Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Ryan goes off on Dallas

Rob Ryan goes off on Dallas

Rob Ryan is one of the most colorful figures in the NFL, so it should come as no surprise that he went off after the Dallas Cowboys fired him as defensive coordinator last night.

Here's what he told ESPN Dallas:

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better. I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes.

"I think I did a good job and I think our staff did a good job on defense trying to compete with what we had at the end of the year. But the best job we did was when we were able to coach our starters."

For all his bluster, he makes some legitimate points.

Dallas was 31st in points allowed and 23rd in yards allowed in 2010, the season before Ryan came in. Last year they were 16th and 14th in those respective categories. This year they regressed a bit, finishing 19th and 24th, but the defense was hit with a rash of injuries.

According to Jonathan Bales of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys defensive starters missed a combined 38 games this season, and concluded, "When we assess Rob Ryan’s 2012 defense, there simply needs to be an asterisk next to the numbers."

So yes, Ryan has a point.

Hopefully he'll find his way back to an NFL sideline next year, because he really is one of the great characters in the sport. The Jets, who are coached by his brother Rex Ryan, have an opening at defensive coordinator... just saying.

All Pro
    the man has a point.

and they were on their 5th/6th ILB and 4th NT in the last game of the year. No wonder why they couldn't stop the run

Cowboy fans are mad as hell: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lm...2830443/page-2

Jerry is such a moron, lol.

Rob is right, but wrong for the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Cowboy fans are mad as hell: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lm...2830443/page-2

Jerry is such a moron, lol.
    IGN is a video game website.

No more Ryan's in New York please.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    I know, I was reading their boards and found their football forum. Cowboy fans are raging like hell.

Ryan doesn't mention his coaching miscues, mental lapses, and sideline antics. A loose cannon without out any kind of filter that believes he is bigger than the team. Mugging for the camera, jawing with fans....his act got old. Besides, only JJ can mug for the camera.
    These Ryan boys really believe they are the second coming.
    Rob will end up on a crappy team and these same excuses will get rolled out in a couple of years. Yawn......in just a few years the entire family will be out of profootball......big whoooop

cowboys always have lofty expectations
    jones will not fire "GM Jones." Certainly wasnt going to fire his lover, Garrett

someone had to take the fall

Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    in just a few years the entire family will be out of profootball......big whoooop
    you obviously know nothing about the game of football

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Ryan doesn't mention his coaching miscues, mental lapses, and sideline antics. A loose cannon without out any kind of filter that believes he is bigger than the team. Mugging for the camera, jawing with fans....his act got old. Besides, only JJ can mug for the camera.
    These Ryan boys really believe they are the second coming.
    Rob will end up on a crappy team and these same excuses will get rolled out in a couple of years. Yawn......in just a few years the entire family will be out of profootball......big whoooop
    Dam you just described a whiny Jet fan to a tee..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    I know, I was reading their boards and found their football forum. Cowboy fans are raging like hell.
    It doesn't matter if its a video game site, it's still the temperature of the fanbase. I've seen it on other boards as well.

It sounds like a dick move from a dick owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It doesn't matter if its a video game site, it's still the temperature of the fanbase. I've seen it on other boards as well.

It sounds like a dick move from a dick owner.
    It's an extremely confusing move. Why in the world would they fire the best coach they have?

It's an extremely confusing move. Why in the world would they fire the best coach they have?
    2 and 4 in their confrence 2 years running with some embarrasing losses at home.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    2 and 4 in their confrence 2 years running with some embarrasing losses at home.
    yet if they beat the redskins week 17 they would have made the playoffs.

"i'll be out of work for like five minutes." HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    So? Until they had some devastating injuries, their Defense was going pretty good. If anything, Garrett top should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Rob Ryan is one of the most colorful figures in the NFL, so it should come as no surprise that he went off after the Dallas Cowboys fired him as defensive coordinator last night.

Here's what he told ESPN Dallas:

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better. I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes.

"I think I did a good job and I think our staff did a good job on defense trying to compete with what we had at the end of the year. But the best job we did was when we were able to coach our starters."

For all his bluster, he makes some legitimate points.

Dallas was 31st in points allowed and 23rd in yards allowed in 2010, the season before Ryan came in. Last year they were 16th and 14th in those respective categories. This year they regressed a bit, finishing 19th and 24th, but the defense was hit with a rash of injuries.

According to Jonathan Bales of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys defensive starters missed a combined 38 games this season, and concluded, "When we assess Rob Ryan’s 2012 defense, there simply needs to be an asterisk next to the numbers."

So yes, Ryan has a point.

Hopefully he'll find his way back to an NFL sideline next year, because he really is one of the great characters in the sport. The Jets, who are coached by his brother Rex Ryan, have an opening at defensive coordinator... just saying.

Got to love Ryan boys. Rob Ryan is 100% correct. He did a great job and he got sh*t on by an idiot owner who can't realize numbers that are getting much better when he sees them.

I hope Rob Ryan catches on with another team rather quickly, just hope it ISN'T the Patsies.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    STB

Undrafted Free Agent
    Jets should pick him up. Two big mouth are better than one.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    the man has a point.

and they were on their 5th/6th ILB and 4th NT in the last game of the year. No wonder why they couldn't stop the run

At one point, they were "out" of middle linebackers that started the season on the team and practice squad - all of them were hurt. Every single one. During that time, the defense played well enough to go on a run and give them a chance at the playoffs.

If I had a team (not the Jets), I would consider hiring him in a hearbeat.