Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bills Hire Pettine

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    So that Pettine can more effectively implement his [Rex's] defensive system. And to mentor the other players on it's nuances.

Rex did that with Scott and Leonhard.

Mangini wanted Coleman, Elam, Bowens from the Jets, as part of that Sanchez trade, for the same reasons.
    That's nice for Pettine. But what's in it for DeVito? The Bills will not pay him above his market value and he has no chance to start (unlike all the other players you mention). Plus he'd be signing with a losing team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Is Pettine taking Manish with him?
    Would love for someone to Tweet that to Manish.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What would it do? He'd probably just block you, rofl.

I would but Cimini already blocked me.. I can't lose them all lol

I agree. But that doesn't mean Pettine isn't a snake. Two wrongs don't make a right.

To be honest, I am glad he is Buffalo. I think he will be awful for them.
    How, exactly, is it a wrong?

Working for the Jets was a job for the guy, not a goddamn higher calling.

If you work for IBM and get fired or demoted are you going to feel guilty if you go work for Intel? Why is the dynamic any different because it's the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiight, sure you weren't...

Reread what I said. It's not about being a new Jets fan or not; it's that you're not a Jets fan PERIOD and somehow think you can go around making stupid, untrue statements about anything going on with the team.
    Riiiiight. I forgot that I have to pass a "Jets as a Second Language" test before you allow me to become a citizen of the Jets Nation.

Since you're the current president of the Jets Fan Club, maybe you can tell me how many hoops I have to jump through before I can join your club. Is there a secret handshake? Because I've done everything that people like you said I had to do to be a "real" Jets fan. I learned about the players and the coaches. I post about things besides Tebow. I read as many posts on this board as I can. I read sports articles and those super-factual tweets you post in a daily thread. But it's never enough, is it? Pretty much like you decided the QB who was traded to the Jets isn't really a "true" Jet so you can rip him a new one a hundred times a day on the forum. He's the only player traded to the Jets that isn't a "true Jet" according to your mysterious rules.

Are you really so narrow-minded that you believe a Tebow fan wouldn't be drawn into the rollercoaster ride that is the Jets? Do you picture me sitting like an emotionless zombie watching the game until I get a glimpse of Tebow? With my fingers in my ears so I don't hear the names of any of the players and my eyes squinted so I don't get distracted by reading the names on the back of the jerseys? Holding an effing Bible, rosary beads and holy water?

I guess some Jets Fans have low team-esteem and find it hard to imagine anyone outside the "family" choosing to become a fan. It rustles your jimmies that the Tebow trade brought some new football fans to the Jets. Evidently you expected us to watch the team in a vacuum without learning about the players or growing attached to them. I'm definitely not attached to Rex Ryan or some of the more obnoxious fans on this forum, but I have grown attached to the players and the team.

Regardless, you're not the boss of me LOL - you don't get to decide whether I'm a "true" Jets fan or not. Continue your pattern of tolerating Sanchez Homers and Rex Ryan Homers while holding me to a higher set of standards. Ta.