decide Sanchez' future with the team. If he's a pro, he can handle the NY media.

But he can't pick his own HC?

That's working ass-backwards IMO.
    And yet two other teams are doing the exact same thing this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

except for all of A.J. Smith's personality issues, he was a talented GM. It is more believable and credible to pick his understudy.

Great; our organization will be ran as well as the San Diego Chargers.

WE AIMING HIGH NATION NOW!

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Confirmed that the Jets asked for permission to interview the Colts' Tom Telesco for GM job., as NFL Network reported. #nyj

Jets asked to talk to Telesco on Monday, so it has nothing to do with Caldwell choosing Jaguars. #nyj

Veteran
    It's amazing to watch how pure speculation has transformed into fact on these boards over the last week. It's gone from, "what GM would want to come here with the cap," and "Rex staying could push people away?" to "The cap situation and/or Rex is definitively keeping everyone away," and "Woody has always wanted to sign a lackey who will do his bidding and this is definitively all a charade."

At this point, no matter who the Jets hire, they will be blasted. Which I guess is SNAFU around here anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    It's amazing to watch how pure speculation has transformed into fact on these boards over the last week. It's gone from, "what GM would want to come here with the cap," and "Rex staying could push people away?" to "The cap situation and/or Rex is definitively keeping everyone away," and "Woody has always wanted to sign a lackey who will do his bidding and this is definitively all a charade."

At this point, no matter who the Jets hire, they will be blasted. Which I guess is SNAFU around here anyways.
    By the way, you're in San Diego. Who's got the lead?

I hate this new world of instant news sometimes. opinions can be formed by what one reads in 140 characters

All League
    Not for nothing, but how come every time the Jets are filling a coaching or FO position, it seems like all the good candidates get hired before the Jets react? They always seem to move slower then other teams in this regard, thereby losing their chance to land the best candidates.

I get the same awful feeling every time, as I watch the rest of the NFL pass us by. And here it is... happening AGAIN.

Veteran
    By the way, you're in San Diego. Who's got the lead?
    Actually in Seattle now, just can't change the name

But from everything I heard/have heard, I think it'll be Raye.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I hate this new world of instant news sometimes. opinions can be formed by what one reads in 140 characters
    You are so right. It now decides elections.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    There has been so little actual information in the past two weeks, that everyone has seemingly filled in the blanks themselves with opinion and hyperbolic emotion.

[QUOTE=RMJK;4767837]
    Jets owner won't say whether he will sue fans who default on PSLs #nyj: http://nyp.st/Zp0ZGM via @nypost

Woody said ask the legal dept about PSLs. I'm sure they won't allow contracts to not be honored without a fight. At the very min they will get a poor credit rating.
    Doubt it. He gets to keep the money paid so far and resell the seats, even at a discount. He wins all around, no need to alienate anyone by attacking their credit record.

Hall Of Fame

Its all speculation, I dont know anyone who is stating anything as fact, its just people giving their opinions based on what they see and read. Going into this process most people around here thought the Jets would end up with one of the top candidates out there. The biggest question was IF Woody forcing the new GM to keep Rex and Woody's affinity towards Rex would affect their decisions. Its still relatively early in this process, only one candidate has been brought in for a second interview thus far.

Plan A
    Plan B
    Plan C
    Plan D
    Plan E
    Plan F
    Plan G
    The assistant GM of the Saskatchewan Roughriders whom the Jets really wanted to hire in the first place who was their top choice.

Jets Insider VIP

I said from Day 1 that I felt Ryan's presence would deter hiring one of the top names.

A good GM can fix the other things. That's his job. But if he can't pick his own HC to implement his vision of what he wants, then that's a potential problem IMO. And a big one.

Confirmed that the Jets asked for permission to interview the Colts' Tom Telesco for GM job., as NFL Network reported. #nyj

Jets asked to talk to Telesco on Monday, so it has nothing to do with Caldwell choosing Jaguars.
    #nyj
    So let' see if Albert Breer reports that...

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    The Jets, scrambling a bit after losing out on Caldwell, put in a request to speak with Telesco this week. But Telesco has pushed that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Plan A
    Plan B
    Plan C
    Plan D
    Plan E
    Plan F
    Plan G
    The assistant GM of the Saskatchewan Roughriders whom the Jets really wanted to hire in the first place who was their top choice.
    Actually the Panthers are considering hiring from the CFL.