Thread: Bills Hire Pettine

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Is Pettine taking Manish with him?
    Yes

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be interesting to see how our Offense does against Buffalo; We are getting a Offense overhaul so I doubt it give him any advantage.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Is Pettine taking Manish with him?
    Manish just tweeted this tho:
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Don't be surprised if DL Mike DeVito, OLB Calvin Pace and S Eric Smith are Buffalo Bills next season. #nyj

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to spice up the rivalry.

Scott...Thomas...Pace...Smitty...maybe some of these players the Jets plan to cut, could end up playing with the Bills.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pettine is the D coordinator and Paul Hackett's kid is the offensive coordinator

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Manish just tweeted this tho:
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Don't be surprised if DL Mike DeVito, OLB Calvin Pace and S Eric Smith are Buffalo Bills next season. #nyj
    DeVito's a solid player, but why in the world would the Bills spend money on a position of strength (Kyle Williams/Marcell Dareus) rather than address more pressing personnel issues?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    DeVito's a solid player, but why in the world would the Bills spend money on a position of strength (Kyle Williams/Marcell Dareus) rather than address more pressing personnel issues?
    If Devito gets cut here, he could go up there as a rotational guy. If they move to the 3-4, DeVito is certainly serviceable, will cost about $1m, has a good work ethic and knows Pettine's defense.

Its not like he's going to cost that much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So that Pettine can more effectively implement his defensive system. And to mentor the other players on it's nuances.

Rex did that with Scott and Leonhard.

Mangini wanted Coleman, Elam, Bowens from the Jets, as part of that Sanchez trade, for the same reasons.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Micro-manager Rex

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    After having the play calling duties yanked from under you why can't he go wherever he wants.
    This ^^^^

Maybe Pettine got tired of doing all the work while Rex got all the credit. The fact that O'Neil is going with him instead of trying for Pettine's DC position with the Jets is interesting.

Why does Rex gets all the credit for the Jets' Defense anyway? He's supposed to be the HC, not a glorified DC. He's had 4 years to learn the Offensive side of the game and failed. After sh*t-canning Schotty, Rex's excuse was that he'd turned the Offense entirely over to Schotty. He said he'd never do that again, and promised to study and get up to speed on the Offensive side of the game. Instead he hired Sparano and turned it all over to him! Yesterday he had the nerve to use the Schotty Excuse again.

These coaches have seen the behind-the-scenes Rex; maybe they know something we don't. Last year he lost the locker room. This year it looks like he lost the loyalty of the coaching staff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    This ^^^^

Maybe Pettine got tired of doing all the work while Rex got all the credit. The fact that O'Neil is going with him instead of trying for Pettine's DC position with the Jets is interesting.

Why does Rex gets all the credit for the Jets' Defense anyway? He's supposed to be the HC, not a glorified DC. He's had 4 years to learn the Offensive side of the game and failed. After sh*t-canning Schotty, Rex's excuse was that he'd turned the Offense entirely over to Schotty. He said he'd never do that again, and promised to study and get up to speed on the Offensive side of the game. Instead he hired Sparano and turned it all over to him! Yesterday he had the nerve to use the Schotty Excuse again.

These coaches have seen the behind-the-scenes Rex; maybe they know something we don't. Last year he lost the locker room. This year it looks like he lost the loyalty of the coaching staff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This ^^^^

Yeah like no coaches leave other teams.. How many of BB's original staff is still with him??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Ha! Nice try. You know I won't leave the Rex Ryan Rollercoaster - especially when that long drop is coming up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! Nice try. You know I won't leave the Rex Ryan Rollercoaster - especially when that long drop is coming up.
    I just think it's funny how a non-Jets fan who has only been here a few months thinks she knows what's going on with the Jets. Haha, stick to Tebow and leave the inner-workings to those of us who are completely clueless.

Rex Ryan is a bad HC, but if you think that Defense isn't his baby then you have admitted that you know nothing about him or the team.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-09-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    After having the play calling duties yanked from under you why can't he go wherever he wants.
    I agree. But that doesn't mean Pettine isn't a snake. Two wrongs don't make a right.

To be honest, I am glad he is Buffalo. I think he will be awful for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! Nice try. You know I won't leave the Rex Ryan Rollercoaster - especially when that long drop is coming.
    Is that a Tebow code word??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I just think it's funny how a non-Jets fan who has only been here a few months thinks she knows what's going on with the Jets. Haha, stick to Tebow and leave the inner-workings to those of us who are completely clueless.

Rex Ryan is a bad HC, but if you think that Defense isn't his baby then you have admitted that you know nothing about him or the team.
    I didn't say defense wasn't his "baby". I say as head coach he's expected to know both sides of the game instead of being a glorified DC.

Thanks for the patronizing comments about me being a new Jets fan. FYI - it doesn't take years to recognize a train wreck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This ^^^^

It's going to be Thurman's...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say dense wasn't his "baby". I say as head coach he's expected to know both sides of the game instead of being a glorified DC.fe
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy
    Maybe Pettine got tired of doing all the work while Rex got all the credit.
    Riiiiiiiiiight, sure you weren't...

Thanks for the patronizing comments about me being a new Jets fan. FYI - it doesn't take years to recognize a train wreck.
    Reread what I said. It's not about being a new Jets fan or not; it's that you're not a Jets fan PERIOD and somehow think you can go around making stupid, untrue statements about anything going on with the team.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-09-2013 at 11:20 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly will suck if it turns out that "Rex Ryan's Defense" was actually "Mike Pettine's Defense".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If Devito gets cut here, he could go up there as a rotational guy. If they move to the 3-4, DeVito is certainly serviceable, will cost about $1m, has a good work ethic and knows Pettine's defense.

Its not like he's going to cost that much.
    If he only gets 1 million he should fire his agent. And why would he go someplace for about 1 million where he will not start and has zero chance of being on a winning team?