Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cimini: Rex Ryan looked and sounded like 2009 Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I have been encouraged by a few things.

He finally admits he has made mistakes and will learn from them.
    He has realized that ground and pound by itself is simply not a concept that will win.
    He had the guts to fire Sparano and in essence admit he totally blew it on that hire.
    He did not come out and endorse Sanchez as his guy.

All of these things are positives.
    yes

I've been less concerned on whether Rex is going to be a surviver or fired after 2013. I don't think it will be heavily based on the W-L record anyways. But more on how he handles the team. How open he really is on all things concerning the offense. Especially the QB position. And on how hard and competitive will the Jets play in the 2013 season.

My #1 concern is who the Jets hire as the next GM. Cause that's going to have a big impact on the 2013 draft and beyond. On how he evaluates talent and the type of players he drafts. And on who stays and who goes among players on the current roster. For 2013...trades can be a bigger factor(acquiring extra picks and/or needed players) then any FA pickups, due to CAP restrictions. What kind of offensive input and resources...players and otherwise, is this GM going to provide Rex and the new OC and QB coach.

I remain positive that all these matters will result in an improvement moving forward. That the Jets are heading in the right direction. Nevertheless...it still remains to be seen...on what's going to happen after the new GM is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

All of this outrage is hilarious to me.

Isn't all of this EXACTLY what we wanted?

- Tanny...gone
    - Shades/Cavanaugh...gone
    - Rex taking a more modern day approach to offense
    - Even if Sanchez remains on the roster, nothing will be handed to him just because of his contract situation

I'm happy as a pig in sh*t right now.
    Thats because some fans have been programmed by the media to look at everything the Jets do is a negative. Even when they are making changes. These are the same fans that are mesmerized by Fatcessa and ESPN and that they hope they throw a little nugget of positivity their way and when they dont get the WFAN/ESPN's approval they whine and *****.. What the media says about the Jets matter the most. Last year at this time noone know who Tom Gamble was. Now hes our savior. Here our the facts:

New GM is being hired

New O staff

New D Coordinator

New ST Coordinator

Jets are making changes, but thats not good enough for them because Rex is not fired...but nobody knows who they would replace him with...what if we fired Rex and replaced him with a coach that was actually worse?!? Nobody thinks of this...