Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Ryan goes off on Dallas

Doubtful he would come here. I remember reading an interview of Rex Ryan a few years ago in which he said he and his brother have vowed to never work together on the same team.

Rob would never take the job, but i'd love to have him here as LB coach and fire Bob Sutton once and for all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    Doubtful he would come here. I remember reading an interview of Rex Ryan a few years ago in which he said he and his brother have vowed to never work together on the same team.
    One of the reasons Peyton never would have come to the Jets.. NY was Eli's stomping grounds the media would have been brutal with comparisons..

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    2 and 4 in their confrence 2 years running with some embarrasing losses at home.
    I believe that had everything to do with Romo, not Ryan

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I believe that had everything to do with Romo, not Ryan
    You must be a member of the Ryan's family. You blamed Sanchez to defend Rex and Romo to defend Rob. I think they're loud mouth piece of sh*t coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    you obviously know nothing about the game of football
    Gruden, Cowher, Billick.....They are are waving to you from the bleachers....and these are the successful guys. Mangini, the failures that move on to college, the list is long ....names that get pushed aside for the young bloods. To many retread coaches continue their failing ways.

The Ryans are becoming toxic like their papa....and the league will eventually move on. The Ryan brothers will one day be hosting a fantasy radio show on XM channel 892
    Last edited by Redrew; 01-09-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I hope Rob Ryan catches on with another team rather quickly, just hope it ISN'T the Patsies.
    I doubt he comes back to the Pats. He was already on the staff as LB coach, IIRC. I don't think he'd make a backwards move unless he had to and with the Patriots defense improving to a top 10 team in points allowed I doubt they'd demote Patricia to bring back a coach they already let walk.

It's a shame, too, because I like the Ryans.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post

Big Mac, you are sick

You make the board very entertaining with your sense of humor

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You can be sure that Rex Ryan had a lot to do with his brother's firing.

The Dallas Cowboys are amongst the most valuable sports franchises in the world. Having the identical twin brother of the biggest buffoon in the NFL does not help Dallas's value now or in the future. Jerry Jones cares a lot about perception and the perception around the Ryan brothers couldn't be worse.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

The Dallas Cowboys are amongst the most valuable sports franchises in the world. Having the identical twin brother of the biggest buffoon in the NFL does not help Dallas's value now or in the future. Jerry Jones cares a lot about perception and the perception around the Ryan brothers couldn't be worse.

SAR I
    SAR you have to be kidding me ! That is so far out in the Twilight Zone that I wonder if you're taking drugs

SAR I
    Well, if Jerry Jones is so smart and what you say is correct, then WHY did Jerry hire him in the first place????

You are absolutely ridiculous in your hatred for Rex Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Big Mac, you are sick

You make the board very entertaining with your sense of humor
    Nah, I just represent GIF nation well. In reality, I'm an unfunny slut who would tickle your funny bone for a box of ramen noodles.

SAR I
    The 2 clowns are down right embarrassing ....caricatures of the HS bully who believes the louder you are the smarter you sound.
    And now we are being fed this crap that Wrecks is gonna run an offense based on his personality......an attack offense???? RUFKM

Undrafted Free Agent
    Thrashing your former employer is not the best way to build your resume. I'm pretty sure the Jets love to have this clown join their circus tho.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, if Jerry Jones is so smart and what you say is correct, then WHY did Jerry hire him in the first place????

You are absolutely ridiculous in your hatred for Rex Ryan.
    Because the Buddy Ryan style of defense got the Jets to two consecutive Championship Games very quickly.

I'm sure that appealed to Jerry Jones.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    SAR you have to be kidding me ! That is so far out in the Twilight Zone that I wonder if you're taking drugs
    Do not underestimate the amount of embarrassment Rex Ryan causes the entire NFL.

And do not underestimate how much the most influential owner in the NFL would want to defend the value of his own franchise and defend the honor of the league. Clearly, Jerry Jones was on the fence as to what to do with his defensive coordinator. Something pushed him over the edge. It might have been looking at his brother making a fool of himself and the NFL yet again after a disastrous end to a disastrous season.

SAR I

Because the Buddy Ryan style of defense got the Jets to two consecutive Championship Games very quickly.

SAR I
    I thought Mark Sanchez got us to two consecutive AFC champ games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    Rob has 2 Super Bowl rings with the Pats ..